RC Competitor

2075 Servos have short power wire?

I finally received all the TQi telemetry sensors and installed the on my Summit and my Slayer Pro. I got exactly one and a half runs out of them and all 3 of my servos burnt out. So I ordered 3 servos of Ebay and when I received them the first thing I noticed was the wire was 3" shorter than the originals. Now my Summit left side steering servo is to short to reach the receiver for power. Are there two different 2075 type servos out there or am I missing something? Or did I not order the right thing?
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    You ordered the right thing. Now you just need a servo extension:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Litewire-M...item564dd29ef1
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    Here is a Pic.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    Just a guess on my part...but when they build a bunch of a particular RC, they probably order X number of servos with just the right amount of wire for that specific car. But when you order that servo as a replacement, you get a short wire...

A servo extension should do the trick.

RC Competitor
    Thanks Zippo.... but doesn't the take away from my water resistance now that I will have exposed connectors? Just a thought. I is also the way life is .... lol
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Chevy View Post
    doesn't the take away from my water resistance now that I will have exposed connectors?
    It should be fine (I think. ) But if it makes you feel better, you can get some waterproof tape:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FQZV4AodJGgALg

I see you're in Riyadh. How hard is it for you to get things for RC? Do you have a local hobby shop?
    Last edited by zippogeek; 03-05-2013 at 08:23 AM.

RC Champion
    I would tend to think they are traxxas knock offs.. the center gear looks to be a different color and the label looks to be in a slightly different spot.. Traxxas more than likely makes everything identical so they can be used in several different veh. otherwise that would be a added expense to them to have several of the same servos with slightly different specs

RC Champion
    can you simply swap the servos? put the one with the short wire on the right side near the receiver box?

I think that would fix the issue

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    can you simply swap the servos? put the one with the short wire on the right side near the receiver box?
    Why didn't I think of that?! I swear, if I can find a way to make anything more complicated, I'll do it...

RC Champion
    ^^^^^ "Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot"

RC Champion
    That signature is always a reference to myself!

RC Competitor
    I am sorry about the blurry picture. I took it with my iPod in very low light. The main camera is with my better half in the States. I do see a small difference in the screw heads but the casings are identical. I took the case off the old one and looked at the wire that is connected directly to the circuit board and I don't think I can be that good at soldering. However I could always splice in the 3 to 4" that I need and cover it will liquid tape.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post

I think that would fix the issue
    Both steering servos were burnt out in the Summit and also the steering servo on my Slayer Pro all at the same time.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Competitor
    I have called and talked with Traxxas Support and I set them my TQi Tx and all 3 servos. They asked me to send it in to them so only time will tell. The TQi Tx power light does not come on also.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    I see you're in Riyadh. How hard is it for you to get things for RC? Do you have a local hobby shop?
    Yes, there is a place called Land and Space here but they do there best. They are a good bunch of guys. Ebay, tower or I get the better half to go to Uncle Don Hobbies in CA and she mails things to me. So down time is only delayed by 10 to 14 days....
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    2075's have two different wire lengths from factory... one for the furthest spot away from the Rx box, one for the closest spot to the Rx box.

IMO there should be two different part numbers indicating the difference.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Ya that would be handy

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    2075's have two different wire lengths from factory... one for the furthest spot away from the Rx box, one for the closest spot to the Rx box.

IMO there should be two different part numbers indicating the difference.
    I know I would have appreciated knowing before hand, (order a part...wait 2 to 3 weeks) because someone decided to send the short one and not the long one. Of course it would be the long one that I need (Murphy's Law).
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    That is one of my few complaints about Traxxas... their part number system needs some work.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    ugh I'm a victim of the same issue. Ordered a new servo, waited a week, only to find they send me the short wire.

RC Qualifier
    with some of the more experienced chop shops on the bay you can specify/check before buying the 2075s.

RC Racer
    I just used a servo extension plug and it works just fine.

RC Competitor
    Update,
    I just got my TQi Tx and 3- 2075 steering servos (with long wire) back from Traxxas. I will attempt to link the TQi radio after I install the servos and will go out this weekend (weekend in Saudi Arabia= Thursday and Friday). Considering that I am using APO (Army) (packages get space available shipping) mail system to get things that was pretty quick turn around.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by 93 Chevy View Post
    Update,
    I just got my TQi Tx and 3- 2075 steering servos (with long wire) back from Traxxas. I will attempt to link the TQi radio after I install the servos and will go out this weekend (weekend in Saudi Arabia= Thursday and Friday). Considering that I am using APO (Army) (packages get space available shipping) mail system to get things that was pretty quick turn around.
    any issues just post here some one will help you
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    That is one of my few complaints about Traxxas... their part number system needs some work.
    Agreed, have you noticed the servo screws don't exist as a part #?

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.