Thread: e-revo or not?

RC Racer

e-revo or not?

Hello i was just wonder if i should get the e-revo or the E-maxx

RC Champion
    which ever one you buy. remember they are made out of plastic. if you severally abuse it. it will break real easy. with that said. i dont have a real answer. but what ever breaks. there is a more durable upgrade. the e-revo is a totally different platform compared to a e-maxx. many go the e-maxx for the classic look. then many go the e-revo for the racing look. i have the e-maxx, and it is a torque monster with my hobbywing combo. the mamba monster is crazy fast in either truck. i also just bought a brushed e-revo for a build. so ill have both. lol. no matter what you buy. have fun. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    which ever one you buy. remember they are made out of plastic. if you severally abuse it. it will break real easy. with that said. i dont have a real answer. but what ever breaks. there is a more durable upgrade.
    +1 this guy! ^^^ I LOVE my E-Maxx Brushless. But it has been somewhat fragile for me as of late. I don't bash THAT hard, but I needed new shock towers, new tires (the stock tires are way too soft, they balloon even on 4S), and new A-arms. Now, it's my chassis that has a big crack. Meanwhile, my Slash 4x4 and 1/10 Rally -- both bone stock -- have been lights-out in terms of durability. Just be ready for upgrades, whichever you decide on...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunamonkey View Post
    Hello i was just wonder if i should get the e-revo or the E-maxx
    I would say the E-Revo its stronger in box stock form (will still need hop-ups) has better handling and suspension. Just my .02$. You can also watch Jang from URC's review of the E-Maxx and see why I'm not a big fan. If money allows I would get a E-Revo Brushless Edition. I just recently got one used but practically new for $600 with all the necessary upgrades. All parts are new except the skid plates and bumpers! Anyways sorry for rambling on I say get an E-Revo. From what I heard you would be dumping alot more money into a E-Maxx than a E-Revo (unless you run your revo hard on 6s).
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

that is an easy one....Revo.....
    I had two BL E Maxx sold both tired of breaking parts...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    My LHS has many models on display, usually including an E-Maxx and E-Revo. If yours does, go look at them in person.

I have never driven a ERBE, but I have an EMBE and love it. I've been jumping it between 4-6 feet in the air off snow/ice ramps and have only had problems with diffs (which both trucks have issues with)
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

OP are you still look'n for a truck??

Revo

post 241
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5303130
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I have 4 revo's 2.5/3.3's and an Erevo mamba and Tmaxx, no Emaxx...

from expereince the Revo is more durable over the Tmaxx and the Erbe chassis but a stock erevo chassis or the Emaxx im unsure of in terms of durability as I have not ran an emaxx..

a Revo 3.3 extended chassis brushless conversion or a metal erevo chassis would be more durable over plastic erevo chassis, giving the best of both worlds but I have not done it...

RC Competitor
    I have the erevo My gf has the emaxx.

-The emaxx has broken the center driveshaft and shock caps.
    -The stock shocks and springs that came with it really suck. It was soft and low to the ground. So we replaced them with $60 big bore shocks and new springs. Now the suspension is good and stiff.

-The erevo is older and has been more "abused" and I have yet to break anything.
    -The stock shocks on it are awesome and durable.

* I got the e-revo instead of the e-maxx because I liked the suspension design aot better. It seemed more durable and more adjustable. I can make the e-revo low to the floor or even higher then the emaxx like a summit. And the price difference is negligible when you consider that you get a set of good shocks.

Blue e revo
    pink e maxx
    Traxxas ERevo 5603 - 14.4 Dewalt -

RC Qualifier
    ^^^i see something you have broken on your revo
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Qualifier
    Thats the rear wing, can't you see?

RC Champion
    Nice looking bodys except the damage. :P I was thinking about a silverado body and now there is no question in my mine that that is my next body. Got a brand new summit body currently though.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Competitor
    @ eschmitt4 : Other than the body hahaha

@Wesley: I removed the wing and replaced it with a summit bumper.

@Fr8: Thanks man. They are great bodies! Except if you flip over alot like me well, you can see the damage to the bed area lol
    Traxxas ERevo 5603 - 14.4 Dewalt -

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    get hem both, they are great.

RC Competitor
    Yep - both would be the choise
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Enthusiast
    Erevo vs e-maxx thats a easy awnser.first are you bashing most of the time or racing most of the time? If you bash and do some high speed runs or like to race sometimes with a friend on dirt,go with the emaxx.if you just like to race and bash a little then erevo.but heres something thats cheaper and better than both of them(if you need one for bashing) its called hpi savage flux hp.Its got more durabilety than a emaxx because it has metal gears and some better suspension.I was having the same problem you do deciding witch is better.I bash most of the time,jump,some highspeed runs.i was going to buy the emaxx but i found the hpi savage flux hp.The savage is so much more durable than both erevo and emaxx its got the same motor and engine.Just cheaper but same thing with emaxx and erevo you gotta buy batteries(2s or 3s) but it still is cheaper than buying a erevo or emaxx that comes with batteries and a charger.

RC Champion
    REVO! I have driven both and worked on both......

....Basically, the REVO is AWESOME! Tough as nails and you dont have to put aluminum all over it to keep it from breaking

RC Competitor
    I have ERBE myself, and I'm very satisfied with it
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Champion
    I'm guessing he is no longer watching this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by NickSSmoovE View Post
    Erevo vs e-maxx thats a easy awnser.first are you bashing most of the time or racing most of the time? If you bash and do some high speed runs or like to race sometimes with a friend on dirt,go with the emaxx.if you just like to race and bash a little then erevo.but heres something thats cheaper and better than both of them(if you need one for bashing) its called hpi savage flux hp.Its got more durabilety than a emaxx because it has metal gears and some better suspension.I was having the same problem you do deciding witch is better.I bash most of the time,jump,some highspeed runs.i was going to buy the emaxx but i found the hpi savage flux hp.The savage is so much more durable than both erevo and emaxx its got the same motor and engine.Just cheaper but same thing with emaxx and erevo you gotta buy batteries(2s or 3s) but it still is cheaper than buying a erevo or emaxx that comes with batteries and a charger.
    Lol good job recommending something non-traxxas on the traxxas forum. Also the Savage flux is not any cheaper than the other two.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2