Thread: Traxxas Chat...

RC Qualifier

Traxxas Chat...

I think a traxxas chat would be great open a few one for nitro one for 1/10 electric one if 1/16 groups.... just a thought what do you guys think?
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Champion
    Live chat is too hard to moderate. It would be way too easy for people to spam or talk about things that are against the rules.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Qualifier
    well maybe make it for ppl with 3000 post like the avatar thing? just a thought I understand ppl would spam it like crazy if you didnt figure out someway to manage it. just thought it be cool to be able to carry a conversation...

RC Qualifier
    cool idea but, what would be the point if only 20 people have 3k posts? Maybe mods but im sure if they need to skype they have a skype/teamspeak or something.

RC Qualifier
    true guess they could make it for 500 post or something, I know it will probably never happen just thought it be kinda cool, instead of waiting for someone to read a post and reply with one sentence. That way you could ask questions and get answers fast.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    I like the idea. Just don't know how well it would work...
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by idkhow101 View Post
    cool idea but, what would be the point if only 20 people have 3k posts? Maybe mods but im sure if they need to skype they have a skype/teamspeak or something.
    No, we use the oldschool mindmeld.

There are 116 members with 3000+ posts. Many are inactive, some are not allowed to return.

It is in no way my decision and I probably would not even be consulted, but even so I'd like to believe that there would never be a chat section or window on my watch. I don't really need to read "'Sup" dozens of times each day. As for waiting for an answer, does it really take so long here? I'd rather ask a question and get a targeted answer an hour later than have to scroll through a few hundred off-topic posts to find the one that might be able to give an answer in one or two lines.

No thank you.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

haha very true ksb you have a point there cant stand chat stuff for that reason
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Good points ksb didn't look at it from that point of view be a lot of blah blah sup blah blah lol and no it doesn't take that long I was thinking about being able to get some walk thru help with a build but I think your right it probably be more trouble then good...was just a thought

There is nothing wrong with differing opinions. Different people want different things. And I could be totally wrong about chat - maybe I just hit the wrong chat boards. This is a pretty big forum. What's the population - NOT NAME - of the biggest forum you know that has a good chat area?

RC Qualifier
    Not sure not been into very many ....guess it could be like a pm live chat where someone has a mod you want some info on and you could ask them if they got a second and send a request to open a live chat one on one about it and then close it instead of permanent chat forum so that way it wouldn't need monitored that would be alright and helpful I think

That is different than what I was thinking about...and interesting.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I don't really need to read "'Sup" dozens of times each day
    Sup Marshal?!

Chat-speak is absolutely MIND-NUMBING. It's worse than text-ese. And there's hardly any waiting time for responses here. About 2 dozen guys are always quick to answer. And if they don't know, you or JimmieNeutron swoop in to save the thread...

About the only chat I've ever found useful is in my fantasy football league; it helps me insult the other team owners quite expeditiously. But there's only 10 of us...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    I agree Zippo it doesn't take long but sometimes its hard to understand exactly what they did for a mod that way it could be more one on one so it doesn't fill up a thread with off topic things I guess or if you see a mod in a thread on a vehicle in a thread about servos but you want to know bow they painted the body you could ask the owner they could deny the live pm of course etc...just a thought

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber211 View Post
    you want to know bow they painted the body you could ask the owner they could deny the live pm of course etc...just a thought
    I do kind of like the idea of an instant message. Each user could configure his profile to accept them or not...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    I think so I know I've seen a few threads and I've done it myself where its about one thing but you see something you want to know about more and you ask but then thread goes off topic for few....I think it would be benificial and after all like you said you could deny it all together or just allow a certain few etc...