RC poster

Series 5 Question

Hey Guys/Gals, I recently picked up a used 1/10 Revo with the 2 -550 Titans it came with 2 5000Mah 7 Cell Series 5 Traxxas Batts.

When i Tried it out it had no Juice.
    He said the batterys were dead, So i put one on the charger It charges for about 10 Minutes @ 3Amps
    And Signals a full charge, i put the Next one on and similar deal. It was at this point that i noticed the plastic wrap was Melted on one side 2 cells down from the cord. The pac wasnt warm so i know this was there
    prior to me charging it.

so i put them in the car and try again. After about 1 Minute of driving with little power It started to pick up.
    Eventually Running Pretty well.

I take it inside and the Pack with the melted Plastic was hot hot hot.. Not sure what the temp was but it was sizzling..

Let it cool off, Talked to a RC friend he said to try to charge it again and see what it does.

took a good Charge. 3000 MAH according to the charger, Put it into my slash and it ran fine, Wasnt overly warm but did seem to die fast.

Charged it up again, Not to warm. Ran it in the revo again tonight And 6 of the 7 cells seemed fine. The one cell where the wrap was melted was HOT HOT!

So i Ask all you Guru's Out there. Is there something i can do with this or should i just throw it away?

I know the Lipo thing is going to come up and i will eventually go that way, But in the mean time if there is something i can do to this pack to Bring it back to life my wife will be happier with my RC spending recently

Thanks in advance for any help!!

-Gary

RC Champion
    imo. toss that battery in the proper recycling bin. when you are ready for lipos. google spc lipo. very afordable.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    nothing you can do but get some new battery's or you can try charging the old ones a 1 amp an c what that does , sometimes it might bring them bake to life .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Sounds like a dead cell to me... if it is melting the case, it is probably beyond rescuing.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks Guys, Kinda figured but i thought i would try!