RC Champion

Rally or slash 4x4

Other than the big price difference.... Why one or the other?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Big Price difference? The Rally and Slash LCG are the same besides wheels/tires and body/body mount/post
    If you're seeing a big price difference you are probably looking at a Slash Platinum Edition or Slash Ultimate...?
    Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    Yes, I have been looking at the Platinum and Ultimate.

I see about $160 difference and these parts are the upgrades for the Platinum correct?

Hard-anodized and PTFE-coated aluminum GTR shocks with Titanium Nitride shafts
    Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum C-Hubs
    Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum steering blocks
    Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum rear hub carriers
    Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum axle nuts
    Adjustable front and rear swaybars
    Included optional extra-stiff swaybar set
    Sealed, silicone filled center differential (included separately; installs trackside in just minutes replacing the Torque-Control® slipper)

The Ultimate has the new TQ-i and a lipo with charger... Of which I would like the new xmitter & receiver.

Or just put the money to upgrade the rally.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    For the price over the rally, its worth it, and all u need after that for a rally is body, wheels/tires, and front bumper/foam, and remove the rear bumper to the small "stub" like part. To get all that stuff separate with a lipo/charger would be close to $300
    Last edited by QYKSLVR; 02-28-2013 at 03:43 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The rally looks really cool on the track; I had lots of positive comments and interest. Having said that, at this point, the rally is a slash lol, the extra clearance of the front bumper was needed as they just redid my local track. I did however, get the proline rs body to retain the rally heritage
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Racer
    I would go for the ultimate or the platinum if you already have a tx/rx. For around $70 you can turn it into a nicely upgraded rally. Just swap the parts depending on which you feel like driving.

RC Champion
    which one do you like better? Slash or rally? what do you want to do with it? Race? Bash? If you're looking to beat it up, I wouldnt spend the extra money. If you're looking to bash the rally, I would consider another car.

If you want to race, slash ultimate or platinum....thats what they are made for. If you just want something to toy around with.....get the one you think is the coolest and you can afford

RC Champion
    Well I want something to race and be some what competive, at the local indoor track that I have been to (4 times) my 2wdr Slashes do ok but more practice on a clay track is needed on my part.

I also just like the looks of the Rally car (that orange one is hot ) and is also the fastest, right?

So since I want the new style controller, might buying the new lower center of gravity Slash and then body, bumper etc upgrades for the Rally look be an economical way to have a decent competive ride?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Dont mean to thread jack but why do you guys say the rally is not a good basher. Im considering getting one and im wondering what you all think.

RC Champion
    It really doesnt make any sense, considering they are the SAME thing underneath....

RC Champion
    I am going to bite the bullet as the saying goes and purchase the Traxxas 4x4 Platinum. No receiver or transmitter of which have as well as plenty of batteries and a charger. The clear body will be nice as I do like to paint them myself.

My local hobby shop will sell it to me for $370 plus tax which I think is an ok deal...

After I drive it a few times I'll pick up the parts to use a Rally body on it.

Thank you to everyone for your input
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    WHAT, $370?? Nice.

RC Champion
    The shop said cash only, no credit cards... I said you betcha... They are going to hold it for me untill tomorrow afternoon.

I live out in the country and well you know the price of fuel..... I try to keep the trips to town to 2-3 per week....

Wow.. I just noticed that my infraction will be removed at the end of this month
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    That is a steal! I woudlve gotten the slash and looked for rally parts if I could;ve gotten a deal like that.

RC Champion
    Show us pictures if possible, although I beleive this should of been posted in the Alley.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.