Thread: 3.3 major pain

RC poster

Unhappy 3.3 major pain

I started my break in colder then it should have been but I did wrap the head with aluminum foil. I had a lot of issues with the motor being super tight so hear come a little . And that work flawlessly the easy start had no issue cracking the motor over now ps I added some to the fuel as a precaution. I had ran about 6 1/2 ranks through it and it was screaming I had it running a little rich as it was cold out. Some I finished up that last tank pinched the fuel line and went to bed. The nect morning it would not start at all after some investigating I found the issue to be the carburetor. I called my hobby store and he recommended I blow air threw the blow by line in the exhaust nothing the carb wasn't getting gas so it was plugged . Lucky I had a brain fart and used my filler bootle as a air pump and 20 mins latter it was flowing like new. And then I flowed the engine no shocker there and I pulled my glow plug out and lost the gasket. I let all the fuel run out blew out the fuel line and purged the tank and now I have to what until Tuesday for the hobby shop to be open. I hope this jato 3.3 is worth because its starting to edit me off I like traxxas a hole lot but this is really getting to me I hope my luck turn when I get a new plug and gasket and she fires up any thoughts guys did u have similar issues?
    Last edited by Double G; 03-03-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: language

RC Racer
    I'm sure that plenty of us here have had the same types of issues. I'll happily admit that I have. One thing to remember about nitro engines is PATIENCE. Before you get frustrated with it. There's probably a logical explanation. There are plenty of people on here willing to walk you through with your problem/issues. There's also YouTube. I have found myself getting frustrated too so I just walk away from it for a while and think about the problem and come back to it later. I will admit that right now... my problem is finding that perfect tune and keeping my engine temps at a optimal consistent running temp. I am a lil embarrassed because I have been in this hobby for 5 years and I should be able to do this in my sleep by now...lol.
    Traxxas Nitro Sport w/ TRX 3.3 Racing Engine

RC poster
    Yeah thank bud I have her running good now I had some issue where it was running lean down low and stalling at idle so after a couple of tanks in the freezing cold I might have u I rich both Lsn and Hsn and that solved that problem