Thread: LED lights

RC Competitor

LED lights

I really liked the idea of getting some lights on my 2Pede, but didn't really want to bother doing it myself, figuring out the required resistors and such. Found a guy on E-Bay under the name of Brawil1986 (http://www.ebay.com/sch/brawil1986/m...&_trksid=p3686) who does custom setups at a very reasonable price. I painted my Pede 4X4 body green and thought I would do something unique with green headlights instead of the usual white. I ordered 6 green and 2 red for $13.00 shipped! I doubt I could build this kit myself for that amount unless I bought everything in crazy bulk numbers. These lights are very bright and they look great! Its nice to be able to see where the truck is and which direction its pointed when running at night. These actually work as headlights too and put a nice light in front of the truck. I drilled the holes for the LED holders and then I dabbed some Goop on the holders and lights to hold them solidly and drywall taped and Gooped the wiring to the body. The lights are powered via 9v battery and I found a 9v battery holder at Radio Shack (http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062220) that almost fits perfectly in the slot directly on front of the battery. I had to dremel the holder a little, but its nice tight fit. This is the most exciting them I've done to the truck since I've got it, and the least expensive.

I broke the wheelie bar in 3 places when it landed on its tail after a 6 foot jump at the local skate park. Oops! I've got a Swami being shipped to me.

GRRR! Can't get the pics to show using Flickr

Last edited by VMX12R; 03-07-2013 at 08:30 PM.

RC Champion
    Get a photo bucket account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Competitor

RC Champion
    That looks awesome man! Id like to get some for my truck too. I like the green on yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Champion
    I've been wanting to do this with one of my trucks but I just don't want to bother wiring it. Since I now have an E-Revo and can just throw on the pre-wired summit bumpers.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Very nice setup, I like how you did that.
    Pull the trigger & ride. You gone crash or Bash!!!