RC Racer

E-MAXX VS E REVO for bashing (durablity)

Hi guys I am starting to throw the idea around at gettting anouther truck. I do mostly off road bashing and already have a good experences with my Stampede 4x4, hence why I am thinking the E-MaXX would be the next step up. However I read on a few reviews that the durablity is a question in bashing situations (bulkheads), and the E Revo is bulit stronger. I understand I would need to upgrade A-arms, axles but I dont to perform a massive breakdown of the kit every time I run as well. Yet I like fact of the higher stance the MAXX gives. What do you guys think is a better basher for , grass, dirt etc applications and will hold together?

thanks!

Andrew
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    The revo is stronger but it sounds like you are leaning towards the maxx...I prefer the maxx to the revo because of the looks and personal preference...but in the end you should make the decision for yourself and I think you will be happy with either truck
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have both and my daughter wouldn't trade the looks of the maxx with trencher's
    If you bash hard(like I do) it will need more stronger upgrades then the revo
    Had a few more weak spots then the revo but I have had to spend plenty on both to get them where I don't break every ride!

RC Enthusiast
    In stock form , the e-revo is tougher for sure . A-Arms of the e-maxx are not so bad, but you will need rpm shock towers , aluminum bulkheads + skid + chassis braces to have a reliable truck . Others may tells that only the bulks are necesary but then you may break the chassis . Both trucks are nice ( I have both ) two very good platform . It's a hard decision , trust me , I bought the E-Maxx this Christmas (had the same dilema as you) , upgraded it and built an E-Revo from scratch the past month .

Actually the E-Revo can have more ground clearance than the Maxx , but yeah I understand what you mean , I liked the E-Maxx stance to , it looks more like a truck with shocks on each corners .

RC Qualifier
    I would say e revo, but its up to you, you can make the e revo a monster truck very easy, just change bodies, or you can make it a street racer, ground clearance can be set pretty high on a revo, someone posted a photo of the maxx and revo next to each other and I pretty sure the revo had as much clearance as the maxx, it's all up to you though, good luck and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Last edited by 50togo; 03-04-2013 at 10:05 AM.

RC Racer
    This looks like a hard choice to say the least! Which of the two do you think is easier to work on and what are you getting for average run times?

thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With the right tools either isn't bad
    We use spc 5000 50c batteries good for over 45 minutes bashing in the mountains and some fun on the streets

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    With the right tools either isn't bad
    We use spc 5000 50c batteries good for over 45 minutes bashing in the mountains and some fun on the streets

50 I see you have both, which one do you perfer / enjoy more?

RC Champion
    my vote: Revo

RC Racer
    Red, You know a great deal about these machines why do you say the revo over the maxx?

RC Racer
    I vote both you can never have to many rc cars

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Both have differential-bulkheads issues, the chassis on the emaxx is another weak point, the erevo seems to be more durable because it is a lighter truck, but both need upgrades to make them stronger. I prefer the emaxx for bashing, and off-roading. I use the erevo for speed runs.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 03-04-2013 at 02:24 PM.

RC Champion
    this is one tough question. tomorrow i will have each. i already own a beast of a e-maxx that is upgraded for bashing. i will be getting a brushed e-revo than im going to convert over to brushless. tax time is here, and it is the only time i get to buy another rc.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Revo is over a pound lighter. Faster and handles better but the maxx can handle rougher terrain so comes down to where and how you bash!
    My daughter loved the maxx and took it over. Had diff problems on both of them did the 1/8 scale losi mod on the revo and flm hybrid bulkheads on the maxx. So both are pretty bulletproof now. If you bash hard only way to go on either one

RC Racer
    50, those flm hybrids are the top of the line it seems but 100 bucks a set is that correct?, are the traxxas one any good?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hybrids are 70 a piece or 90 each for the ultimate with the caster diff, they are bulletproof, no shim needed, will accept 1/8 diff.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Still need to shim them but no comparison! Stock type diff compared to 1/8 scale diff!
    I really like the hybrid bulkheads. I have more confidence in them then my losi mod on my revo!

RC Racer
    50, what 1/8th diff are you using ? the hybrids I found were only the sides, no internals?

edit: woops found the diffs they offer in the combo kit, is it worth getting the kit over the just bulkheads?

thanks!

one more question for all; do you guys find that you snap chassis alot? if so will the rpm bracing and supports prevent this?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-05-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: post merge

I like both...they are both good trucks.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    id get the e revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAD View Post
    50, what 1/8th diff are you using ? the hybrids I found were only the sides, no internals?

edit: woops found the diffs they offer in the combo kit, is it worth getting the kit over the just bulkheads?

thanks!
    I used ofna hyper 7 diffs. Ended up working out great!

The combo is cheaper if they have it in stock go for it!