RC Champion

basher pro line beadlock report

I bash dirt only slash 4X4 Castle mmp sct 3S. Finally broke down and bought a set of split six bead locks with gladiators and strc aluminum rings. I LOVE EM. Not a single problem and I beat the heck out of em. I did tape my tires as I was tired of ballooning and used a SMALL amount of silicone inner and outer. Went through 4 packs with out a problem. Got a set of unmounted trenchers will be here tomorrow and will tape and mount for a comparison test. So far Pro Line bead locks rule. I completely destroyed a GOOD set of trencher pre mounts trying to boil them to get the tires off to put on the bead locks.

RC Racer
    sorry about the trencher loss : (

but those rims sound sweet every time i hear about them...

RC Racer
    Just ordered a set off Amazon for 19.00 each set and trenchers from eBay. Hope to have them before the weekend.
    What does the tape do?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    Just ordered a set off Amazon for 19.00 each set and trenchers from eBay. Hope to have them before the weekend.
    What does the tape do?
    It is to stop tire ballooning. If you don't know what this is youtube it.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    It is to stop tire ballooning. If you don't know what this is youtube it.
    There are GOOD vids on youtube as to how taping works. Never done it till I got beadlocks and I WILL do every set from now on. I taped one tire at least 8 times before I was happy with it. What works for me and keeping the tire round I use gorilla tape and split it down the middle with x-acto knife and wrap tire twice. On the youtube vids they show how to cut the foam for beadlocks an yes it does help with mounting. I apply a THIN film of silicone on rear bead and just coat the outer edge of front ring before assembly.

RC Qualifier
    They are great! Heavy though

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashandBurn View Post
    They are great! Heavy though
    Yes they may be BUT for a basher who changes terrain and is NOT racing and may need different tires depending where they are they are the best as far as speed for changing tires for different terain without buying a bunch of pre mounts wich is why I BOUGHT THEM.

RC Enthusiast
    These beadlocks are awesome, Have them on my truck. Long term you need to watch out for the screws loosening up on the rings over time. I did have a rear bead unseat itself on one wheel due to this, but nothing was damaged. the downside is the holes strip easily, despite the fact they give you 12 holes on each wheel.

RC Champion
    http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...th-buying.html
    This will give you ALL the info for fixing stripped bead lock wheels.

RC Champion
    Finally found MY tire for bashing. installed a set of trenchers taped 2 rounds and WOW. The gladiators were good but I wa curious about taped trenchers since I have only run pre mounts. absolutely incredible and outside of taping and punching vent holes the tire swap with bead locks took about 20 minutes. I wil say I think bead locks is the best upgrade yet.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    Finally found MY tire for bashing. installed a set of trenchers taped 2 rounds and WOW. The gladiators were good but I wa curious about taped trenchers since I have only run pre mounts. absolutely incredible and outside of taping and punching vent holes the tire swap with bead locks took about 20 minutes. I wil say I think bead locks is the best upgrade yet.
    +1. I'm running the split 6 with trenchers. had issues with the tire staying on the wheel after a MMP 2400 install, but not prior to that. 2x around with gorilla tape on the inside and it's all better!
    Slash 4x4 MMP2400, MERV, Jato 3.3, VXL powered TC4