RC poster

Single 4S on EVX-2 ?

If I jumper the non-BEC side of the EVX-2 series battery connectors in order to run one Lipo pack connected to the BEC side (currently doing this with a 2S Lipo), can that Lipo be a 4S (14.4V) or can I only put 8.4V through the BEC? I'd like to run a single pack, but don't want to harm the internal BEC. I know the ESC can handle the 4S (2x 2S in series).

RC Champion
    I don't believe the BEC will handle that.

The EVX-2 takes the two batteries (7.2 nominal volts each) and does an internal serial connection so you have 14.4 volt coming out. For this reason I feel that the ESC can only handle 7.2 volts from one connection.

Now I know that I've read where guys have used one 3s lipo with a jumper. But I'm not sure if they were using the stock EVX-2 ESC or not.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have been told from multiple Traxxas sources that the BEC can only handle 2S LiPo or a 7 cell NiMh... this may be only for the new EVX2 with LVD... as I have seen the older style running a single 3S before.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    the evx 2 handles 7 cell nimh. 8.4. im not sure if it will work but could you use like a reverse series or parralel connector? so it puts power through both leads?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    That would be a direct short... a fried ESC, possibly a popped battery, or worse... the entire RC could go up in flames.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.