Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330

    Question Aluminum Hybrid Bulks

    I just ordered the FLM 10900 chassis and am wondering which of their bulkheads to buy. Has anyone tried the "hybrid" bulks? I don't mind paying the extra coin if they work as advertised and simplify my build.

    Opinions greatly appreciated...

    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM18750&cat=15
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    I take it you haven't seen my thread! http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...68352-new-maxx
    Hybrid bulks are the hot setup will bolt right up!
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-04-2013 at 04:20 PM.

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I take it you haven't seen my thread! http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...68352-new-maxx
    Hybrid bulks are the hot setup will bolt right up!
    Thanks 50...looks like that was a lot of work!

    Do you think I can get away with using my stock diffs and driveshafts? I basically just tool around and do light bashing...so I might just opt for FLM's regular bulks. I don't mind upgrading them if you think I should though...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    Lot of maxxers have good luck. If not bashing too hard or heavy tires you might be good.
    I just wish I would of jumped straight to the hybrid bulks. Would of saved me some dough

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Lot of maxxers have good luck. If not bashing too hard or heavy tires you might be good.
    I just wish I would of jumped straight to the hybrid bulks. Would of saved me some dough
    Thanks 50. Here's what I ended up buying, front and rear. Not sure what the difference is from the hybrids, but they were $10 less:

    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM10200&cat=15
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brookline, NH
    Posts
    1,206
    The difference is, The combo bulks are for stock diffs only. The hybrid bulks will accept stock or 1/8th scale diffs.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    The difference is, The combo bulks are for stock diffs only. The hybrid bulks will accept stock or 1/8th scale diffs.
    Thanks as always. I'm running the 40 Series Trenchers. Do you think I can get away with stock diffs and driveshafts? All I do is moderate bashing.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    With good driving habits! Have your mmp setup.properly maybe 40% punch 30% brake. Properly adjusted slipper clutch

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    With good driving habits! Have your mmp setup.properly maybe 40% punch 30% brake. Properly adjusted slipper clutch
    Sounds like a plan. Thanks again fellas!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •