RC Competitor

Burned out 2 maybe 3 steering servos

I have installed the TQi Rx, Tx, and all the telemetry sensors on both my Slayer Pro and Summit. I got one good run out of each vehicle and then the steering servo on my Slayer Pro stopped working and the throttle was working fine. Then the next time I turned on the TQi Rx to run my Summit it would not power up (no light). I then linked (bind) the original TQ Rx to the Summit and I had throttle but when I tried to check the steering and all my lights flickered including the indicators on the Rx and EVX-2. I noticed that the left steering servo was getting hot so I shut everything down. I my have burned out one if not both of my steering servos. I cannot help but think that these two issues (the TQi Rx and steering servos) are linked. I was packing up my TQi but now I may also send all three servos along with it. Does anyone have the same issue or have an idea what is going on with the my situation?
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Chevy View Post
    I have installed the TQi Rx, Tx, and all the telemetry sensors on both my Slayer Pro and Summit. I got one good run out of each vehicle and then the steering servo on my Slayer Pro stopped working and the throttle was working fine. Then the next time I turned on the TQi Rx to run my Summit it would not power up (no light). I then linked (bind) the original TQ Rx to the Summit and I had throttle but when I tried to check the steering and all my lights flickered including the indicators on the Rx and EVX-2. I noticed that the left steering servo was getting hot so I shut everything down. I my have burned out one if not both of my steering servos. I cannot help but think that these two issues (the TQi Rx and steering servos) are linked. I was packing up my TQi but now I may also send all three servos along with it. Does anyone have the same issue or have an idea what is going on with the my situation?
    If you had correctly set your end points and that isn't why you burned out the servos, then I'd call Traxxas.

RC Competitor
    Everything is adjusted properly from when I used it with there original TQ system. I used it once and then the second run out they died. I then replaced the servo on the Slayer and it did the same thing. I ran one a half tanks and then that servo burned out also. I have 3 servos on order now. I haven't called Traxxas Support a second time yet. I need some help. LOL
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Chevy View Post
    Everything is adjusted properly from when I used it with there original TQ system. I used it once and then the second run out they died. I then replaced the servo on the Slayer and it did the same thing. I ran one a half tanks and then that servo burned out also. I have 3 servos on order now. I haven't called Traxxas Support a second time yet. I need some help. LOL
    I'd call em before you put in any of those new servos! Got to be a reason you're burning em out like that. I've got a Stamplede VXL 4X4 with 5.4" tires on it that I run on a short oval track and off road every day at least once, so it's constantly turning/powersliding/jumping. Still on the original servo and it will be a year old a week from now. Still works like new and haven't had to do a thing to it.

RC Competitor
    Well I called Traxxas Support and they told me to package up the TQi radio and all 3 servos and send it into them. They gave me a reference number and asked for a brief description of the problem. Thank goodness for APO it was only $12 to send from Riyadh. I hope they tell me what caused it or if I did something wrong, so I will not do it again.
    ROB: I have had my Slayer Pro and Summit for 14 months and only had to replace one servo on the Summit up until now. I will post small video of run with the Summit in the desert soon. I have had a lot of fun with both vehicles and currently using the TQi receiver with the original TQ radio until I hear from Traxxas Support. I got the bug for the telemetry information and can hardly wait for it to be back in operation. Thanks for the help.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4