Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Garage burnt all is lost.

I had a huge garage fire 2 nights ago and everything is gone, all is left is ashes.

I have insurance of course but i have no idea of how to get all my RC's back.

I had a Full FLM Emaxx, STRC slach 4x4, Proline/STRC Slash 2wd, 2 Tmaxx one was stock the other was an OS big block, Mini summits and erevo, 1000's of spare parts, i think i had everytire pro line makes and at least 2 bodies for each truck, I had 3 full back up diffs for the emaxx, an extra motor esc for the slash, the list can go on and on.

I can't just say I have an Emaxx I don't want just the stock Emaxx I want what i had before the fire.

RC Champion
    did you take pictures or have receipts for your purchases?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Oh, I feel for you. Pictures would definitely help insurance claims.
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Champion
    That's why I keep receipts and pictures of everything. Sort for your loss

RC Qualifier
    all your purchases atleast thru paypal can be found there and if ordered off of tower its in your profile when you log in everything you have bought thru them...and that sucks man sorry to here hopefully if nothing else you get copies of all that and prices and turn it in with the insurance and get a check to replace and then on a positive note you get to do some rc shopping!!!
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Champion
    Some issues you might run into(I've been in a similar situation)...
    1. Your insurance company will probably consider your RC cars as a "collection".
    2. Most insurance companies have a "cap" on collections.

In my case...I lost my house in Hurricane Ike.
    At the time I was a diecast car collector and had been for several years(primarily Hot Wheels cars).
    My insurance company had a $2000 cap on any "collection".
    I easily surpassed that as my collection was valued somewhere in the neighborhood of $12-15k...and 95% of it was a complete loss.

I really feel for you and know exactly how it feels to know that no matter what you want to do...your hands are tied and you are at their mercy.
    My heart goes out to you in this difficult time.

The only thing that kept me going was the realization that all the stuff that we lost...was exactly that... "Stuff".
    Stuff can be replaced. Loved ones and memories can't.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I have a lot of parts from Tower so I will look there, I have lots of parts from Ebay as well.

I have no pictures of my Emaxx since I made it all FLM and the pay pal reciept for a lot of things just says "RC Parts" or the name of the store and just parts in general.

I have no recipets from the hobby shop. I'm wondering from pay pal and bank statements if i can find it all I can get a value for RC slection. but my 1/16 e revo was bought when they first come out and one of my Tmaxx is from 2004, i've just kept fixing it over the years and its turned into a fully modified big block.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    Some issues you might run into(I've been in a similar situation)...
    1. Your insurance company will probably consider your RC cars as a "collection".
    2. Most insurance companies have a "cap" on collections.

In my case...I lost my house in Hurricane Ike.
    At the time I was a diecast car collector and had been for several years(primarily Hot Wheels cars).
    My insurance company had a $2000 cap on any "collection".
    I easily surpassed that as my collection was valued somewhere in the neighborhood of $12-15k...and 95% of it was a complete loss.

I really feel for you and know exactly how it feels to know that no matter what you want to do...your hands are tied and you are at their mercy.
    My heart goes out to you in this difficult time.

The only thing that kept me going was the realization that all the stuff that we lost...was exactly that... "Stuff".
    Stuff can be replaced. Loved ones and memories can't.
    Crazy times!!

I was once a die cast collector my self, had an uncle that was big into and would give my models. I have a few 1/18th scale cars worth a lot of money. I was lucky enough to find a 69 Camaro 1 in 2500. it was in original package although the package is damaged i still have the rare collectable, I also have a 59 chevy thats like 1 in 100 and its lost my uncle gave it to me when i was young it was worth $2400 20 odd years ago. you just cant replace those things.

I am truley happy i got out!! Its luky i'm a light sleeper and heard the fire, it was such a big fire the smoke detertors and celing was burth before they went off. by the time we got out it was a struggle to save my truck and car from burning in the drive way.

RC Champion
    Oh man, that truly sucks. Do you know what started the fire?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ive asked my friend, whos an insurance agent, about this not too long ago. Im in ontario so im not sure if things are different but he said you need to list everything you can remember and include the retail price to replace. If the insurance company has doubts about the truth of your claim they may ask for evidence including statements from friends and family about your hobbies.
    I would be very VERY specific about it NOT being a collection. A collection sits on display, RC's are a hobby like scuba diving, paint ball or windsurfing. If that equipment was lost you would list it as hobby or sporting gear. Not a collection. Its always good to have at least SOME photo evidence of your collection. I take a few pics every few months just to be sure I have some on file.
    My buddy said the insurance company may not want to cover your entire claim but if you fight it, and have statements from people who can verify the extent of your hobby gear, you can usually get them to cover it. He's a really honest and knowledgable agent and not just telling me what I want to hear. He got a guy a new 60 inch LED TV a few months ago after the guy drilled a hole through the screen from the back while trying to "install" the wall mount. It was covered as part of his "personal items" and all he paid was the deductible.

