RC Enthusiast

Placed myself an order!

I just got the truck broke in and I am hooked! I just ordered the following:

6.5" Pro-line masher tires with black Desperado wheels
    RPM axle carrier
    RPM arms
    Teckno sway bar kit
    Spur gear, 40-tooth (1.0 metric pitch)
    Body clips (12) (standard size)
    Oil, air filter
    Brake disc (high performance, vented)
    Clutch bell (14-tooth)/5x8x0.5mm fiber washer (2)/ 5mm e-clip
    Slipper pressure plate and hub (alloy)
    Half shaft set, left or right (plastic parts only) (internal spl
    Rebuild kit (heavy duty), slipper clutch (steel disc/ aluminum f
    Ball bearings (5x10x4mm) (2)
    Spring, shock (red) (GTR) (3.5 rate green) (1 pair)
    Spring, shock (red) (GTR) (4.1 rate tan) (1 pair)
    Body clips, heavy duty (12)
    Wing mount, Revo (complete minus wing, part #5412 or other)

Trevor

RC Qualifier
    And the Revo bug has bit another one. Sorry man its a sickness and its almost impossible to cure. Dont forget to add a good a set of tools.

And your gonna love the Mashers
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Enthusiast
    Heck yes...after I broke it in the other day, I took it full speed off of a snow ramp and was addicted!

I just posted a new thread about tools...Please check it out and post!

RC Racer
    hey twiskus i just posted in the tools, one thing your gunna want are steel universal driveshafts, along with some other things, i got a old used revo and i completley rebuilt it and since it was an older model i had to put in new servos, i have one savox metal geared sero for steering right now and im loving the torque, also you may want to upgrade the throttle servo to a futaba brushless servo, great response time and rediculouse speed. and servos are a nice and easy bolt on mod, im hoping to go with dual servos soon. also one other mod that i personally would suggest is a set of prolione road rage tiers because you dont want to tear up your offroad tires, tread on pavement, besides the road rages look sick lol

RC Enthusiast
    Revokinevo,

Thanks for the tips! Do you have a link to the exact servo you are referring to? Btw, I bought that dynamite tool kit!

RC Racer
    these are the specs for the steering servo that comes stock on the revo http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/traxxas/2055Torque: 6.0V: 86.0 oz-in (6.19 kg-cm)
    Speed: 6.0V: 0.20 sec/60

and here is the specs for the futaba brushless servos
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRJS5
    torque 6.0V: 147 oz-in (10.6 kg-cm)
    speed 6.0V: 0.10 sec/60
    now there is a big up in price but performance is also huge and i will post the data on the steering servo that i have once i get home as i am at school right now haha

RC Racer
    also i screwed up on the link, just get rid of the word torque at the end of the link and the first set of numbers for the stock servo is the torque i.e ( 6.0V: 86.0 oz-in (6.19 kg-cm))

RC Enthusiast
    Just to clarify then:

http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/traxxas/2055

That is the servo you are recommending? That's cheap! LOL. I am coming from Toyota Supra's and RX-7's so everything about this hobby seems "cheap"!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by twiskus View Post
    That's cheap! LOL. I am coming from Toyota Supra's and RX-7's so everything about this hobby seems "cheap"!
    I know what you mean by "cheap" I came from racing circle track dirt cars. So im like $6 for a set of springs...give me 1 of each set lol. Or $75-80 for a full set of "Good" tires w/ wheels even. Im like "wow i was paying $100 ea tire" blow a engine in racing and thats $5k-8K easy. So $200-500 for new nitro engine i feel like im stealing lol.

RC Enthusiast
    Also, it shows that it is brushed in the type. Not brushless?

RC Racer
    lol well im a high schooler and i work in the summer so im low on cash around this time of year lol also the stock servos on the revo are brushed but the futaba is brushless, and the name of metal servo im using is the savox sc 0252 and it has alot of torque and you will have about 80 more ounces of torque if you go with dual, again i had one of the old revo's which had a really bad servo so upgrading it was huge for me where as it might not be for the newer model lol

RC Qualifier
    save your self some money doing single server stuff stick with what you have and do the steering mod. Only thing you have to buy is the heavy duty servo saver. Then follow the direction in the PIT PASS section on how to tune your Revo. The extra radius is awesome. Turns hella sharp way easy to do donuts.

RC Racer
    could you post the link to the steering mod? i couldnt find it

RC Qualifier
    Here ya go. Youll really enjoy the extra radius.

http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto/new...t-Guide-Part-2

RC Racer
    thanks man i cant wait to put the set up into action

RC Racer
    also how do you like the mashers?

RC Qualifier
    So far i like them alot. I like the fact that they put sipes in the tread. Old school RCers would take a dremmel and put sipes in Chevron style tread for side bite. They have a big foot print so they are awesome in the snow. Only draw back like with any other big tire is you loose some off the line torque, but not so much it cant be got bck with a gearing change.

RC Racer
    awesome ill have to add them to my wish list. i just picked up a pair of road rages today and mounted them on hurricanes

RC Enthusiast
    Okay, all of the parts I listed above are showing up. I know I can probably figure this out on my own, but can somebody copy and paste the items I bought and number them in order of what to install first to last? I don't want to install something that I will have to remove later to install something else. I am sure I need to work from the middle of the truck out. Thanks!

RC Racer
    so first you are going to want to take out the transmission so take of the skid plates and disconect the center drivetrain then you can install the spur gear, clutch bell, brake disk, then you are gunna want to put in the half shafts, and then remount the transmission, then you are gunna want to remove the front and rear bumper, bumper mounts, and body mounts, then slide out the metal pins holding the control arms in place, the bottom ones are two little rods and the upper ones are one long rod, then remove the arm carriers, replace those put on the new rpm control arm carriers, then replace with the new rpm control arms, remount those to the body then put on the body mounts, then the bumber mounts and the bumpers i think the rest of it is self explanatory any other questions hit me up- revokinevo

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks a ton for the advice. Again, I am sure I can figure it out, but I appreciate your help so much!

but can somebody copy and paste the items I bought and number them in order of what to install first to last? I don't want to install something that I will have to remove later to install something else.
    That's the easy way out. How are you going to learn? Once you get the parts, start turning screwdrivers and wrenches. This part is just another piece of the fun.
    The Super Derecho

but can somebody copy and paste the items I bought and number them in order of what to install first to last? I don't want to install something that I will have to remove later to install something else.
    That's the easy way out. How are you going to learn? Once you get the parts, start turning screwdrivers and wrenches. This part is just another piece of the fun.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Double G, I completely see your point and will do that. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Thats one thing i like about the Revo and really all of the Traxxas family is its repair friendly to the end user. There is nothing really that you can take apart and its going to go flying across the room. Even if that did happen Traxxas is kind enough to provide exploded diagrams of all their products. Most times i enjoy wrenchin my Revo as much as i do bashing. Especially after i get that order in the mail of new hop up parts i had been waiting for, get all excited to get them installed. Then the over night wait for the sun to come up to go bashing to test it all out. Which usually results in loss of sleep going over the, "did i tighten this" or "did i hook that back up" thoughts in your head. lol

Best advice i can give when putting your Revo back together, USE BLUE LOCK TITE on the screws. SO far ive been lucky and only a drive line screw has fallen out cause i forgot lock tite. Let me tell ya a FWD Revo kinda sucks lol.
    Last edited by NvDesertRat96; 03-01-2013 at 11:20 PM.