RC Champion

Question FLM 10900 Chassis

My Maxx brushless stock chassis has a 2-inch stress fracture

Is the FLM 10900 aluminum still the best way to go, or is there an RPM-quality polymer chassis that I don't know about?

So cheesed off right now...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Flm is your best option, I have a full FLM truck, and it is a beast, you will need to upgrade the shock to support the added weight.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    Flm is your best option, I have a full FLM truck, and it is a beast, you will need to upgrade the shock to support the added weight.
    Thanks for the vote. I just ordered big bores and extra stiff copper springs.

I suppose you recommend their bulkheads too? I already have RPM towers, a-arms and bumpers.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds good, yes bulkheads is highly recommended, Flm skid plates or rpm are good. If you get the chassis get some Kershaw battery trays.

RC Racer
    Is that flm chassis good for hard bashing

RC Qualifier
    Call me a purist, but I have left my rig with the stock chassis and it has handled some huge jumps and crashes. I think the key is that I have aluminium chassis braces, bulkheads and shock towers. This combined with my custom built shock tower braces, IMO, create a rigid support around the chassis which then saves me having to upgrade from the stock chassis.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    Im thinking like you mugs. Im going to keep the stock chassis on my basher and alum all around it. Im in the process of building a set of 1/8 diffs for it now.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Call me a purist, but I have left my rig with the stock chassis and it has handled some huge jumps and crashes.
    I'll call you lucky... Mine only survived 10 weeks. Now I'm looking at a total rebuild.

RC Qualifier
    Luck, Control, something like that
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I'm going to get one of these, any springs or shocks you guys like?? Or stock shocks but in a different position, I have the FLM shock towers???
    Thanks John

RC Champion
    I just finished my rebuild. Be advised, there are no diagrams, pics or even an exploded view included with this chassis. I still recommend you buy it based on quality, but be sure to PM RC-Fan or me with any questions you might have!

As far as shocks...I'm rolling Traxxas Big Bores with the included oil (not sure what weight it was) and Associated extra stiff copper springs. They look totally bad on there and my suspension runs smooth and firm.