RC poster

Anyone using Tekno RC Center or Rear driveshafts on the Rally?

Just wondering if anyone is using the Tekno RC TKR6855 center driveshaft or the TKR6852X rear driveshafts on the Rally? I have upgraded to the Castle MMP/3800 combo and want to upgrade the rest of the drivetrain.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    this is what i have http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-RC-M6-...item589c21c51d
    with combination of pro trac arms, xo-1 stub axles/ carriers.

can't say anything about the center drive but, i never heard anyone saying anything bad about it either.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEKNO-RC-Big...item53f4e754a6
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    I just installed one the other day, after bending 3 stock shafts. I only have about 4 runs on it but so far so good. Its design seems good, it can move in and out on either side in an impact. Each side has 2 washers that keep it from constantly moving, but would allow it to in a crash.

I got one for my build, yet to install...i've hit a snag on my build that is holding me up until I can sort out.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Got drive shaft sitting here for next time its apart, have one in the stampede and find its great
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Champion
    I've run the Tekno center shaft in my Castle 2400kv 4s powered Slash 4x4 and it is no showing any sign's of use yet. Cup's are still from factory looking beside's where a rock ground against it. I have one in my Rally as well and it is performing the same as the current one in my Slash 4x4. In my opinion it is a strong worthwhile upgrade over stock. Plus they look really cool.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Do3s running it on the Slash 4x4 count?? LOL I'm running both the Center Driveshaft and Axles on it and holding up to MMM 2650kv power with no issues.

Tekno F/R Axles

Tekno Center Bone

Sorry some of the pics aren't close ups. I need to update with some newer ones. I really like the Tekno upgrades and have had really good luck with them.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

hey DiggerPede, i wanted to ask you about the tekno 17mm hexes,
    1. how are the hex pin holding up for you?
    2. are they the same size hex pin as the stocker or the XO-1?
    3. are the stub axles hollow?
    thanks in advance. loving the arms too, what are they?

RC Champion
    I dont know about you guys, but when I installed my TEKNO center bone, I had to remove one spacing washer....2 rear, 1 front. It was too tight

I do love it for sure!

The hex pins have done a good job holding up to the 2650kv power. I think many guys are using the 2200kv on them too. I'm not sure if the pins fit the X0-1's. I looked and don't see the dai. of the pin on the Tekno site, unless I missed it. If you want I can put the digital gauge on them and let you know. The 6mm stubs are hollow to accept the grub that holds the axle pin/ 17mm hex together. All I know is that grub needs to be thread locked and hunkered down. Don't ask how I know. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    The hex pins have done a good job holding up to the 2650kv power. I think many guys are using the 2200kv on them too. I'm not sure if the pins fit the X0-1's. I looked and don't see the dai. of the pin on the Tekno site, unless I missed it. If you want I can put the digital gauge on them and let you know. The 6mm stubs are hollow to accept the grub that holds the axle pin/ 17mm hex together. All I know is that grub needs to be thread locked and hunkered down. Don't ask how I know. LOL
    cool, i'm going to use my rear tekno carriers with the 17mm conversion to go with it. at first i thought you drop the hex pin in place and at the end secure it with the grub screw, did'nt know the grub screw goes at the hollow stub. all in all the tekno 17mm conversion looks pretty solid to me

It has nice beefy 6mm axles too. Make sure you have the rubber o-ring on first, then slide the 17mm hex over the axle, slide the pin in, then bolt it down with the grub. Really nice. Here is a pic to describe it.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

will the rubber o-ring wear out? or is it just there to prevent the debris getting in between?

You slide the o-ring over the pin on the 17mm hex (where the groove is), like a placeholder. It shouldnt wear out, it's there to hold the pin just in case it were to come loose. If you dab a little bit of oil should keep it from dry rotting. Heck they are cheap. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Dude you just got me to thinking. Mine doesnt have those grooves. I went back to my pics to be sure and no they don't. Because I've had a pin come loose before. Kinda like the issues with the grubs on the MIP's, and some people use the 5145 Revo yolk pins in lieu of the 2 grubs. I've seen them use o-rings on them to to keep them from sliding out.

We'll I hope i'm right on the o-rings. Becasue that seems to be a new option from when I installed mine last year during my Desert Rat Slash 4x4 build.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

so the o-ring was for the latest one with the groove in it. judging by the look of the pin, it looks to me as its the same size as the xo-1. if you compare the pin with the stock one, is it bigger?

Yep its bigger. But you know how pics can add weight to ya. LOL j/k I have some stock pins that i'll snap pics next to the Tekno ones and take a measurement to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    this might be a dumb question but will only the tekno 17mm adapters work with the tekno drive shafts?

RC Champion
    yes due to the larger 6mm axle's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

The Tekno 17mm adapters come with upgraded 6mm axles like IED said. Very nice upgrade to the Tekno setup.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

i dont know what stoping me from pulling the trigger of getting those DiggerPede lol, i am soon to recieve my Tekno M6 cvd today.

RC poster
    Thanks for confirming guys. I love the axles, looks like I'll have to place an order for the 17mm adapters and some suprasales wheels/tires

RC Qualifier
    The Tekno 17mm axle adapters work just like real 1/8 scale axles. Only difference is the size. 1/8 scale have 8mm axles stubs and the Teknos are 6mm. As long as you use loctite on the grub screws you will never have a problem losing a pin. To this day I have never lost one and they are over a year old.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Here a few pics of mine.

Traxxas gone bye bye!

Yeah you shouldnt really loose a pin if you clean the grub and let the loctite set over nite. Then hunker down the next day.

I nearly lost one after a handful of runs because I didnt prep correctly there was oil on the grub. It does make a difference. The good thing with the o-ring if the pin does come loose that will keep it from flying off. Not a bad thing, more preventative.

Oh and its a good idea to make a round and tighten them just to be sure.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    So I now have both the XO-1 17mm hubs and the Teknos. The XO-1's are a couple mm more offset. I played around with them for a little while today and it looks like I can get 3 different offsets with them both. If I buy the XO-1 cv's I can get about 4 different offsets then.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

i just got an idea, i think i can use my RC solutions arms paired it with tekno protrac lenght dogbone and xo-1 stub axles with revo 17mm hexes, then i'm going to bore out the hexes so that i can put a retainer for wobble free. i have 3 pairs of them arms and one pair for some odd reason its shinnier than the other 2, one thing for sure though.....with aluminum arms you get less to nothing wobble free

RC Qualifier
    Or you could just use the magnesium TRCE protrac width arms and keep using your same setup and not have to worry about boring the revo hubs, but those things are a little pricey.
    Last edited by Sierravmax; 03-24-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Racer
    Does anyone know whether or not to get the tekno driveshaft for pede or slash to install in my rally? I thought the pede, slash and rally are pretty much interchangeable when it comes to driveline.

TRK6755 is for slash
    TRK6855 is for pede

Thanks

Joe
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

if your talking about the 2wd then, no. I accidentally bought the slash 2wd rear (TK1951X) and the bones are longer that you have to buy a pro trac length arm.

RC Racer
    No I was referring to the 4wd versions. I figured all the 4wd ones were based off the slash driveline and all. Given that a lot of parts are interchangeable.
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

RC Competitor
    got a center in my pede and it is awesome.