RC Racer

Angry HELP! I keep striping the wheel hex and damaging the wheels

I keep doing this to my wheels and don't know why the first time I though because it was tighten I tighten too hard the nut but i bought some brand new wheels and I damaged it again! and this time it wasn't even tigten.

Why I can't post pics? Help with that too please?
    Last edited by subyhau; 04-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    The most common cause is the bolt coming loose. Though, one time I stripped the stock plastic hex and wheel hub when it wasn't loose. So I replaced them with the Traxxas aluminum wheel hex and have had no further problems.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    The most common cause is the bolt coming loose. Though, one time I stripped the stock plastic hex and wheel hub when it wasn't loose. So I replaced them with the Traxxas aluminum wheel hex and have had no further problems.
    So what you recommend me? How tight should the nut be? I'ts the second time that this happens and I bought the JConcepts G locs tires with rims pre-glued and it happened again and they are new wheels arghh...

You bought the Traxxas aluminium wheel hex part #1654X? After buying them you haven't had any problem? I'm gonna buy the g locs again and those aluminum wheel hex..

RC Racer
    I'm going to unglue my g locs that came pre glued, it is a good way to un-glue them using boiling water?

RC Qualifier
    Yea, that's the right part# and no I haven't had any more wheel stripping problems. Every now and then I have the nut come loose but A little blue locktight will help prevent that, or maybe upgrade to the 4147X wheel nuts, they don't come loose as easily. Some people boil their tires and some soak them in acetone. I just cut them off with A razor knife, but I wouldn't recommend that to everybody as you can mess up your tires pretty fast if your not careful. I've had A razor knife in my hand all day every day for 30 years while at work installing carpet, so I have A bit of an advantage with them.