Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Ok, ordered mine 8 days ago. But they got here today, and they included spc pens! I'm happy. Lol
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    I got a pen too!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Ok, now that I got my new spc's, does anyone know if when paralell charging, I can charge 2 of them at 30a? That's not even 2c. My charger is only capable of 30a. 1c rate for two in paralell is 16.4a. Does it make a difference if it's not exatly 2c?
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    as long as it's under 2c it's safe so yeah go for it
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

Quote Originally Posted by the finisher View Post
    Ok, now that I got my new spc's, does anyone know if when paralell charging, I can charge 2 of them at 30a? That's not even 2c. My charger is only capable of 30a. 1c rate for two in paralell is 16.4a. Does it make a difference if it's not exatly 2c?
    Contact SPC Racing about this. Tom is a great guy to deal with and happy to help his customers. Traxxas does not allow this type of support for other companies' products on this forum.
    Thank you!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Ok, ordered mine 8 days ago. But they got here today, and they included spc pens! I'm happy. Lol
    I got a pen too!
    Yours came with a pen? Lucky, mine didn't.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    wow first run on the spc...wow the fat pig will get up and move! and for hours! about wore my dog out.
    My posts and summit are a hazard to your health

RC Qualifier
    Any of you care to post shots of these batteries installed in the trays?
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

Any of you care to post shots of these batteries installed in the trays?
    Sure! Just give me a a little time...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Sure! Just give me a a little time...
    Thanks! That's awesome of you!
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

Like so

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    i just fliped my cut vents around so my wires come out the from the front. and moved the battery keepers side to side. the spc and my other two sets of lipos all have the wires comimg out the top. so i could not slide them foward in the tray. did this to get weight foward. any body block there vents off? dont think you need cooling with lipos. and for me they are dirt and twig scoops.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Like so

Sent using lipo power
    Wow, and the spc 8000mah fit as well!? That's great to know. Thanks a bunch!!!!
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

Here is my pictures. Sorry for the delay, I couldn't find my camera.
    I had to cut out the battery vents to make the wires fit, and move the battery extension tabs so they wouldn't slide around.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Here is my pictures. Sorry for the delay, I couldn't find my camera.
    I had to cut out the battery vents to make the wires fit, and move the battery extension tabs so they wouldn't slide around]
    Thanks a bunch! Wow, I had no idea those trays were soooo roomy! Your summit is either brand new or you really take care of it!
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

Your summit is either brand new or you really take care of it!
    Thanks, I really do take care of my Summit, I love it so much. I'm kind of ocd about it. I really hate my Summit being dirty.

RC Racer
    Wolf,

I can see that the outer esc screw on yours sticks into the box like mine (was), I filed it down flush, after almost tearing the shrink wrap getting it in and out of the tray.
    Tekin powered Summit

I can see that the outer esc screw on yours sticks into the box like mine (was), I filed it down flush, after almost tearing the shrink wrap getting it in and out of the tray.
    Ya, I had to file mine down too. The first time I put the battery in, I had a hard time putting it in. After I pulled it out, I saw a nice long scratch from where the screw was. I'm glad it didn't puncture the lipo!

RC Racer
    again wow. did the same trail this past weekend as i did the weekend before. took my venom 5000 and my hobby people 4000 both hit lvd and ran it yesterday with the spc 8200 and did alot more trailn and no lvd! so the venoms/hobby people are over rated or the spc are under rated. iam just stoked! thanks again wolf slash on.the heads up that the spc were avaible. and everone else on the great advice

jonesdallas
    Heres some pics on how I did my battery compartments.

First you need to remove the battery retainer clip on the roof of the battery compartment.

I also Dremeled 2 of the 3 fins of the battery vents to accommodate the battery leads, I start by inserting the battery with the leads through the fins first.

Then GENTLY angle in the top of the battery as so. While leaving the ballance plug inside the battery compartment, not with the battery leads out the dremeled vent.

Once the top was in, its real easy to swing the rest of the battery into the compartment. JUST enough room lol.

I made these foam tabs with a few pieces of foam and some double sided tape.

Then insert them into the remaining gap to hold the batteries in place. This way I can easily switch back to Nimh 7-Cell if I wish while in the bush with no tools needed. This is especially nice when Ive been having problems with my LVD tripping super early on these lipos and sometimes needing to reset the LVD with Nimh. Right now im pretty much running my lipos with LVD disabled, but keeping a close eye on the cells. untill my $5 LVA/LVD arrives.

I also ended up wrapping some electrical tape around the end of the battery leads, it was just a little too exposed for my liking. So I added some extra water protection and sealed it off better.

