RC Competitor

I need help figuring out which battery is Bad

I bought a new 1/16 Summit and a second battery a couple weeks ago. Somehow one of the batteries over charged, the battery that "overcharged" was hissing when I found it. Traxxas said it was defective and agreed to replace it. Between the time I called traxxas and the new battery arrived, the two batteries got mixed up. Neither batteries are bloated or cracked. Is there a way to check them with a voltmeter? I own a voltmeter but I have no clue how to use it! This is the meter I have

RC Champion
    Call the manufacture maybe they can help . What charger are u using ? u need a peak charger .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    Call the manufacture maybe they can help . What charger are u using ? u need a peak charger .
    I used the supplied charger with the 16th Summit. I went out for a while and came back and the Battery was sizzling. I called traxxas and they sent me a replacement battery in the mail.

My problem is: I trying to figure out which one of the two identical batteries is the bad one cause I got them mixed up. I what to pair the good battery up with the replacement battery traxxas sent me.

Since the incident I bought two of the Traxxas Ez Peak Chargers.

I decided to test the batteries the old school method and run them separately and record the run time on the battery with a dry erase marker. So far I only tested one 1200mah battery and I got 12 minute run time before I noticed a drop in the voltage. I warming up bcause it cold outside and I'm also letting the Summit motor cool down before I test the second battery.

RC Champion
    Should have just looked for marks on the connector or battery case.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Should have just looked for marks on the connector or battery case.
    They were both brand new and don't show any signs of wear or cracks. I think I figured out the bad pack. The ESC started to blink when I plugged that pack in. DUH