RC poster

Need A Litle Help Please

I'm new to RC cars and I'm afraid I'm getting hooked. Been having some problems though. I bought the mini summit a few weeks ago and have broken several axle driveshafts during that time. I spent the morning installing new steel shafts from traxxas. Three of the Four axles work great, but the rear right constantly pops out of where it connects to the diff. It seems like the shaft is a millimeter or two short, but I doubt that's the case. I'm getting pretty frustrated, any input would be appreciated.

RC Champion
    Have you shimmed your diffs to take out the slop? That might correct your "missing" millimeter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV7heUTI4XM

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...to-shim-a-diff.

Welcome to the forums.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The CVD's are not really made for the Summit... they are made for the Revo which has a shorter wheelbase. That shorter wheelbase means they take slightly shorter axles.... in other words they are too short for the Summit.

Some have gotten over this by shortening the arms by a few mm and then getting adjustable toe links to set the proper toe.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    I appreciate the input so far. Thanks -

Forgive my still limited vocabulary. The CVD's are what stub out of the differential? If they are made for the Revo, would it make sense to install Revo arms and toe links to effectively shorten the wheelbase?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tjarget View Post
    I appreciate the input so far. Thanks -

Forgive my still limited vocabulary. The CVD's are what stub out of the differential? If they are made for the Revo, would it make sense to install Revo arms and toe links to effectively shorten the wheelbase?
    Exactly.That's what I would suggest.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The CVD's are the steel axles...
    Revo rear arms would help... as would Revo "P2" rockers. The links are the same between the two.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    the easiest thing would be return the steel axles and get the merv plastic shafts, much cheaper too. only option now will be to get the revo rockers which will limit the travel and ground clearance.

RC poster
    Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it works out. It's nice to have a place to go where people know a bout this model.