RC Racer

summit fpv first try vid!!!!

let me know what u think..
    NO U CANT DRIVE MY SUMMIT!

RC Qualifier
    lookin good

RC Competitor
    nice I was like oh crap, big rock big, rock, but then I remembered this was a summit & thought nope just a bump in the road. lol
    Don't take it out unless your going to use it.

RC Champion
    That cages looks awesome!

Two things, and at the risk of sounding rude or condescending (which I do NOT intend) I have to say:

What you have is called, "On-board video" not FPV as fpv is reserved for real-time driving through the first person view.
    Also, I could be wrong but have you adjusted your gear mesh? It sounds slightly tight, if you haven't adjusted it I suggest doing so to see if you can quieten it up tad, it will help keep temps down when it gets hot out!

I'm assuming that's a gopro, you gotta put the case on that thing and drive through some streams!! Looking forward to more vids of this, again I love the look of that cage! =)

RC Racer
    Yes i have to do some adjusting on my gear mesh. i havent got anywhere near hot. yes but it is 30 out these days.
    As for the go pro thing lol.. i hate the go pro i have a nikon aw100!!! its waterproof up to 33 feet. shock/drop proof to 5 feet and freeze proof to maybe -14 c lol so its all good. i love it. only prob is my lipo alarms are not anything proof so i have to wrap them. and i will post as OBV u make sence on that point lol thanks.

RC Racer

RC Champion
    Haha yeah after I posted about gopro I realized, the mic was WAY too good to be a gopro! And the field of view is fantastic, very natural! Awesome stuff man..

That second vid, the mesh sounds far better... has it changed? Maybe I'm no so tired this morning haha!

RC Racer
    no havent changedthe mesh have to remove roll cage and little time from work ill just run it for now heres some vids from today tho..

RC Racer
    i run this guy over constantley!!! hes also running 3s

RC Racer
    watch all my vids in hd! i found these jumps in someones trash yesterday couldent turn them down!!!! enjoy more vids monday!!

RC poster
    Can u put a pic of your summit? I am very courios how that cage looks and how did u mount the camera.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    NOTE>> this is not the proper way to mount a 300$ camera. but... it works till i find a better way. because the camera wont fit under the roll cage
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    Very Cool. THX for the photos. What cage is that?

RC Qualifier
    Cool vids! Really liked the first one on the rocks. Try to imagine myself in a full size vehicle tackling those objects. lol Just wouldn't happen.

RC Racer
    thanks its a integy type lll for the summit i dont like it to much but it works for now. all others were backordered... ill post more vids if it ever stops raining in delaware.

RC Qualifier
    Nice videos man, I love the high def!

I was gunna do an onboard video tonight I think, if I can rig the summit up again

and you should get out there, make another video it's waterproof
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Racer
    lol that is true the nikon aw100 and summit are waterproof i just dont feel like cleaning up after it all but maybe ill make a vid in the house see if i can pull my kitchen table or climb some furniture. lol calling for snow tomarrow maybe even some 1080p in car donuts? tempting

RC Qualifier
    I love when watching your onboard videos you can see the geometry of the suspension moving around
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Racer
    i have been trying to mount more in car. but.... traxxas dident leave me any room for a full size "pocket" camera. wont fit on the tranns and i zip tied the motor leads to the chassis still not enough room. nikon says its good for a 5-6 foot drop. but... a 20 mph crash with multaple flips it just shuts it self off and dosent save the video.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=traxxasdeathwish;5444519]a 20 mph crash with multaple flips it just shuts it self off and dosent save the video.[/Q
    UOTE]

Is there anyway you can make something to protect the camera?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Traxxasdeathwish; That camera has a threaded hole in the bottom to attach to a tripod or what not, have you thought about using that to make a mount for your truck?
    I basically have the same camera but mine is a Panasonic Lumix which has all the same specs as yours and does have the hole in the bottom. Thanks for the idea on a new way to use my camera
    Videos are cool from a drivers perspective like that!
    Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Qualifier
    cool video's!! makes me want a summit. i have a mini but it doesn't do what that does!
    addicted much....

RC Racer
    i have tryed to build a aluminum box from the same stuff on the side panels. fail... then i have 4 camera tripods. i removed the legs from one and used a bolt bearings and 2 body washers to mount the camers to the car. fail... when tightned all the way it still wiggles and moves a little the zip ties worked the best so far. by far but when it flipped multaple times i think the large part on the zip tie pushed against the lcd screen now i have a tiny green mark on the screen it wont show up in vids but i have made 1 payment on the camera and it cost me 240 so...