RC poster

Old School Racer needs sticks for his Traxxas R\Cs

Hi All

I grew up on stick radio gear and I have just bought a Slash 4x4 VXL TQI and a Stampede 4x4 VXL TQI
    I have tried but I just can't get on with the wheel controller.

Can anyone recommend the best way to get these to be stick controlled?

I was wondering if there is a 2.4 stick transmitter out there that can be configured to work with the TQI Traxxas receiver?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    No... Traxxas only binds with Traxxas.

You would need the entire system... controller and receiver.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I think futaba has a stick model 2.4ghz google it.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There are TONS out there... all for planes and they will work for ground based as well.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I am pretty sure that futaba makes a 2.4 ghz 2 channel, could of swore I saw it on tower hobbies. Maybe not ill have to take a look.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    Futaba makes a 3 channel surface stick in 2.4ghz, kinda pricey though at 229, tower hobbies has them, they also have the coupon codes and easy pay google tower hobbies and have a look under radios. Hope this helps and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    There are TONS out there... all for planes and they will work for ground based as well.
    can you get them to work for ground? like having the throttle springs back to neutral? the air transmitters that i've seen don't spring back...

I use a stick also... because of hand impairment issues... i'd like to find another 2.4g option so i can upgrade.... the futuba is out of my range for sure..

I've also seen threads around about changing out the internals to switch to 2.4g... but i'm not that electrically inclined..

I recently bought an old traxxas 2 stick on ebay for $4 and $4 for shipping.... it was brand new and no issues bashing with the old AM radio.... still would be nice to have 2.4 someday...

RC Racer
    My local hobby shop owner modified a spektrum dx5 for me the other day. he turned it into a perfectly functioning 2 stick ground remote.
    $90 for the tx and rx combo..

RC Competitor
    To have a air non centering stick TX self center- all you have to do is switch the springs around inside so it self centers- the only part that sucks about air style TX's is the sticks can be moved in every direction SO you may wanna make a couple gates to tape on it so the sticks go were they should like below is for a Tamiya Highlift- (just make one that has up/down and another for left/right)

Just beware the Futaba RX may not fit in a waterproof RX box..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIBER-STICK-...item5d363d8aff