There is still hope, dont give up and dont just take someones word that you wont get what you deserve. Get 2nd or 3rd opinions and make sure your talking to people who make decisions, not just low level grunts.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    He got a guy a new 60 inch LED TV a few months ago after the guy drilled a hole through the screen from the back while trying to "install" the wall mount. It was covered as part of his "personal items" and all he paid was the deductible.
    Oh man, probably shouldn't comment on this but that is too funny, maybe he should have paid best buy to mount it.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion

A pic like this is at least a little helpful. I have it stored online as well as on my PC.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Crazy times!!

I was once a die cast collector my self, had an uncle that was big into and would give my models. I have a few 1/18th scale cars worth a lot of money. I was lucky enough to find a 69 Camaro 1 in 2500. it was in original package although the package is damaged i still have the rare collectable, I also have a 59 chevy thats like 1 in 100 and its lost my uncle gave it to me when i was young it was worth $2400 20 odd years ago. you just cant replace those things.
    I had a really good friend that was pretty high up at Mattel. I got some rare stuff from that person...including some prototype stuff.
    Plus...I had one of a kind stuff signed by designers...things of that sort as well as cars.
    As a birthday surprise for my son...a version of a HotWheel car actually got sent to production with his name on it.
    We have a whole case of those that survived(was high enough on a top shelf to be above waterline).
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I'm trying to email Ebay to see if i can get a purchase history from them. all it shows is 60days from log in. I was hoping to gget one from my entire ebay account.

When and if i get everything back i'll be months building all my trucks and hours spent online adding things to the cart.

I guess i'll get the FLM and STRC stuff online and when i'm around the hobby shop (4 hour drive from where i live) i'll just give them a HUGE list of parts!!

RC Champion
    As far as rebuilding RC stuff..look at it this way...
    How many times have you thought..I wish i would have done it "this way"?...
    Now you have the chance.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    Now you have the chance.
    Thats a good way to look at it, anything you had trouble doing you should know how to do it now.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    The only thing that kept me going was the realization that all the stuff that we lost...was exactly that... "Stuff". Stuff can be replaced. Loved ones and memories can't.
    ^^^This!^^^

Now you have the chance.
    ^^^And this!^^^

Op,
    Sorry for your loss man. Hope everything pulls through.
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Qualifier
    I''m thinking i'll buy My emaxx and a Revo 3.3 or slash ultimare to get started so i'll have something RTR to use now then start getting all my parts and upgrades back as time goes on.

RC Champion
    I'm trying to email Ebay to see if i can get a purchase history from them. all it shows is 60days from log in. I was hoping to gget one from my entire ebay account.
    You can go back in your purchase history 3 years on ebay, Under "My eBay" go down to purchase history as normal, Now under the header of PURCHASES you will see Show: and a option to either click on recent or archived. Click on "archived" this will show your past ebay purchases from 3 years. (On a lighter note WOW I have spent alot of cash on e-bay....holy smokes!! lol)

Copied from eBay:
    Quote Originally Posted by eBay
    eBay saves information about your past purchases for up to 3 years.
    Purchases made between 0 - 60 days from today can be viewed in your Recent and Archived purchase history.Transactions that are older than 60 days will be saved in your Archived purchase history.
    To view transactions from prior years, select "Archived", then select the year you'd like to view from the drop-down window.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Good luck there bud.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Ouch, sorry for your loss. What happened to you is my WORST nightmare. I hate fires. I also really hate the idea of losing so much "stuff" that I love. As long as you and all of your loved ones are all right, every thing should be ok.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Sorry for the loss. I have some rc stuff but I have a ton of Stihl chainsaws and rare parts. I have pictures of everything stored in a fire proof/water proof lock box. Incase I have a fire and the saws and parts are listed and a picture of everyone.
    Scott

4909 MAXX 3.3
    4910 MAXX 2.5

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to keep a record now of all my parts that i have and make an excel spread sheet of each truck as i build it.

I'm guessing its going to be easier or cheaper in the long run to build every truck from scratch.

I'll start tonight making spread sheets for each truck it will also make my ordering process faster.

RC Champion
    I'm going to keep a record now of all my parts that i have and make an excel spread sheet of each truck as i build it.

I'm guessing its going to be easier or cheaper in the long run to build every truck from scratch.

I'll start tonight making spread sheets for each truck it will also make my ordering process faster.
    Did you talk to your insurance about it yet?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I have a meeting on friday with insurance, I work 12 hour shifts at an oil site.

