RC Qualifier

RC Outta Commission :((

Hey, Guys Just Wanted to start up another Thread but, What Do you do when your RC is not Working and your addicted and all you wanna do is something RC related like build a Track or build a Ramp or Make a Trailer Or something Tell me What you like to Do!

Me, i like to Work on my Track and Perfect it and build Trailers!
    Last edited by RC-nightmare; 02-28-2013 at 03:53 PM.

RC Racer
    Drive my mini z buggy.
    Watch Out!!! My merv is a little green Hulk.

RC Champion
    The first thing I did when my E-Maxx broke was to buy a spare car. That would be my 1/10 Rally...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hate to say it but when all my mervs and revo and maxx and t maxxes are working fine I look for something else to upgrade on them!

RC Qualifier
    LOL Zippogeek and i Also do the Same but not Right now my Merv is outta commision, the servo burned itsself out but traxxas sent me a new one but, i am going to save it as a extra and get your AMAZing htech that you ALWAYS recomeend the hitech 5085 that is and buying some lipos and a brushless system, i just bought a lipo cooker as people say AC6 and skylipo a 2.4ghz reciever and some bearing which are on the way and buying the servo and and motor soon just need 100 dollars!!! i already have a ESC!! so looking forward to it!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    i am going to save it as a extra and get your AMAZing htech that you ALWAYS recomeend the hitech 5085 that is
    99% of my RC experience is in airplanes, and I've never trusted any other servo in 14 years. They've never failed me or even worn out.

My biggest peeve is waiting for parts. Especially when I pull the car apart in anticipation of the mailman pulling through, but all he brings me is junk mail...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    I usually stare at it wishing it wasn't broke

Or I clean and organize my toolbox full of my RC stuff.
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    DevilDog that so True, i just made a trailer for it and i wanna try it out SOOO BAD!

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    I go on the forums and tell people how not to do whatever I just did.

RC Qualifier
    LOL ....

RC Champion
    I drown myself in tears until I get my replacement parts then on the day that I am expecting my parts I wake up and run out to the mailbox in my underwear and wait for the mailman. LOL
    1:16 Slash vxl
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler vxl

RC Qualifier
    HAHA WOW, so im not the only one.. thank god

RC Qualifier
    I would have to bet 90% of us on here are in some way addicted...as I tell my wife when she complains "I could be spending 10x as much on a 1:1 car so shut it!"
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    I like you Additude.

RC Racer
    this forum does bring up a good idea of having a second, i never really thought of getting a another rc... my merv has always satisfied me, street to mud to sand

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    this forum does bring up a good idea of having a second, i never really thought of getting a another rc... my merv has always satisfied me, street to mud to sand
    Problem is, once you have 2 then you want 3, then 4,5...... and so on.
    That's why my number 5 is in the mail as I type now! Lol
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Champion
    "I go on the forums and tell people how not to do whatever I just did."
    This one I like!

I drive another one. I started out with one but when it broke and I had to wait, I decided never again. Then I got addicted to building, repairing and modding so I kept buying them.....as long as I'm spending MY money and not OUR money, she leaves me alone.

I suppose you could pick up a stick and hit the ground like a monkey until your parts come in and you get it repaired, but that just wastes energy and the neighbors start to think differently of you. I guess that only leaves one option......surf the forums at work all day learning about all things RC - that way, when you get home you have more time to stand in the "garage" and stare at your broken RC and come up with new ways to make it BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER!

RC Racer
    My friend and I used to run out maxxes and other trucks. Once we broke all of them for the evening we would run out X-mods inside. Those things ran forever and never broke.

The next day we would buy or order all the parts we needed to get out $1000s worth of trucks running and recharge the AAA for the x-mods.

RC Qualifier
    Awsome!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I usually find a project around the house to start only to leave it half done when my parts come in lol
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Qualifier
    So when it breaks again, you finished the next half or start another project until you do it all over again!!!

RC Champion
    Well my rc's are sitting on the coffe table next to me while im on the forums waiting for winter to go away. They are not really out of commission but the weather is annoying me!
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by oakvad View Post
    Problem is, once you have 2 then you want 3, then 4,5...... and so on.
    That's why my number 5 is in the mail as I type now! Lol
    Haha! I've got three 2WD TRX trucks (Rustler, Pede and Slash), but I started out with just a Rustler. Bought the Pede and Slash so my kids could drive too (sure, I did ), but it was also great 'coz I always have one ready to run even if one or both of the others have something broken or being upgraded. Now with bonus/taxes coming soon, I'm eyeing a brushless Summit!

Funny thing is the Summit is the one for my wife!

Took her to an RC store one time and said "Honey, I think I want this 4x4 Stampede for my next RC". She looked at the 4Pede, looked over at the Summit and said, Now that's a REAL truck!". Then while we were looking at the display summit, a store employee walked in carrying his own Summit completely covered in mud, head to toe. My wife got a huge grin on her face. That was nearly a year ago and didn't quite have the $$ on hand, finally gonna make it happen with upcoming tax/bonus! Woo-Hoo!
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    LOL, i am only 13, so i don't have my tax bonus yet but sooner or later, i can save up and buy my self a E-Revo b but since i don't have my cars working as we speak i built myself this trailer!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqpmrNuKJRU

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    I drown myself in tears until I get my replacement parts then on the day that I am expecting my parts I wake up and run out to the mailbox in my underwear and wait for the mailman. LOL
    umm i cant do that i have a p.o. box and the postmastress wouldnt like to see that

RC Competitor
    Digger saved me from going insane when I was having Slash 4x4 problems. I may invest in a third vehicle this summer, just in case I happen to have both out of commission at the same time.
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

RC Qualifier
    LOL!!!!! Me 2 but my Grave digger works at the moment just tryna get a better servo!

RC Competitor
    Do you have any pictures of your trailers?

RC Qualifier
    YEA, one i figure out how to upload them!