Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just a slight flat spot is needed
    Ok, good to know. Do you have a picture showing how much? Thanks!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

YA!!! The motor came in the mail today! Hmmm, I wonder what color I should paint it...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    YA!!! The motor came in the mail today! Hmmm, I wonder what color I should paint it...
    DeWalt yellow of course!
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

DeWalt yellow of course!
    Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if that would go with the green body, blue servos, red springs, and the gray chassis...

I suppose you're too young to remember the Partridge Family bus.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I suppose you're too young to remember the Partridge Family bus.
    Ya....

Anyway, all has been going good so far. I just got the pinion off of the DeWalt, and a nice flat spot ground on to the shaft. I also got the motor mount dremeled too. I just finished polishing the motor can, and I put on a nice coat of clear paint on it, because I couldn't decide on what color it should be. I'll post pictures when I finish.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 04-28-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Well, now I have a problem. I've got the motor mounted, but the pinion and spur gear mesh is WAY off. I tried putting a spacer between the motor and motor mount, but it's too thin, and the mesh is off. I've tried flipping the pinion around too, but it's hard to get it right with out any rubbing or binding. Could you guys please post how you have your motor mounted and the pinion set up? I'd like to see how every one else solved their problems. Thanks!

RC Champion
    I think it might be the pinion length, I have mine on reversed with the screw on the edge of the shaft. If the screw was nearer the edge of the pinion it wouldn't work on any way. I can't find the pics of mine.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

Put a bigger spacer then... the grub screw needs to be toward the motor (at least in my case). Away from the motor did not leave a whole lot for the grub to bite into.

Ok, I got it all figured out. I just dremeled 2 nice a large washers to fit. Now the spur/pinion mesh is 100% PERFECT!! I just got the tabs on the motor too, so I'm hoping to get this thing running tomorrow!

RC Champion
    Ok, I got it all figured out. I just dremeled 2 nice a large washers to fit. Now the spur/pinion mesh is 100% PERFECT!! I just got the tabs on the motor too, so I'm hoping to get this thing running tomorrow!
    Congrats. Post some pics of how you did it before its all installed!

Congrats. Post some pics of how you did it before its all installed!
    Ok, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get home...

Ok, here's the verdict. I love it! At first, I didn't really notice a difference, until I finished breaking it in. Then I floored it, and WOW. The amount of torque it has is INSANE! I broke the motor in by driving around on pavement in first gear at full speed. Then I did high speed passes (for a Summit) to finish the break in, with 17/68 gearing. I recommend the DeWalt mod to anyone who is looking for more power and speed. Any way, here is some pictures.

Here is the motor wires.

Here you can see the two washers I used for a motor mount spacer. I like how well they fit.

I spent over 4 hours try to get these to fit. I had to dremel the connector, wires, and the soder to get it to fit!

The finished install!

RC Qualifier
    Very nice job Wolf Considering Im going to keep my Dewalt Im going to neaten it up with the TRX Connector, nice coat of paint.. I might actually do yellow like someone suggested haha
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    You said you had to dremel the connector. That was with 12ga wire, right? Wonder if a TRX connector is even possible with 10ga? I'll see eventually.

RC Qualifier
    Nice job, I see a dewalt in my future after my stock, then replacement 775. Maybe I`ll just skip the new 775 in the bag and go straight to the Dewalt?

Id be sticking dewalt stickers on my truck before id be putting traxxas stickers on my dewalt LoL
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

I got twin 12 gauge in without any Dremel work on the connector... I have even gotten 8 gauge into a Traxxas connector without any Dremel work.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I got twin 12 gauge in without any Dremel work on the connector... I have even gotten 8 gauge into a Traxxas connector without any Dremel work.
    Thanks, Jimmie. That's good to know. What were you putting 8 ga on? Your mobile power center?

The battery for my MT4G3 came with 8 gauge on it... 5S 5000mAh 40C.

Ya, the 12 gauge fit perfect. It was the two strands of 14 gauge that gave me issues.

RC Qualifier
    How hard was this to do? Because I would like to do it and being a low quality electrician I don't want to mess it up But I guess there's a first time for everything
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

It was hard for some things, easy for others. I'll rank it from 1 to 10 for difficulty level, 1 being easy, 10 being hard.

Getting the motor: 2

Waiting 8 days for shipping: 10

Dremeling the pinion off: 5

Dremeling the motor mount: 8, Because it was hard to find a cutting bit that fit in the hole.

Getting the wire for the motor: 2, I got it off a old nimh 7 cell pack.

Sodering new connector to the esc: 10! It took 4 hours!

Setting the pinion/spur gear mesh: 7, It was hard to find the correct size washer to fit.

Coating the motor can to prevent rust: 6, For it was kind of hard to tape everything off.

Final results: 100000! I love it, so worth it!

Overall, I'd say it all depends on what tools you have. If you have good tools, it should be easy. But if you don't have good tools, it might be rather hard. A good set of dremel tools will REALLY help.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-01-2013 at 05:45 PM.

RC Competitor
    Hey guys, the positive motor wire tab on my Titan 775 just snapped clean off! It came off so clean you can't even see where the tab was. So, is there any way to fix it? I tried soder it back on, but there's nothing to soder it to so it didn't work. So, here's my next question, that I'm that sure has been asked a million times. How do I go Dewalt? Since I plan on going lipo I'd like to get the DeWalt 14.4 motor. What do I need to go Dewalt? I know a need to dremal the motor mount in order to make it fit, and I need to soder the wires on from my Titan, so is there any thing else? Also, where do I order it from? Any one got a link? Sorry if that's alot of qeustions, I want to make sure I know every thing before I order it. Thanks!

the same exact thing happened to mineand the tab snapped off down inside i took some time and dropped some solder down in there and made myself a tab it works perfect and its really strong havnt had any problems with it breaking off or bending and ive had the motor for about 3 years...when i did it it was kinda messy and i just filed it down and made it look nice