RC Champion

Converting your "X" to a Revo...

Since I've seen this brought up several times in several sections on here...and I was bored...I thought I'd put this list together.

Maybe this will help someone.

-----------------------------

Parts needed to convert a 1/16 Slash to a 1/16 Revo...

7111X Body, 1/16 E-Revo, ProGraphix (replacement for painted body. Graphics are painted- requires paint and final color application)/ decal sheet ...............$28.00

7015 Body mounts, front & rear/ body mount posts, front & rear ...............$6.00

7121 Wing mount/ hardware (1/16 E-Revo) ...............$5.00

7122 Wing, 1/16 E-Revo (black)/ decal sheet ...............$6.00

7135 Bumpers, front (1)/ rear (1) ...............$6.50

7151 Driveshaft assembly (1) left or right (fully assembled, ready to install)/3x10mm screw pin (1) ...............(you need 4 @ $8 each)...............$32.00

7132 Suspension arm set, rear (includes upper right & left and lower right & left arms) ...............$8.00

7131 Suspension arm set, front (includes upper right & left and lower right & left arms) ...............$8.00

7118 Push rod (molded composite) (red) (4)/ hollow balls (8) ...............$6.00

7138 Toe link, front & rear (molded composite) (red) (4)/ hollow balls (8) ............... $6.00

7174A Tires and wheels, assembled, glued (Gemini black chrome wheels, Talon tires, foam inserts) (2) ...............(you need 2 sets @ $22 each)...............$44.00

TOTAL .................................................. .........................$155.50
    (FYI...these prices are right off of the Traxxas 1/16 Revo VXL Parts List)

* If you are converting a Ken Block Gymkhana,Rally,Fiesta,Boss 302,or a Kyle Busch Camping World Race Truck to a Revo you will also need 2 pair of springs for your shocks which will cost you an additional $8.00 ($4/pr...part numbers will vary depending on which springs you want.)

* Another smart option to add would be the wheelie bar...

7184 Wheelie bar, assembled ...............$15.00
    Last edited by dcfox; 02-28-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    If I've left anything out...will someone please let me know?

(BTW....I'm not wanting/needing to do this swap.I already have a Slash that's been converted to a Revo,and a KB...that was converted to a Revo when I got it,,,but I converted it back to a KB)
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I like this detailed list, personally I'd suggest to anybody doing a conversion should add RPM suspension arms instead of buying stock ones, the cost difference is minimal and definitely pays off. Also a small detail, the rally cars/mustangs have small spacers inside the shock body that limits the overall ground clearance, traxxas part #7067. I converted my slash to a rally car and I noticed an improvement in street performance by adding the suspension travel limiters. Also for anybody new wanting to do a conversion don't be too intimidated by the end cost of the conversion, you can paint up a good looking clear body and put proline dirt hawg tires on traxxas dished rims for a lower price, and have a better result. There are a huge number of other accessories you could add during the process (steel drive shafts, aluminum rods..etc) but you could easily double the cost of the conversion.
    Last edited by Meebert; 02-28-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    I agree 100% on the RPM arms.
    I was just wanting to give Traxxas numbers as a baseline.

If I were the one doing the conversion...I'd definitely go with upgrades on nearly all of the parts.
    In fact...looking back on the list...I don't think I would buy a single one of the Traxxas parts.
    All of mine would be aftermarket upgrades.lol.(even the body)
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Buying new in package parts I would mostly agree, but if you bundled up most of those parts on ebay you can make that a lot cheaper. For $220 you could buy a brushed 1/16 revo, and for $190 a brushed rally, and you could probably recover $50 selling the battery and electronics, and approach the $150 cost. I think I was able to quote a 1/16 revo to rally conversion for about $100, as long as you can trust a $10 set of chinese touring car tires lol.
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    Yeah...I've got a complete set of parts coming in the mail...that would allow me to turn any of the others into a Ken Block car.
    I traded all of the above parts(minus the wing mount and tires/wheels) for that setup.(I had no need for the extra Revo stuff...it was just collecting dust).
    I eventually want to build me a second KB car with the parts.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker