RC Qualifier

front driveshaft delima

i just got my rear teknos and up here in michigan theres really icy, hard packed sno, i cood take one of my snowmobiles across it no prob, but anyway, i keep running into the built up sno along my drive way where dad snowblows it and my front rite stub keeps breaking, i think i hit the bank with my left tire and the rite stub broke 3xs, im about done with stock axles from now on, i only have 30 dollars to my name for prolly about the next month, so my question is: buy stub axles to get me thru a month and get teknos, or buy integy driveshafts http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBWNS i dont hate on integy, so im willing to give give it a try.what do you guys think?
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Champion
    If ifs the fronts just get stocks. The rear is really what needs upgrading, especially when jumping to a higher power motor.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    get the stocker, its cheap and save that money for later purchase like MIP or Tekno.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

+1 on what the guys have said the rears are the most important and stick with front stockers until you can afford the ones you want.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    i broke 3 of the stockers, one of those was so hard i bent the toe link so i think that was me.oooopppppsssss
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Racer
    You'll just keep breaking the stock fronts so why not just bite the bullet and upgrade.

And save cash in the long run so its win,win dude.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    You keep breaking front yokes? Sounds like an issue up there maybe?

RC Racer
    Mine did the same thing every time i went out. I finally waited till a warm day and boom they stopped breaking. It must have been the cold for me.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by atclauss View Post
    so my question is: buy stub axles to get me thru a month and get teknos, or buy integy driveshafts http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBWNS i dont hate on integy, so im willing to give give it a try.what do you guys think?
    If you already have Teknos in the rear, I'd wait til you have enough $$ & go for Teknos in the front as well. I'm not a big fan of Integy, especially when it's something as important as the drivetrain of your truck. I say go for quality, not just the bargain.

RC Champion
    Temperature definitely plays a role in plastics strength, especially the cold, it gets very brittle.