Thread: Which rc car?

ericsch2010

Which rc car?

hello im new to the forum, i want a traxxas and im only 15 and i dont want to spend alot of money, i dont know if i should get a 2 wheel drive pede,rusty,or other -$250.00 or should i get a 1/16th summit, dont have a ton of money to send, my buddy atclauss has a neighbor whos selling a like new 2 wd pede for 150, help

RC Qualifier
    If your new to RC I think you should start with a 2wd because they are more simple but if your driving space is limited the minis are great compared to a bigger rc
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Champion
    That 2WD Pede might be a good deal. I'd check it out if you're on a budget...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    I have always loved traxxas 2wd vehicles. They use basically the same parts. They are easy to work on and if you like to tinker they can be changed into another vehicle relatively cheaply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Go check out the Pede and get some pics of it and post them here and we can tell you if its a good deal. I got a pede and I agree it really is a good starting car and tons of fun.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    the guy says he bought it for his wife, and its only been ran a few times, theres only like 5 scratches on the body, idk if its even had a good pack ran thru it, i have a question now, can a brushed car like that 2wd pede have a 2s lipo of mine ran thru it
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    I know that brushed systems will accept lipo, so it should work, but I would wait for someone else to say yes on that before you do it.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Champion
    Rustler xl-5!!!!! Best beginner's car ever. period
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    The blue waterproof escs that come stock on the pedes now can run 2s but the old yellow ones can not
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Racer
    My first truck was the stanpede xl-5, and it is a great beginner truck. also there are many upgrades out there for when you get board of stock

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by atclauss View Post
    the guy says he bought it for his wife, and its only been ran a few times, theres only like 5 scratches on the body, idk if its even had a good pack ran thru it, i have a question now, can a brushed car like that 2wd pede have a 2s lipo of mine ran thru it
    I'm running 2s on my sons pede with xl5 and a brushed 775. Just make sure the esc has lvc (low voltage cutoff)
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Qualifier
    IMO slash 2wd it's rtr, durable, 280$ max depending where you buy it, but not even in my opinion this is common sense, when it comes to this hobby there is no saying "I don't want to spend a lot of money", sorry but it just doesn't work like that unless you're just going to drive around a open lot with nothing to hit or jump, trust me I bought a 2wd brushed slash for 280$ brand new, now it's upgraded to brushless and lipo, even though I paid 280$ for it, it's not even 2months later from the day I purchased it and it's almost in the 800-900$ range
    Last edited by XRated; 03-04-2013 at 07:20 PM.

RC Competitor
    You can always get the stampede and later get a chassis and front skid and bellcranck and bad! U got a slash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2