Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

New toy. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

I've been waiting for this new toy "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)" for a little while now since I heard and read about it. I had been debating on getting the current model but have held out for the latest and greatest. The specs on it are astouding. I like a powerhouse and this one can be carried at my fingertips. A little over a year ago I purchased an Asus Transformer Prime TF201. It's not a bad piece but just doesnt cut it on power for me. I had also thought about a Nexus 10. Its has a very nice & crisp clear screen. Which the new one for 2014 will have. The pre-order started today and should ship around the 10th of October. (YAY!!!)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) Specs:

Processor Speed 1.9GHz Exynos Octa Core
    Battery Type Lithium-polymer
    Display Type WQXGA TFT touch screen (2560 x 1600)
    Screen Size (Measured Diagonally) 10.1"
    System Memory (RAM) 3GB
    Storage Capacity 32GB
    SD Card Slot Yes
    Digital Camera Yes
    Digital Camera Pixels 8.0MP
    Wi-Fi Built In Yes
    Bluetooth-Enabled Yes
    Speakers Internal
    HDMI Output No
    Touchscreen Yes
    Drive Capacity 32GB
    GPS Enabled Yes
    GPS Enabled with GLONASS
    Operating System Platform Android
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Well oh shoot. Accidentally posted this in the Stampede Forum. I'll get someone to move this to the Alley. LOL

It will come loaded with Android 4.3 JB also. Hopefully the 5.0 Kit Kit earl next year.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I have the note 2 phone and tab 3 8" I love the Samsung gear. Its a lot better than apple. A lot of my friends are switching from apple.

Posted by my Galaxy Note 2

RC Qualifier
    Samsung is quite possibly the best on the market IMO. I have the Galaxy S3 and love it. My girlfriend has the Galaxy Tab 3 8" and its a beast. I've heard nothing but good things about the Note. I'm curious to know how it stacks up compared to others in its class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    I just got the same tablet Digger yesterday from my company. Im used to my BB, but am really liking this tablet
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

I love the Blackberry Z10, but it just didn't do enough as far as apps go. I never realized how much of a brick my torch was until I got the galaxy s4. It was a great phone but the gs4 is another level entirely, I had to disable most of the programs it was a little too much at one time.

I wish I would have gotten the galaxy tablet too as a bundle with my phone.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Samsung has definitely come a long way over the years Imo.

samsung galaxy note 2
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

I got a question about the battery on that. I've been seeing lipos more and more on tablets and phones over the lithium ion batteries. Is one suppose to be careful about running the battery too low like our RC lipos or are they OK?

Were running a nexus 7 with 4.3 jb and runs smooth so far though not all apps on the play store have added 4.3 to work yet. I think having a tablet not from one of the big companies is great because you get the latest updates or system upgrades instead of a chopped up version of 4.3 and useless apps.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

All the charging is taken care of by the tablet including the lvc. You don't have anything to do about it.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

Yeah I just noticed that it has a Lithium-Polymer battery. Kinda kewl. Guess we'll see how this works. LOL

BTW the new Note 10.1 (2014) has an Exynos Octa core processor. They call it the bigLITTLE processor, 4 cores do the big tasks and the 4 small ones take care of the background ones. Right now they are only actually using the 4 big ones but later on this year they should have it programmed to use the rest. I had fun messing around with the last version of note and almost purchased one, until I read reviews on the new one. Now have to wait 11 more days for this one to become available. Grrr.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

whats wrong with the new note 3 DiggerPede? havent read up on them yet but my wife is looking for a new phone so i have my eye out for the s3, note 2, s4, htc dna, one, note 3. doesnt have to be the newest out there just needs something to talk and use apps on mostly.
    I remember when we got the nexus 7 couldnt put it down for days then its mostly now for movies.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

The note 3 is a phone. The one i'm talking about up there is a tablet.

For a phone, if you are wanting something cutting edge. Look at the GS-IV or something more palm sized like the Note-3 (which is available this week, I believe). I like the Nexus stuff also, phones and tablets. The thing with google is their stuff will be updated to the latest and greatest software first, before any other manufacture will. Plus they won't have all that fluff installed on their gizmos. Which is really nice most of the time, plus it won't take up all the space.

Galaxy has kinda went haywire with all their stuff. For tablets they have the Note (more top of the line), and Tab versions of the tablets. Then with their phones they have the Galaxy versions, GS-IV, Mega, & Note for the higher end of phones. Which is crazy. I also just found out like the Note 10.1 (2014), the GS-IV has an Octa-Core processor, but its only using 4 of them right now (Quad). The Note-3 will have the same, and they should be updated later this year or early next year to use all 8 cores. In simple terms this will make processing power even more smoother. Plus the newer devices are coming with 3gb of RAM. Just simply amazing IMO. All this info i've read about from a bunch of different sites.

I'm still in a contract with my GS-III. Which should end right at the time of the Galaxy S-V next year. I'll hold off on its upcoming goodies. LOL It's terrible we need all this power to just run a phone these days. Like PC's in the old days. They do a step every year to get you to buy the latest and greatest. Grrrrr....Do i remember those days.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I am still loving my S3. From what I have been reading we (S3 owners) will be getting Android 4.3.X by the end of the year. That's in order to catch us up to the S4 and then like most Android system based phones they are done with the major OS updates. Seems like they only allow two major system updates before they start focusing on the newer platforms. I think the Galaxy items have gotten a little out of hand but man do they make a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    I am still loving my S3. From what I have been reading we (S3 owners) will be getting Android 4.3.X by the end of the year. That's in order to catch us up to the S4 and then like most Android system based phones they are done with the major OS updates. Seems like they only allow two major system updates before they start focusing on the newer platforms. I think the Galaxy items have gotten a little out of hand but man do they make a great product.

