RC Racer

Who is using Proline Mashers on their Summit? How do you like them?

Im currently using proline trenchers and not a huge fan of them in the snow. Back in the summer I had the trencher x's and loved them. Thinking of getting the mashers and was wondering how you like them? I was a big fan of the original T-Maxx tires and growing up around farm machinery I like the tred of the mashers so was thinking of trying them. I may be selling my trenchers with my axial beadlocks after 30 minutes of use.

RC Racer
    What did you think of those beadlocks? As far as fitment goes. Would you get them again? When I get a lil extra cheddar I'll probably try the baja claw, but not sure of wheels yet.
    Wife says I have too may RC's I disagree!!

RC Qualifier
    let me know how much you want for those trenchers if you sell .... Do you have any rubbing issues with those beadlocks?

RC Qualifier
    You need to broke-in your slipper clutch before doing that, the same on the brushed motor for longer life.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    Never really hear Masher's mentioned anymore because Trenchers seem to be the king of the hill these days. The snow will pack into the Masher's v-groove as well though. For snow running I've seen some youtube videos of summits really ripping using the sling shots (paddles). In my experience,...snow and sand running really requires paddles. That is if you want to have max fun.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBYXB&P=ML

RC Competitor
    I've got them and so far I love them more then expected. Sand, mud, gravel, pavement, water and surprisingly really good on rocks and moss. They dig quite good imo with good stabilty. I haven't had the opportunity to try them in snow cause we had none this year, they seem to be the tires that I use most these day. So there a up from me.
    Here's one of my rock test with them.

Cheers

RC Qualifier
    That looks like a wicked place to crawl, nice vide brother
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    Some serious vert on that one rock, nice!!! I was thinking your suspension was a little low for crawling. But after that vert maybe the lcg kept you from flipping back.

RC Racer
    What a Great video!! You have convinced me to sell my Axial Beadlocks with my trenchers and buy the mashers with desperado wheels!!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys, I also have the rok lox and the canyons, they all have their pros and cons but you know that no matter which tire your running exstreme fun will be had just might have to pick different lines. Thanks again and cheers.

RC Racer
    Hey guys, back from the dark side of RC helis.

Just picked up a mint Summit from a local guy and having a blast with it.

Based on that video I just picked up a set of the mashers. If they do well with the summit, I may get a set for the EMaxx...

RC Competitor
    Congrat's on your purchases, I dont think that you will be disappointed, money well spent imo. I wouldn't mind purchasing a set of Trenchers some day. The 1st thing I'd do with them would be to cut out all the smaller tred on the out side of the tires, just to get a little better dig from them. I think I have a tire fetish, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nostopin View Post
    Congrat's on your purchases, I dont think that you will be disappointed, money well spent imo. I wouldn't mind purchasing a set of Trenchers some day. The 1st thing I'd do with them would be to cut out all the smaller tred on the out side of the tires, just to get a little better dig from them. I think I have a tire fetish, lol.
    No doubt..I'm a witness lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nostopin View Post
    I've got them and so far I love them more then expected. Sand, mud, gravel, pavement, water and surprisingly really good on rocks and moss. They dig quite good imo with good stabilty. I haven't had the opportunity to try them in snow cause we had none this year, they seem to be the tires that I use most these day. So there a up from me.
    Here's one of my rock test with them.

Cheers

Are those standard size or 40 series mashers?
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Competitor
    3.8" Mashers with Traxxas style bead, I mount them onto some Traxxas Geode wheels.