I've spent the night doing a spread sheet of 3 years from tower and ebay so far i'm up to $7983 in parts and thats not including shipping on a lot of parts on ebay. plus i have a few trucks and a bunch of parts to go on from the Hobby shop so RC stuff is going over $10,000

Yikes maybe i will slow down with the RC's this time. 1 FLM Emaxx, 1 Revo 3.3, 1 Merv, 1 STRC Slash 4x4, 1 Wifey RC

RC Champion
    I have a meeting on friday with insurance, I work 12 hour shifts at an oil site.

I've spent the night doing a spread sheet of 3 years from tower and ebay so far i'm up to $7983 in parts and thats not including shipping on a lot of parts on ebay. plus i have a few trucks and a bunch of parts to go on from the Hobby shop so RC stuff is going over $10,000

Yikes maybe i will slow down with the RC's this time. 1 FLM Emaxx, 1 Revo 3.3, 1 Merv, 1 STRC Slash 4x4, 1 Wifey RC
    Wow that is alot, good luck on friday hoping they will replace it for you.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Honestly, Id absolutely hate to loose all my stuff... but if I knew insurance would cover it, id love to start from scratch and do it all again the right way. Id do alot of things differently, some the same and some not at all.

I would certainly hate to loose my vintage collection though. No way to replace them. Ive often wondered how id react if my place was on fire. As long as my family is out... thats all that matters though.

Im not the least bit surprised at a $10 000 bill for your stuff. I know id be well over that if I had to replace everything. The scary part is how much MORE ive spend trying out different setups only to find I dont like them, then selling them for a loss... dang.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Well guys i'm meeting the insurance adjuster in a few hours. total bill comes in at 11050.69 for all my trucks and parts back until jan 2011. this don't include shipping on any ebay purchases.

RC Racer
    I had a huge garage fire 2 nights ago and everything is gone, all is left is ashes.

I have insurance of course but i have no idea of how to get all my RC's back.

I had a Full FLM Emaxx, STRC slach 4x4, Proline/STRC Slash 2wd, 2 Tmaxx one was stock the other was an OS big block, Mini summits and erevo, 1000's of spare parts, i think i had everytire pro line makes and at least 2 bodies for each truck, I had 3 full back up diffs for the emaxx, an extra motor esc for the slash, the list can go on and on.

I can't just say I have an Emaxx I don't want just the stock Emaxx I want what i had before the fire.
    Sorry to hear that, that totally sucks

RC Champion
    Well guys i'm meeting the insurance adjuster in a few hours. total bill comes in at 11050.69 for all my trucks and parts back until jan 2011. this don't include shipping on any ebay purchases.
    Good luck, hope things go your way.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Here is a few pictures i managed to get.

The all stock 3.3 was on the bottom shelf, My FLM Emaxx was on top shelf there is nothing left of it.

Salshes

Stored a lot of parts in here.

That's a total bummer. A friends house burned down a few years ago and it was devastating. Sorry for your loss.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Obviously, Im a FF and I have seen first hand how this effects someones life. I feel for ya brother. Keep your chin up
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Champion
    I'm kinda surprised the tires didn't melt or anything. The almost look usable atleast in the first pic they do.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    That makes me sad just looking at the pics... that stinks dude
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Competitor
    Couldn't imagine if that happened to my garage. So much more stuff in there than just RC things... stay strong man

RC Qualifier
    RC stuff was just a small portion I had thousands in tools ive got around 30 grande in tools and a 5500$ pedal bike

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Dude, I'm so sorry for your loss. Looking at those pictures almost makes me want to cry. Hang in there man.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

That honestly hurts to look at man. I think, if you can, keep those trucks somewhere. That revo is pretty impressive how it survived.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    insurance companys now days look on ebay to see what items are going for and pay off from what they find on ebay.
    a guy at the local track went thru this,(NOT FIRE RELATED) but lets say he did not get all of his cost back from the RC'S he lost i would say about 65% was replaced.

sorry about luck. be glad your house is did not catch fire and your family is safe.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowThunder View Post
    insurance companys now days look on ebay to see what items are going for and pay off from what they find on ebay.
    a guy at the local track went thru this,(NOT FIRE RELATED) but lets say he did not get all of his cost back from the RC'S he lost i would say about 65% was replaced.

sorry about luck. be glad your house is did not catch fire and your family is safe.
    I sure hope not, I want all the value of my RC's replaced i've got reciepts for like 90% of my RC stuff. I'm going to ask for $1000 now towards RC gear so i can finish this Revo. Its getting the Tekin 100% just saw my cousins Emaxx with 2250 tekin and wow its so smooth, quiet and 0 cogging! its a lot easier to wheelie as well