RC Enthusiast

Lipos and charger or bullets!

Well with tax return I have some dough for stuff. I think I'm headed not to buy bullets cause they are so expensive now and maybe get me another charger and some lipos for my emaxx.

I have a Traxxas Ez-Peak Plus 6-Amp LiPo/NiMH Charger TRA2933 now and thinking about another to speed up charging times.many other hangers that compair to reliability that I have had with this one.

Also thinking about 2 LiPo Power Cell Battery (#2872) (5000mah, 11.1v, 3S, 25C) any others that you may think of.

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas makes some good batteries. I would go for an 208 icharger and spc batteries
    Only go 3s if you have strengthened up your truck to make it stronger http://spcracing.com/index.php?categ...3&show_all=yes
    Any of these combos will be good http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...ex&cPath=17_20
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-01-2013 at 11:27 PM.

i'm gonna agree with what 50togo posted cant beat both of those deals there spc and epbuddy or progressiverc.com either. you wont need another charger for a very long time unless you have kids like maybe 3 and some adults running rc that you need to charge more than 6 lipos but most if not all the time its enough with 20amps of power if your hungry go for a icharger 306b if your hungryier then powerlab 6 with 40amps but not if your starving and which most times people are not they have the 4010 icharger now with 40amps per 2 channel charger crazy not sure if you could charge 12 lipos then at once. All those ichargers come in a combo and i think even the powerlab 6 can be bought in a combo with a power supply. the 206b or 208b is plenty though i have it and plan to put it to the test soon i hope.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    I would either go with 2s and the traxxas dual charge board, Then use some money for upgrades. In a few months sell off the charger and board then get one of the more powerful charger's and a paraboard. It's cool charging two lipos from low voltage cut off to fully charged in 34 minutes at 1C
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have been using, an icharger for years without issues, always charge my batts in parallel pretty quick, consider that some batts can be charged at more than 1c it depends of the manufacturer. I personally like gens ace lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I got 2 kids with stampedes reason for another charger.

Probably going to buy them some lipos for theirs too.

I have beefed up my MAXX with rpm a arms, true tracks, flm shock towers , roll cage, aluminum chassis braces, skids ect.. searching today to get some hybrid bulks, and I am in need for some shocks. My truck squats way to much with weight I have added.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    D8 shocks are great to beef up the suspension.

Hybrid bulks are bulletproof.

RC Qualifier
    The D8 Shocks look great. How's the clearance between the A-Arms?

RC Enthusiast
    Got my spc batts and ran them in my emaxx and sons stampede. Holy cow I'm happy with them. Now I need to find me anther charger

My son stampede however stripped a spur gear in first 5 minutes with his new lipos. But put 16t and 86t in it and had an outstanding afternoon at the park bashing
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-13-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: merge

Glad you find you lipos as enjoyable as most do, its to be expected stripping a spur gear with lipos though i know i loosed my slipper just a little since it has an increase punch with lipos.
    There are tons of different chargers out there to choose just choose a good one.
    DEU 8:18 ESV