RC Qualifier

Something not many people have....it is awesome!

The title says it all...
    I have the brand new....just released cc sidewinder 3 with a 4600kv motor. The motor is nothing new but the esc is the big difference. It's waterproof with more capability to have 3s lipo with out heating issues.
    My first impressing are it looks pretty slick and has very good construction. It is crazy fast in my pede and I love it!
    I will be posting my unboxing video in the next few days
    One question...how do you guys mount the escs in your trucks? Mine is held sown by zip ties as of now
    I will be posting pictures later today
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC poster
    I like the price on these and was wondering how good they are. As mentioned in a previous thread I have a old 11 year old Pede. I want upgrade the transmission and go to brushless but that is a big investment, if I can save a little money that would be great. Castle seem to be a good combo etc and motor.. where did you get it if I may ask and is your a 2wd or 4wd.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Oooohhh, I am jealous! I want one of those so bad. Right now, my rc budget is blown for awhile after completely re-doing my 4-Tec, Stampede, and adding some bits to my Slash and Wraith. Those are going to be great ESC's for scale trucks when paired with a brushed motor. Waterproof and a drag brake; not many around that have those features together.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Enthusiast
    I just got the sv3 and the 3800kv motor. It's a great combo. I personally used industrial Velcro to attach it. It makes it super easy to remove when cleaning, and there's no way it's coming off while bashing.

I use a SnappyRC Mount for my SV2....

With a HR Fan.

I also use one of his mounts for my MMP.... They work excellent..

I mounted an original Sidewinder with double sided tape, and using the screws that hold the VXL ESC, but that only works with the original.

You can get this product, at SnappyRC.com... Im sure 3 is the exact same size as SV2. I havent compared yet though. I know Sidewinder Sv2, was a 1/4 inch bigger than the original on all sides. He specifically sells them for the SV2, when I purchased it, I had to ASK for it, to make sure I got the right one. He was a terrific communicator, so Reach out to him, about your 3. Contact info is on his website.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 03-06-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Does the v3 have a fan? Last sidewinder had a fan, but dont think the waterproof one does...
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I bought the HPI version of the waterproof SV3... unfortunately, for no apparent reason, it does not play nicely with my Airtronics radio. I can not get it to go through the throttle/brake programming. Instead I put it in my daughters 1/16 Summit with a traxxas TQi and paired with an electrifly S-600 motor and it works perfectly. Nice little ESC and the fact that its waterproof definitely makes it a worth upgrade for a traxxas vehicle.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Does the v3 have a fan? Last sidewinder had a fan, but dont think the waterproof one does...
    I thought it did/ would to. I contacted Castle a couple weeks ago and they said the new Sv3 does NOT include a fan. Hmmmmm.....Guess they fixed whatever was heating the old Sv2. The new one is rated for 3S Lipo max.

I tell you one thing I hope they WP the MMP's. That would be killer for the RC market. That is one sick controller. LOL

BTW I should be receiving my 2 brand spanking new MMMv2 WP today. Yehaw!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Yeah mine didnt come with a fan...i wish it did just for a precaution....I will post pictures asap but my computer is having issues right now so it might be a little while.
    thanks for the info absoloot I will look into getting one because zip ties are not gonna work for long
    My first impressions of this are: SOO MUCH POWER Im just running 2s with 15/56 gearing and it hauls....I can hardly keep the front end on the ground! It is AWESOME

RC Qualifier
    Who needs pictures when you can have a video?? Oh yeah right...no one!

I'm not sure if the new combos will include the castle blower for the motor. I've never found a need of it slapped on the motor. I tie strapped mine over the ESC for extra air movement.

Just a thought if you are wanting to utilize an unused part. That's what I did. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by slashbasher24 View Post
    Yeah mine didnt come with a fan...i wish it did just for a precaution....I will post pictures asap but my computer is having issues right now so it might be a little while.
    thanks for the info absoloot I will look into getting one because zip ties are not gonna work for long
    My first impressions of this are: SOO MUCH POWER Im just running 2s with 15/56 gearing and it hauls....I can hardly keep the front end on the ground! It is AWESOME
    Nice man. No Prob. Ya id recommend it. I'm near positive it is the size of SV2, so should fit. But ya it works well. I like ya. But oh man, I know what you mean Wait till you get 3S in there. hehe.. Funny thing.. Now 2S to me is to slow,Im so used to 3S. But I was on 2S for over a year. Great stuff!!!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    I have two of the HPI version and so far they have had no issues so the SV3 should work really well. Just dont try to run the 3800 on 3s. It draws to many amps and is the reason the SCT SV2 got a fan. And I would not put the blower of the esc. It restricts airflow making the esc work harder. The fan from Hot Racing would be a better option.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I run an HPI Vapor Pro on my little guys MERV and has been a fantastic controller. Also has afan installed, they run about $100 on eBay. I believe it's the waterproof version of the Sv2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore