RC poster

Need to replace a bearing in my 3.3

I disassembled my 3.3 to inspect the bearings. The bearing in the middle of the crankcase needs replaced, it has a lot of play in it. You can move the inside race front and back, top to bottom and side to side. Also when you turn the bearing you can hear it. Has anyone replaced these before? What does it take to get both of the bearings out? If I am unable to get them out what are my options?

RC Qualifier
    The outer bearing is easy, just use a small screwdriver or punch and tap out. The inner one you will have to heat the crankcase. Then tap the backend down on something. I put a towel on my bench and tap the crankcase down. To install, I heat the crankcase, then drive in the bearings. I then install the crank, and flywheel and tighten the nut.

Is my phone smarter than me?
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC poster
    How exactly do you get the inner bearing out? I don't see a way to tap it out of the backend.

RC Qualifier
    You heat the crankcase, then hold the crankcase and tap the whole crankcase against the table. The bearing should come out, if not you may have to heat and cool a couple of times to get it loose. I use a small butane tourch to heat with, or you could use a heat gun. I dont know if a hair dryer will get it warm enough. It may though.

Is my phone smarter than me?
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Racer
    Why not heat it in an oven ar about 200 degrees?

galaxy tab2
    USAF, Retired
    ERBE, Dewalt EMaxx

Stick the bare engine in the oven for about 5 minutes at 250. Remove it and tap the rear on a cutting board or piece of wood. It will pop out.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    It took a little time but I finally got the bearing out. I heated the crankcase with a small space heater and used a pick to pry it out.