RC Enthusiast

What Tool Kits do you have?

I am getting ready to do a ton of stuff to my Revo 3.3 and was curious to see if there was a specific tool kit that I could buy for doing all of the work a Revo would need, or do I need to piece it together. What are you using?

Trev

RC Champion
    I have an Integy tool set, which I'm fairly unimpressed with (what else is new?)
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    I got most of my tools frommy buddy when he got out of the hobby. They are integy ones with the gold tips. I've had them for 5 years and one of my smaller ones is finally starting to wear out. I will be getting another set of these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    I use the tools that came with the Revo plus needle nose pliers (to remove/replace the EZ start wire on the glow plug), a thin blade screwdriver with a long neck (for tuning), and a nut driver (for the glow plug). If I was to add anything, it would be a couple of hex drivers to replace the allen wrenches from the kit but I'm doing fine with the allen wrenches so far.

I never bought any kits, just the ones that I used the most. I have some Hudy tools that I really like and work very good.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    I bought a Horizon Hobby Hex tool hardened tip kit. Metric of course. I use it all the time and it was worth the money as you do not suffer the hand fatigue like you do with the toss in tools. I also bought a metric 1/4" socket kit from Lowe's and again, I use it all the time. Aside from the that I have a simple tool box dedicated to RC that has the usual stuff. Zip ties, screw drivers, pliers, cutters, razor blade knife, tape, WD-40 and just about anything else I have used more than once.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Racer
    i bought the dynamite kit and im loving it, its got a nice ratcheting screwdriver and the attatchments are really long which allows you to get into certain places without worrying about running out of length, also these can easily be used as attatchments onto a drill, i use them as drill bits all the time, it has the nessesary heads for all parts on a revo. and here is the link
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FeVDMgodKk8AbA

RC Enthusiast
    Revokinevo

Thanks for the link. I bought that kit!

RC Qualifier
    I also have the Dynamite tool kit. I also have the Integy 1/4 drive hexs so i can use a electric screw driver. I had a extra Snap-on long 8mm wrench i use for the slipper clutch adjustments and a good old pocket screw driver with magnet and a good set of mini pliers from craftsman. I also have a Dremel tool.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    hey anytime twiskus! glad that i could help. need anything else give me a holler, i forgot to mention the one thing that the dynamite set doesnt cover, and that is the 17mm hexs for the wheels. -revokinevo

RC Qualifier
    LOL - i just ordered that kit as well.
    Revo OS 21 TM
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Racer
    it is honestly amazing espiecally with a drill, im basically a one man pitcrew for my revo when im working on it compared to when i was using a L hex before lol