RC poster

Few revo upgrade/replacement questions

Ok so to start off didnt want to high jack anyones thread. But i have a few questions/opinions i would like answered. Anyway got a revo 5309 (old) that i purchased last summer. LOL, blew up the engine (3.3) already, well crank punched up through piston. The kid didnt take care of engine at all, but truck is in great shape. Just got a new 3.3, waiting on weather to warm so i can break it in (wanted a .21, eventually). I will be using it to bash and show off with, also got two buddys gonna run with to. Revo was stock when i got it. But broke a control arm, so of course replaced w/ blue rpm's. But anyway first ?

1. Wheels and tires
    Really like the badlands, but seem a little aggressive for me being as i go from dirt to grass to pavement. From my research theres not many tires great all-around. How bout the trencher x? Does a 3.3 got the balls to push em around?...Offset/no? Any suggestions on a tire welcome.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-27-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: language

RC Racer
    well today i just picked up some pro line road rages, for my revo, and i havent gotten to try them out but they are the ultimate on road mt tires, also, the talon isnt by any means a bad tire, from grass to dirt it does pretty good in my opinion also i picked up a set of old hurricanes for the the road rages and i really like the look i will post a pic tommarow, and i have the ss two spokes on my talons which i also like any other questions about upgrades just let me know, - revo kinevo

RC poster
    yea from what i have read road rages are a great street tire. im not a fan of talons, have read about them wearing fast, i understand no tire will last forever. but also have read about sidewalls tearing, which mine did. also thought maybe just the traxxas t maxx 4973

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...ctCode=TRA4973

RC Racer
    another great tire ive heard are the pro line masher need the link?

RC Racer
    there is also prolines big joe and pro lines trencher

RC Qualifier
    If your looking for a good tire thats good all around cant go wrong with Proline Big Joes. They a only .10" taller than the stock tire so it wont effect the way your Revo preforms. You can get them pre mounted on Tech 5 wheels which are pretty cool. I ordered a set of Badlands and cant wait to try them out. I also own a set of Mashers and i really like alot.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Enthusiast
    I love the badlands great tire for grass and on our little backyard track. I went from the stock tires to big joes to the badlands and I gained a bunch of top end and traction. The badlands have a ton of side bite to them.

RC Racer
    so you didnt like the big joes?

RC poster
    i like all the proline mt tires, jus trying to get some user info. the big joes and mashers are a big tire. and i do love the badlands. but those all seem quite aggressive, no? really got my eyes on the trenchers! seem to not have such a aggressive tread pattern. i drive just as much on the road, love a high speed pass now and then. than i do on dirt, grass, heck i go from across the grass along the front yard to the road, lol. at some point a larger tire i would think would hinder performance. if i would go with a large aggressive tire i plan on going with 14t clutch bell and 40 tooth spur, will help with bottom end loss, correct? would like to keep bottom end without much top end loss. thanks for all suggestions!!!
    Last edited by DONM3GA; 02-27-2013 at 09:46 PM.

RC Racer
    quick edit your post otherwise you get an infraction bro

RC Competitor
    I run the badlands on desperado wheels with a 14/38 gering and i love them!!!!

RC Racer
    lol i saved ur butt on that one mega

RC Enthusiast
    The Big Joes just seemed to slow it down to much and made it tuff to get arround the little track we have in the back yard. Now I have had a set of trenchers and big joes on my emaxx brushless and that thing is crazy but the trenchers balloon like crazy makes it not want to go straight. I have not had the big joes on as much as the trenches I may swap them out and see if i like them better than the trenchers. The badlands just seems to be a great all around tire to me.

RC Qualifier
    the majority of ballooning can be eliminated by taping the inside of the tires. The other thing that helps with ballooning making turns is thicker diff fluid.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC poster
    o yea for sure planned on taping any tire i get. i could imagine that the big joes and trenchers balloon like crazy at hs not taped. im really starting to lean towards the badlands, you hear nothing but great things about them! jus not crazy about the thought of them on pavement. now how about a offset, being as the badlands are not a wide tire?

RC poster
    i have ran the trenchers ,badlands and had a set of talons, the stock tire on a new revo is what i normally run but i choose to run my proline mashers the most with ofna yellow tmaxx donuts, they wear very well, i abuse the heck out of them on street and off road. just an option if you wanted to go that route

RC Racer
    i think though having a set of road rages for on road is a must though for high speed runs and what not

RC poster
    badlands it is! offset?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DONM3GA View Post
    badlands it is! offset?
    1/2 offset ftw.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions