Hybrid View

RC poster

Emaxx Brushless questions

Greetings,
    I am new to the RC world...figured I would start with the best and purchased a used Emaxx brushless from a friend. Have been running it stock for a while and ready to upgrade- I have a few questions.
    1. What is the best Lipo battery for this rig...looking for a good mix between runtime and speed. (Not looking to go 70mph...but 50-55 and good run time is great.)
    2. Stock tires / wheels have started to wobble. I have taken all the tires off and looked at the hubs and they DO NOT seem to have any run out- these I feel the wobble is all in the tires or rims. What replacement is recommended?

Thanks
    Allan

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    1. What is the best Lipo battery for this rig...looking for a good mix between runtime and speed. (Not looking to go 70mph...but 50-55 and good run time is great.)
    2. Stock tires / wheels have started to wobble. I have taken all the tires off and looked at the hubs and they DO NOT seem to have any run out- these I feel the wobble is all in the tires or rims. What replacement is recommended?
    Speeds in the 50-55 range require a 3S battery and fairly tall gearing (larger pinion). But understand that when you make these changes, we frequently start blowing out stock parts (tires, driveshafts, spur gears, slipper clutch, etc.) Upgrades can get expensive FAST.

The larger the mah of the battery, the longer your run times. I recommend a decent 2S battery (I run the Onyx 25C 5700 2S). That gets me a consistent 30 minutes.

As far as tires: I just upgraded to Axial 3.8 Monster Truck beadlock rims with ProLine 40 Series Trenchers. They're phenomenal. No ballooning whatsoever and they hook up beautifully on any terrain.

Welcome to the forums!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC poster
    Thanks for the great info...do you have an online vendor you suggest for ordering?

Also... with the Onyx 25C 5700 2S- what type of speed are you getting...if your unit is stock- otherwise I realize that is only part of the question to ask.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-03-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: post merge

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    Also... with the Onyx 25C 5700 2S- what type of speed are you getting...if your unit is stock- otherwise I realize that is only part of the question to ask.
    ~40 MPH, but I'm running the stock pinion and larger than stock tires.

Price on these is PER PAIR; order 2 pairs of each:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Fr-...item27cf89f468

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Black-Chrome-2

DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN THE BEADLOCK SCREWS (DAMHIK -- Don't Ask Me How I Know)

They're not cheap, but they're worth it!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    4s will get you around 45mph, also you can run 5s (2s,3s). I run 4s 20/65, and it hauls. I suggest trenchers X, or Mashers on desperados. My lipos are gens ace 2s 5000mah 50c.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Spc are great batteries http://spcracing.com/index.php?categoryID=13
    I.run their 5400 50c 2s and 3s batteries so I can run 4s,5s and 6s but 4s is plenty powerful with the right tires and gearing
    I have trencher x's on mine but they are hard on the diffs. Check into shimming your diffs helps make them handle a little more abuse http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Diff-Shim-Mod
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks everyone-