RC poster

My first ever lexan body on my pede 4x4.

Hey all,

I just took my new project out for it's first run in the mud! I cleaned it up and had to take some pics. It's my first ever body so PLEASE be gentle. I can take constructive critique though so please, tell me what ya think. I totally HATE cutting wheel wells and what not. That was [hard] (as you can tell in the pics lol).

~Erik

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-05-2013 at 11:04 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Defenitly look great!
    I bought the same body but not painted it yet, did you painted it with spray paint?

RC poster
    Thanks! Yup. I used Pactra Purple Crush (this is NOT a color on it's own, it's just a opalescent like transparent overcoat... kind of thing. Hard to explain) on the entire inside body and created the fade with Sprint White in the front and Outlaw Black in the back as backing colors for the purple. Needless to say the front cam out a bit more white then I anticipated. But over all, I like how it came out. It was definitely a learning experience and my next one will be MUCH better.

Oh, and of course, masked out the bed liner and the front intake areas. Also, the rear bumper, but you can't really see that in the pics unless you REALLY look.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-06-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: post merge

RC poster
    Great job there. Looks nice.

RC Qualifier
    Curved scissors for cutting lexan will make wheel wells easy peasy. I finally got some for my last 2 bodies and the whole 8 bucks i spent on em , i could kick myself for not gettting em sooner.

RC Competitor
    Man looks good for first body. Don't take the wrong way but why did you cut so much out of the wheel wells and by the looks front bumper

RC Qualifier
    Good job.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pa2pla View Post
    Man looks good for first body. Don't take the wrong way but why did you cut so much out of the wheel wells and by the looks front bumper
    Had too to make the body fit without rubbing on tires. As for the front bumper, it would not fit without trimming due to the mount for the actual bumper. My body mounts are WAY lower then stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dugsguns View Post
    Curved scissors for cutting lexan will make wheel wells easy peasy. I finally got some for my last 2 bodies and the whole 8 bucks i spent on em , i could kick myself for not gettting em sooner.
    Believe it or not, I USED curved scissors. Still was a pain! I'm just not good at using those to cut bodies apparently. I'll use a razor knife and/or a dremel next time. Should work better for me.

Please do not bypass the filter by using acronyms.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-06-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: post merge & bypassing the filter

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I use an exacto knife to trace along the wheel well and the rest of the body. Then you can fold and break off most of the pieces. Sometimes you have to go back and run the blade along the lines again. In hard to reach areas I use curved body scissors. It's somthing you learn the more you do it.

You can take the blade and shave/ trim some of the ragged area. When I'm completely done trimming I take fine grit sandpaper and smooth all edges real nice. I've seen some people take a dremel and sanding wheel to the edges to. Everyone has their own trick.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Love the colour schemes man you have done well putting it all together......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!