RC Qualifier
    Jonesdallas, do you think that the spray on electrical tape stuff from Home Depot would work to seal off the exposed end? I don't really like how dirt and stuff can get in there so I was thinking about trying it. Don't want to ruin $100 worth of batteries though.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Competitor
    I just jumped on the bandwagon and bought a set. After adding high powered servos I saw my runtime drop considerably so I decided I needed to step up from my 5.8 LiPo's to 8.2's and get my runtime back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Zed_ZX20 View Post
    I just jumped on the bandwagon and bought a set. After adding high powered servos I saw my runtime drop considerably so I decided I needed to step up from my 5.8 LiPo's to 8.2's and get my runtime back.
    Yeah, but whatcha gonna do with all the EXTRA runtime?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

jonesdallas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    Jonesdallas, do you think that the spray on electrical tape stuff from Home Depot would work to seal off the exposed end? I don't really like how dirt and stuff can get in there so I was thinking about trying it. Don't want to ruin $100 worth of batteries though.
    Im not sure of the chemical composition of the spray. But I know the tape is safe. Let me know how it goes if you decide too.

RC Qualifier
    Man, I really want a set. Maybe I'll order some after I buy a new charger
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    I have been watching this post and thinking about ordering a set of lipos. All I got is the stock lipos that came with my summit. Would these be a set to order? Also off the subject which would be a better charger Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus or the Duratrax 245? I'm new to lipos so I just got the balancer chargers that came with my summit and need something a little faster lol.
    Summit T-Maxx Revo 1/16 Revo VXL 1/16 Slash VXL

RC Racer
    get a hold of spc. great cunstomer service

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bl.zuber View Post
    I have been watching this post and thinking about ordering a set of lipos. All I got is the stock lipos that came with my summit. Would these be a set to order? Also off the subject which would be a better charger Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus or the Duratrax 245? I'm new to lipos so I just got the balancer chargers that came with my summit and need something a little faster lol.
    I'd go with the Traxxas charger over the Onyx one. The reason is that the Onyx one is only a 40watt charger, compared to the 80watt Traxxas one.
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post
    I'd go with the Traxxas charger over the Onyx one. The reason is that the Onyx one is only a 40watt charger, compared to the 80watt Traxxas one.
    If you're gonna go with the onyx 245, you should check into this http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-206b.html first. Much better charger and a little more power for a similar price. I just got an I charger a couple months ago, and couldn't be happier with it.
    Last edited by the finisher; 03-31-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by the finisher View Post
    If you're gonna go with the onyx 245, you should check into this http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-206b.html first. Much better charger and a little more power for a similar price. I just got an I charger a couple months ago, and couldn't be happier with it.
    Keep in mind that if you go with this, you will need an external Power Supply. Great charger though.
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    That detail slipped my mind! Lol power supplies can be had for reasoable prices too. If you know where to look.
    addicted much....

RC poster
    Ok thanks for the advice. Will prolly go with the Traxxas.
    Summit T-Maxx Revo 1/16 Revo VXL 1/16 Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    Good charger. Way better than my "battery cooker" (Imax b6ac pro)
    This is a signature.

+1 on the Traxxas charger. I love mine!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    Actually the 3m brush on liquid tape works perfect for what you're describing. I've never tried the spray, but w/ my luck I'd have it everywhere!

RC Racer
    You guys got me so excited to buy the battery I didn't even think about a charger. I have the Onyx 245 which only charges at 5 amps but it can charge two batteries. Wrote to SPC and this is what they suggested.

"For a really good, high output charger, take a look at the Hyperion 720i Net AC/DC. You can find them here
    at a good price: www.allerc.net.

Tom"

I'm going to just try the 245 charger for now once the batteries come in. What worries me is that the charger has an auto 90 min shutoff feature and I'm guessing if I charge at 5 amps it will take longer than 90 mins.

jonesdallas
    Well, I use a Onyx 245, its fine. charges 2 of my SPC 8200 lipos in an hr @ 5amps (from storage 3.6). I do wish it had discharging features... but I`ll just deal with using my trigger finger for that I think 1.5 hrs would fully charge from 3.3

RC Racer
    now that i have tapatalk i will post how i do a water crossing spc style!

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gojeepinawillys View Post
    now that i have tapatalk i will post how i do a water crossing spc style!

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok don't watch this then our batts are the same both trucks on spc 8200
    I don't make a habit of this of course lol
    http://youtu.be/VG34WaVDg10

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    i have two other sets for unsafe lipo use (read boating). the spc are my babys. love the run time! just liked the crossing