RC Racer

how do I hook up a cc bec?

What battery do I hook the cc bec on my evx-2? I cant figgar out witch side the intrenal bec is on. Thanks
    My posts and summit are a hazard to your health

RC Qualifier
    aren't those cords a tad too short?

I think it's the side with the warning sticker on it if you didn't take it off
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Ignore the second receiver, but these drawing should help:

Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Here is the thread I started for help on installing my BEC. Hopefully this will help you like it helped me get my install done.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...C-install-Help

RC Racer
    Thanks jimmy and sactown. This fourm is awsome. Like a idot I riped my tag off and am not much for taking pictures so ill try the one battery at a time and see what happens. Has anyone put there cc bec in the traxxas waterproof rx box? castles paper work said keep it far away, I just wqnt it in a box.

RC Racer
    Oh if I use it to power my rx like castle shows, can I run 7.4v though my stock traxxas rx and lil shifting servos,and lights? Or do, I need to stay at 6v?

RC Champion
    The stock Traxxas servos already like to strip themselves out under big stress, so putting 25% more power to them isn't a good idea!

RC Racer
    Even just the 2065 shifting servos? I picked up a red radiopost to handle the steering. I have problem in the bec of the evx-2 I think and have been told. Traxxas said to send it back. Iam stuborn and wont pay to ship it back or be without my summit. So iam adding the cc bec as a bandaid for the esc and a helper for the new radiopost servo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I am not sure the Rx is rated for that kind of power... nor those wee lil servos.

Also, don't just hook up one battery hoping that is the BEC side... if the wrong side is hooked up you will be out the rest of your ESC.

If you hook both up and power up the system... then unplug one battery and everything shuts down, that is the non BEC side. If everything stays up but the motor, that is the BEC side. Also, the BEC side battery will allow the ESC to flicker on but not stay on.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Yeah thanks jimmy. Lots of ppl said to make shure its on the bec side. Hooked it up last nite now I just gotta get it from 5.1 to 6v