RC Enthusiast

Broke the Big Pig today

Well it didn't take long for me to break my E-Maxx. Did some jumping with it, only 4 foot jumps, and came down on the rear a little hard I guess. Broke the rear shock tower clean in half. Called LHS and they pulled a RPM shock tower down for me. Will post pics and the slowmotion video of the actual break jump, maybe 2 foot jump, tomorrow after i run to LHS. Guess i'm gonna find all my weak points.....bashing is fun!!

RC Competitor
    Looking forward to the video.

RC Racer
    Down side to hobby grade trucks. They are fast, kinda heavy, and do all sorts of cool things that junk cars don't. That includes brake.

Atleast 90% of the time it is a short trip to the hobby store and time at the bench and you are back at it again!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by custmemaxx1 View Post
    Down side to hobby grade trucks. They are fast, kinda heavy, and do all sorts of cool things that junk cars don't. That includes brake.

Atleast 90% of the time it is a short trip to the hobby store and time at the bench and you are back at it again!
    Do you mean "downside to TOY grade trucks"?
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Enthusiast
    The ultimate untimely death of my rear shock tower. I believe it was the launch and not the landing, but I could be wrong. Either way here's the slomo video Momma Bear shot for me.

RC Enthusiast
    And here are the pics.

RC Qualifier
    Did the truck land upside down on its lid? That launch wasn't too bad. Looks like it landed on its lid hard. I'd assume that's what broke it. Looked fun!
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    awe man, I was lookin for some major carnage! excellent option on the RPM replacement! now you just have to wait for the front one to break - LOL

RC Champion
    Back right shock looks bent...

RC Racer
    I was going to say the worst part of braking shock towers. More often then not you bend atleast one and sometimes all of the shocks.

RC Enthusiast
    Actually not bent, thankfully. The bottom spring retainer unseated. Reseated it and all was good. It did land on the lid, that is more likely what broke it.

RC Qualifier
    Those old stock "spaghetti" shock towers again. Definitely need upgrading if you plan to bash.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Those old stock "spaghetti" shock towers again. Definitely need upgrading if you plan to bash.
    Yeah the plan is to replace them as they break. I have no problems putting better ones on, but I'd rather "use up" what I can in the old ones. Any suggestions as to what shocks I should move to?

RC Qualifier
    I tried the FLM ones because they gave me quite a few mounting options which I liked. They have held up so far.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Enthusiast
    I will look into those, thank you.