RC Qualifier

Did ABS Kill My RX-8

Hey everyone. I've been running SPC 6s 5000 mAh LiPos through a Tekin RX-8 / 2000 kV T-8 motor in my E-Maxx for a year now, and just bought the Spektrum DX4S. Everything has been running really well until I recently tried the ABS function, which quickly cycles the throttle channel under braking to reduce braking distances. It worked for perhaps 15 minutes until I suddenly had no throttle at all; the ESC and motor were both cold (chilly outside, not running hard).

Now when I start the truck, the steering works and the ESC arms with the three usual LEDs, but I hear no chimes; when I apply throttle, the ESC LEDs ramp as if throttle were working, but the motor is not powered.

Literally nothing has changed; no smoke, no thermalling, no wiring changes. I tried three different sets of batteries with different low-voltage cutoffs, recalibrated the ESC, and reset the ESC. Could something in the RX-8 died from the ABS cycling the throttle around? I've read around and some people's experience was when the sensor wire was installed, ESC turned on, and sensor wire subsequently pulled out, the ESC would not drive the motor. But if the sensor wire was removed and the ESC cycled back off and on again, it should drive the motor.

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Do you have another motor/esc you could swap in? I've heard stories about ABS damaging things from the rapid signal changes.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately, no. I was hoping for advice before I purchased another ESC since if I had to guess I'd say the ESC would take the brunt of damage.

RC Qualifier
    I think it's just not arming because it can't find the endpoints because of the abs function take off abs then recaliberate the controller and esc I'm pretty sure that's the prob
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s