Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I fried my MMM ESC driving through wet grass...be careful!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I ran it again now i'm letting it dry in the sun before I take the shroud off to see if its just splashing off the shroud when I take it off. I was trying to hydroplane across the "lake" in my driveway. Didn't do very well. I'm having another problem now. Not a big deal but my light bar keeps getting unplugged.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Okay so I took off the outerwears and there was no water in the back of the chassis but there was up front and I believe that's due to the holes in the chassis and that the servo cover isn't a perfect fit. They really need to release a servo cover for the e-revo. Heres how it site now, I just fixed the front shocks the front skid was slapping the ground off ever wheelie. Checked out the shocks seemed low on oil and it was covered in oil so cleaned that up and also tighted the springs more.

ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Hey Fr8cture I see you running the proline trencher x's. do you have them taped or were the premounted? Do they balloon pretty bad?
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    Hey Fr8cture I see you running the proline trencher x's. do you have them taped or were the premounted? Do they balloon pretty bad?
    They we're pre mounted and came with the truck. I haven't noticed ballooning yet but I haven't gotten a chance to get to a high enough speed. As you can see in a few posts back my driveway is a lake and my yard is still filled with snow.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    I'm about done with this truck. ESC won't turn on fully charged battery's. I'm guessing its fried. I don't have any money. I would need to sell the truck to get a new ESC...
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thats a bummer. Did it get wet?

RC Qualifier
    Man that's no good right when you got it running to

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Champion
    I have no idea but I'm about to post it in the MP...
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Aaah don't give up! You just got your new parts on . Cant you buy a MM off the market place instead of offering your revo? And you should contact castle!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Aaah don't give up! You just got your new parts on . Cant you buy a MM off the market place instead of offering your revo? And you should contact castle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    I don't have any money. I would need to sell the truck to get a new ESC...
    This, also just sent castle an email but im sure they are just gonna tell me to send it in for repair for $70 I don't have.
    Last edited by Fr8cture; 03-31-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Don't give up fr8cture!! I know it's frustrating, but I think you will regret getting rid of it. Do you have any other rc's to get rid of?
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Champion
    I have others nothing I want to get rid of or are worth it.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Put it on a shelf until the funds are available then pull it out. Just don't sell it

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Racer
    I'm about done with this truck. ESC won't turn on fully charged battery's. I'm guessing its fried. I don't have any money. I would need to sell the truck to get a new ESC...
    Don't spit the dummy & give up mate!
    First thing I thought of when you said the ESC won't turn on is the switch! The are known to be dodgey! Mine didn't turn on all the time! Took the two screws that hold the switch on out and pulled apart the switch. Had dust & sand in there. Clean it all up, bent the metal switching bar a little to ensure better contact & put it back together! Works a treat and only took 5 mins. Give it a go before even considering that it could be your ESC.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    I bought mine separate & taped & glued them myself! They definitely balloon a lot without tape - one of mine came untaped & ballooned whilst the others were fine so I re-taped it.

RC Champion
    how do i take apart the switch? I already have it unscrewed. Even if it was the switch wouldn't it turn on one of the million times i tried it?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    You have to use a small flathead screwdriver and push in the tabs on the switch, then push from the other side to get the casing out. Then you should see the switch and a thin metal plate bent so that when the switch is moved from side to side it either contacts or it doesn't (on or off). Clean it up, maybe a little emery, bend that metal plate a little if necessary and put it back together.

RC Champion
    Wait is the silver plate supposed to stick out the bottom of the switch? Also 1000th post.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    1000 posts - congrats

The metal piece you can see coming out the bottom will need to be "manipulated" to allow you to get the switch open - you kind of have to bend it so that it can slide through the hole.

RC Champion
    I got it open and all I did was clear some dirt off the top of the switch didn't have to take the metal plate off and now it works
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    The ESC turns on??

RC Champion
    Yeep gonna go run it now. brb, been dying all day to run it.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    You're welcome

RC Champion
    Well that didn't last long, one of my rear driveshafts fell off, I have no idea where it is but its pitch dark out. Time to go search... Found the half shaft but didn't find the grub screw. Also thanks.
    Last edited by Fr8cture; 03-31-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The switch usually goes bad sooner or later. I always left it On, just unplug the batts, or you can removed it completely, soldering both ends.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 03-31-2013 at 08:45 PM.

RC Champion
    Can't you just strip some of the wire sleeving and twist the wires together and them electrical tape it?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It might work, but those are thin wires, a bit of solder will prevent from getting loose.

RC Champion
    Eh, I won't worry about it until the time comes, if my esc lasts.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Can't you just strip some of the wire sleeving and twist the wires together and them electrical tape it?
    yes...it would also be a good idea to hit the wire with a little solder to ensure a good joint. the mm switches have always been weak. mine broke the first week I had it and 2 years later the esc is still going strong.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    yes...it would also be a good idea to hit the wire with a little solder to ensure a good joint. the mm switches have always been weak. mine broke the first week I had it and 2 years later the esc is still going strong.
    Are the MM2 switch's weak too?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Are the MM2 switch's weak too?
    yes...but it doesn't really matter. castle has said that cutting the switch doesn't void the warranty.. you can either solder the wires together or mount a new switch. I've always just joined the 2 wires.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have done that to my mamba max pros on my mervs. Still not used to it powering up as soon as I plug the batteries in! A nice hd switch would be nice

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    yes...but it doesn't really matter. castle has said that cutting the switch doesn't void the warranty.. you can either solder the wires together or mount a new switch. I've always just joined the 2 wires.
    If it comes to that I will do it but I'm not worried about it right now. Earlier today I was almost thinking about doing that but then I was like it can't be the switch but I guess it was.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

If it comes to that I will do it but I'm not worried about it right now. Earlier today I was almost thinking about doing that but then I was like it can't be the switch but I guess it was.
    I've owned probably 25-30 monster mamba escs going back to my e-jato and rustler days...i'd say 20 of the switches have failed at some point. it's the only weak point of the castle systems I've ever found.

EDIT...even before the sidewinder and the mamba max pro and the monster mamba was the first esc they had..the mamba max...their switches were weak too. people have been bypassing the switches for years, it's just a lot of the old vets don't post here anymore.
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 04-01-2013 at 12:07 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Donr forget the weak bec!

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Donr forget the weak bec!
    it's never been my experience. the monster mamba has been able to handle any servo I've ever thrown at it. however, you're right about the mamba max pro..if you run a HV servo, you do need a bec..but I don't see that as a weakness...there's a ton of adjustability in the external bec imo that you can't get in the castle link programming for the mmp.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a video of my savox 1231 on my maxx thread doing a mean brown out. It is a known problem on the mamba monster

RC Champion
    I wish I had the newer MMM so I could put the BEC to 6v to get more out of my servo.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I have a video of my savox 1231 on my maxx thread doing a mean brown out. It is a known problem on the mamba monster
    I guess you learn something new everyday. I've never heard that before. but then again, the strongest servo I've ever had in my revo was a hobbico cs-170.dang...