Yessir!! I heard us GS-III may get it sometime by the end of this month. Most of the time its the carriers that hold back on the updates from coming sooner. Fingers crossed.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Oh I know and the way Verizon does theirs we will be last to get it lol. But hey anything is better than the update they did a few months ago that wiped out service for thousands.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    I love the Blackberry Z10, but it just didn't do enough as far as apps go. I never realized how much of a brick my torch was until I got the galaxy s4. It was a great phone but the gs4 is another level entirely, I had to disable most of the programs it was a little too much at one time.

I wish I would have gotten the galaxy tablet too as a bundle with my phone.
    My mom has the z10 got it in feb she has had 5 phones they all crash! I convinced her to get the note 3 when I comes out this week! ! It's a great looking phone with the Snapdragon 800 and 3 gigs of ram. Makes iPhones look like kids toys
    Samsung makes amazing phones no one can compare. The camera on my gs4 is stunning! !

sent from the galaxy s4 aka the best phone around!
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

My son traded his Galaxy S4 in for the Note 3 yesterday. The thing is amazing.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    My son traded his Galaxy S4 in for the Note 3 yesterday. The thing is amazing.
    Sweet! Its going to be a hard debate on my next phone. It'll either be the Note-3 or the next version of Galaxy, which should be the GS-V. I'm also leaning towards an unlocked phone or a Nexus. I'm tired of waiting on carriers to release updated software at their snails pace. Plus all their bloatware.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I've been enjoying the note 2014 edition for about a week and a half now. It's simply amazing. The screen is crisp and clear, powerful, and tons of ram. My only complaint is the Touchwiz is still buggy. It causes some lagging issues. Other than that it is fast as all get out.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Well oh shoot. Accidentally posted this in the Stampede Forum. I'll get someone to move this to the Alley. LOL

It will come loaded with Android 4.3 JB also. Hopefully the 5.0 Kit Kit earl next year.
    Correction. Kit Kat is 4.4. Was thinking Nexus-5 and that at the same time. Just noticed this...haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I cannot wait for the new update coming for the S3. Should be a great one and probably the last major update for the S3. But the Note should benefit a lot from KitKat. Has anyone read what exactly all features are coming with KK?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I've been waiting for this new toy "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)" for a little while now since I heard and read about it. I had been debating on getting the current model but have held out for the latest and greatest. The specs on it are astouding. I like a powerhouse and this one can be carried at my fingertips. A little over a year ago I purchased an Asus Transformer Prime TF201. It's not a bad piece but just doesnt cut it on power for me. I had also thought about a Nexus 10. Its has a very nice & crisp clear screen. Which the new one for 2014 will have. The pre-order started today and should ship around the 10th of October. (YAY!!!)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) Specs:

Processor Speed 1.9GHz Exynos Octa Core
    Battery Type Lithium-polymer
    Display Type WQXGA TFT touch screen (2560 x 1600)
    Screen Size (Measured Diagonally) 10.1"
    System Memory (RAM) 3GB
    Storage Capacity 32GB
    SD Card Slot Yes
    Digital Camera Yes
    Digital Camera Pixels 8.0MP
    Wi-Fi Built In Yes
    Bluetooth-Enabled Yes
    Speakers Internal
    HDMI Output No
    Touchscreen Yes
    Drive Capacity 32GB
    GPS Enabled Yes
    GPS Enabled with GLONASS
    Operating System Platform Android
    nice phone im an iphone fan but i have a samsung galaxy tab and love it
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

I cannot wait for the new update coming for the S3. Should be a great one and probably the last major update for the S3. But the Note should benefit a lot from KitKat. Has anyone read what exactly all features are coming with KK?

Yeah i'm patiently waitiing for the next update for my S-III to. Only hear bits and pieces on different tech sites. Google seems to be hush hush about all whats going to change on it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Somehow my son's has just died. Won't show a charge, different cords, different power adapters, nothing, nada. Not even a battery charging status on the screen... Did the 25 second reboot thingy with power plugged in and not plugged in... Nothing... Very weird. The battery never acted up...

So it's off to warranty repair... Samsung says it should take about 3-4 weeks... Why is it I am always thinking I'm never going to see it again even though I have a case # and a UPS tracking label?
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Somehow my son's has just died. Won't show a charge, different cords, different power adapters, nothing, nada. Not even a battery charging status on the screen... Did the 25 second reboot thingy with power plugged in and not plugged in... Nothing... Very weird. The battery never acted up...

So it's off to warranty repair... Samsung says it should take about 3-4 weeks... Why is it I am always thinking I'm never going to see it again even though I have a case # and a UPS tracking label?
    What version software did this happen with? Hope thats not the new update. I'm running 4.1.2 MF1 on my Verizon S3. When they first out MF1 out it was a disaster lol.

What version software did this happen with? Hope thats not the new update. I'm running 4.1.2 MF1 on my Verizon S3. When they first out MF1 out it was a disaster lol.

I have not a clue, but he kept it up to date. Now it is the Galaxy 3 7.0 tablet I"m speaking of... Worked flawless, never got a chance to try it myself... My son has been using the daylights out of it though... Never said to me it had any problems before at all...

Me,,, I'm wondering if he downloaded some hack and bricked it myself...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    I have not a clue, but he kept it up to date. Now it is the Galaxy 3 7.0 tablet I"m speaking of... Worked flawless, never got a chance to try it myself... My son has been using the daylights out of it though... Never said to me it had any problems before at all...

Me,,, I'm wondering if he downloaded some hack and bricked it myself...
    Lol its possible that happened. But what fun are toys if you can't make them "better" . Hope you get it fixed. I love the Tabs. My GF has the Tab 8.0 and its pretty awesome. Almost the same specs as the Note.