Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sioux City IA
    Posts
    114

    Traxxas Front Steel Spline CV Driveshafts 6851R ?

    I just broke my first driveshaft and was wondering if these are any good . The price for 2 is around $60 , and the Traxxas 6851 drive shaft for 2 is around $14 . So just wondering what is the best to do .

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,253
    building it by buying piece by piece will end up more $$ at the end. now bidding it off ebay, if you get lucky you might get it for less, i know i won my XO-1 drive shafts for $45. XO-1 driveshafts are the same except for the stub axles, it uses 6mm while the other have 5mm stub axles.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoys View Post
    I just broke my first driveshaft and was wondering if these are any good . The price for 2 is around $60 , and the Traxxas 6851 drive shaft for 2 is around $14 . So just wondering what is the best to do .
    I put the traxxas on the front of mine and with 3s lipo so far so good after about 8 batteries. However, I decided to go with the MIPs for the rear based on advice from my LHS and after my post on this forum "Traxxas or MIP cvds with upgraded motor?" from a couple of days ago. I just ordered the MIPs on e-bay for about $50 yesterday and coincidently I just broke my 5th plastic drive shaft in 3 months today.

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, va
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    building it by buying piece by piece will end up more $$ at the end. now bidding it off ebay, if you get lucky you might get it for less, i know i won my XO-1 drive shafts for $45. XO-1 driveshafts are the same except for the stub axles, it uses 6mm while the other have 5mm stub axles.
    What all do you need to use the x0-1 shafts on the slash?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    What all do you need to use the x0-1 shafts on the slash?
    just the stub axles 5mm
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, va
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    just the stub axles 5mm
    What if you want to run the 6mm axles and x0-1 17mm adapters?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    What if you want to run the 6mm axles and x0-1 17mm adapters?
    you cant, you have to stick with the 6mm. if you have 5mm stub axles stick with that 17mm adapters.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, va
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    you cant, you have to stick with the 6mm. if you have 5mm stub axles stick with that 17mm adapters.
    I am sort of lost.
    If I purchased these items
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item5d3a103ac5

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item56527e2c96
    you are saying they can't work together on the Slash?

    Will these work? and would that allow the above parts to work on the Slash?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item5d3a103a55
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    if you get these ^^^^ yes they will work with your slash. only difference with the XO-1 hub/carriers to slash 4x4 is the front steering outer bearing and rear carriers uses 5mm's while xo are 6mm.

    now with these, only work with slash due to 5mm bore
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item56527e2c96
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    I am sort of lost.
    If I purchased these items
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item5d3a103ac5

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item56527e2c96
    you are saying they can't work together on the Slash?

    Will these work? and would that allow the above parts to work on the Slash?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item5d3a103a55
    Have you seen these? http://compare.ebay.com/like/4004105...Types&var=sbar

    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    Here are the front ones.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...3766%26ps%3D54
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-31-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: merge

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,253
    guys, really the only difference with the slash 4x4 CVD to XO-1 are the stub axles.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, va
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    Ya, two of those are the same price as all 4 xo-1 take-offs.

    I basically want to use the stock xo-1 axles with no modding with 17mm traxxas wheels.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    guys, really the only difference with the slash 4x4 CVD to XO-1 are the stub axles.
    Didn't know that, thanks for the info...nice of traxxas to make a minor change and then charge 2x the amount for the same thing.

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, va
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    Didn't know that, thanks for the info...nice of traxxas to make a minor change and then charge 2x the amount for the same thing.
    they probably cost about the same when purchased in Traxxas packaging. the XO-1 set for $73 are pulled off a brand new car so they aren't New in Traxxas Packaging, like the Slash ones you listed.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •