Monster Jams Mounted & Something No one has :)

Hey Guys,

Two part thread. First, I mounted my Monster Jam tires for the first time. When I go bashing, I throw down with Trenchers. However I went to a friends house,and in front of his place was extremly high traction roads. The more traction, the least on the tires is better. Prevent any flipping over. So I switched my tires, and adjusted the Ten T shocks in the rear a 1/4 inch, and bam. Perfect. No more roll overs!

Love it! My opinion on these. Great Tires indeed. Love the look, and really like how they drive. Not to mention, they are very useable Stock Tires...

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

2nd is this....Some of you guys may have seen it, recently on Prolines Website. Its been sitting there for a couple weeks, and been out of stock... Literally, the reason that this is up there, Is because of me. Back when Proline Announced the most recent Pede, and Rustler bodies, they had this in the background. They also sent one to major LHS who do X amount in capital each year. My local LHS was one of them. Being that up until very lately, I had spend a couple one to two hundred there, each week. They were inclinded to call Proline as request anouther, when I have said I wanted it.... Ive failed to share this with you guys, but I have actually had it since November.... I love the way it looks. Big ol Proline License plate.. lol.

And just to show, they gave me their employees ONLY shirts... They dont, and wont sell these. But again I got hooked up

I have one of their brand new shirts, but Cant locate it.. But ..

Their old shirts

A Proline Apron. lol

Big old Savox Banner...

Oh, and as for the car in the Pic. Thats my latest build. If you want to check it out, Visit this thread: Its done except for painting the body.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...oss-Build-!!-*

RC Champion
    those look pretty cool, but you should die the rims black.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    as for the pede it looks great i had one. i wouldent put that much money into something that flips over so much with little power....
    NO U CANT DRIVE MY SUMMIT!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Good job LooT. First off congrats and man you are a lucky dude to get the hookups like that. Saweeet!!

Did you get the MJ tires with or without the foams?? They sure look good with the pede. Btw wheres the lid shot?? LOL

Where did you get the idea on the lovely STRC/ Ten-T's???
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Two part thread. First, I mounted my Monster Jam tires for the first time. When I go bashing, I throw down with Trenchers. However I went to a friends house,and in front of his place was extremly high traction roads. The more traction, the least on the tires is better. Prevent any flipping over. So I switched my tires, and adjusted the Ten T shocks in the rear a 1/4 inch, and bam. Perfect. No more roll overs!

Love it! My opinion on these. Great Tires indeed. Love the look, and really like how they drive. Not to mention, they are very useable Stock Tires...

Where did you get that aluminum bulkhead?

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasdeathwish View Post
    as for the pede it looks great i had one. i wouldent put that much money into something that flips over so much with little power....
    ****. Im sorry my friend. Oh how times have changed.. My pede doesnt flip over very easily at all... And with MMP and Tekin Pro4. hehe... My pede is a monster. And when I loose traction when I mess up, it does a quick 180. Doesnt flip when I got the right tires, spring adjustment for the condition...

My pede dont flip

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Good job LooT. First off congrats and man you are a lucky dude to get the hookups like that. Saweeet!!

Did you get the MJ tires with or without the foams?? They sure look good with the pede. Btw wheres the lid shot?? LOL

Where did you get the idea on the lovely STRC/ Ten-T's???
    Thanks brotha man Fortunatly they are the ones WITH foams.. I snatched em up when I saw that. Really love how they drove.REALLY love how they drove.

The lid? lol... Its like pure duct tape. (not like the military one u got) LIke duct tape patches. Its so shot... I gotta post pics of that.. Its awesome...

As for the Ten T shocks... OH let me see, this guy with a really cool Monster Jam Grave digger truck And bunch of others. U may know him hint, its you!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    This is the stampede forum. This is where people who DO spend that much money on a stampede hang out. Were pretty protective of our trucks so I would tread lightly. hehe. Like has been said, with a few mods and adjustments, the pede is a very stable truck and can handle really well.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Its def a drivers vehicle... You gotta be a good driver, and learn how to get the most out of it. It is what it is, and if you cant learn how to tune and control it, its no wonder that your experience has not been satisfying. Give it a chance, drive it smart and respect its limitations.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I think the wide mode makes these trucks better to drive, especially for beginners who dont understand throttle control. So far out of my little bro, bro in law, little sisters, parents and nephews, only my 9yr old nephew understands squeezing the trigger, not mashing it like no tomorrow. Whenever i got out with the nephew and grandpa, its usually grandpa that i have to worry about running into me, heh.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    There arent to many vehicles out there I can't flip (roll). You take it fast enough it will roll on corning, and I can make it happen. Now the fun part of owning a pede is wheelies. A lot of newb go out and buy a pede and don't like its capabilities, but that is the major part of owning one. I started with a pede, I learned with a pede, and I still love driving my pede. It's my go to truck.

The way I look at it if you can learn control with this puppy you can drive almost anything.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Wrong quote
    Last edited by theant; 03-06-2013 at 07:59 AM.
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Champion

I enjoy spending money on upgrades for my pede, i enjoy working on my pede and most of all i enjoy driving my pede......this is what makes rc a HOBBY. Those of us who come to this forum to talk about our favourite pass time are all passionate about what we do. So lets try to keep our negative comments to ourselves!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Wrong place for bashing on Pede owners and their trucks!

Looks great man! For some reason, I really like the monster jam tires and wheels. They just look RIGHT. The red details look pretty cool too. Different from most others.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

You know I have to chime in on this one. Traxxasdeath, I completly understand your prespective, and views on this. I really do, because its the "norm" although it is incorrect. I will put up "my' pede against the top bashers out there. And on pavement, and light dirt, by pede will smoke a summit. That being said. It didn't come either cheap, or easy. There is a following here, of a handful of people, that have discovered what a p2de can REALLy do. Its not that we can't afford anouther RC, a Summit, or whatever. Because my Pede alone is over the price of the Summit, and I now have 3 Pedes that are fully upgraded, a Rustler that is over 1 grand, a fully moded Slash 4x4, and a 500 or something 1/16 Rally. Its that we know a little "secret" about these, and they become something else. My SLash 4x4 can out handle, and out brake my P2de 3x1. Not a comparison... Ive driven my Slash 4x4 once... it sits there and collects dust. My P2des, I drive almost every nice weather day, and have put over 100 packs through this year alone. Even the fellow spectators (kids in the hood) dont like seeing it NEARLY as much as my Main Pede. If you were to drive, one of the 2wd Pedes here, that was properly built and modded, you'd be amazed at what this truck can REALLY do, and would start your built ASAP.

Btw. True story... I rarely flip my truck. I dial in tires/spring adjustments for the pavement... and when I loose traction, I spin. I rarely flip...

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    those look pretty cool, but you should die the rims black.
    Ya, all my rims are black. These I just took out of the bag, and are ready to go... I have like 5 sets of tires waiting to be glued, was nice to have one ready to go ! I do have 2 sets of black Desperados, Chrome Desperados, RPM Revolvers, etc...

RC Qualifier
    I've gotta agree with Loot. 'Pedes are just a bunch of fun. They are far from the highest performance vehicle out there, but they have such a "charming personality" that they force you to burn just one more pack. Look at it this way- it's easy to jump the creek on a new KTM, while it's a lot more fun and impressive to do it on a minibike.

RC Competitor
    I don't know how and where you drive your truck, but I very seldom flip my Stampede VXL. I have lots of upgrades but I haven't installed many of them yet. I also run with 2S and 3 S LiPos, you just have to learn to control your turns. Even with the stock tires on concrete and asphalt I can do a controlled 180 without flipping. These trucks are fun once you learn how to control them. What other RC can you be running 30+ MPH down the road and then squeeze the trigger to full throttle and pop a wheelie! Now that's fun.
    MrTLV

Stampede VXL

RC Enthusiast
    I just bought a stampede vxl 2wd its my 1st hobby grade RC and I love it! I'm looking into upgrades now like better suspension and maybe even a new motor/esc combo as long as its waterproof like my vileneon 3500

oo... One more. Get this bad boy back on topic, even though I LOVED all the responses... So true. And MrTLV. Me too. Even when the bone stock Xl5 gets driven, also on high traction (bumpy) concrete, it doesnt flip. It does controlled 180s, just like you and I both said...

But back on topic, this is their latest, EMPLOYEE ONLY shirts..lol.. Employee only and Loot .lol. Spend thousands somewhere, get a free Tshirt or two. What a deal!!

Support your Local Hobby Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Pede_bashe_nube View Post
    I just bought a stampede vxl 2wd its my 1st hobby grade RC and I love it! I'm looking into upgrades now like better suspension and maybe even a new motor/esc combo as long as its waterproof like my vileneon 3500
    Awesome man. let us know how we can help. This forum is priceless. As for suspension. You will want to look into the Proline Protrac Kit. Other stuff, let us know And welcome!!!