RC Qualifier

Broke a T-Bone skid now what?

Out bashing hard this morning. Took the Summit off a huge jump. The truck landed on a pretty good sized rock. My rear t-bone skid broke off up near the tab where it mounts under the rear A arm. Does anyone know if T-Bone skids has a you break it we cover it policy?

Just curious. If not i will buy another one but just curious if they do. The truck was just fine but I think the skid obviously took most of the impact. Guess that's a good testimate to their protection.

Any response is appreciated thanks

RC Qualifier
    OK. nevermind.

I just found in the fine print on their shipping page that states all of their products are covered for life from breakage EXCEPT for skids. lol Just my luck, but I guess it makes sense.

Looks like I will have to order another set of a-arm skids just to get the one.

RC Competitor
    wow didn't realise skids weren't covered considering they are so expensive that's a bit sneaky

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I thought it was a little sneaky too. I mean I would say bumpers take impacts just as hard as the skids yet there are covered for life from accidental breakage. Oh well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown_Summit View Post
    Yeah I thought it was a little sneaky too. I mean I would say bumpers take impacts just as hard as the skids yet there are covered for life from accidental breakage. Oh well.
    Ok. When I am wrong I am wrong so I have to come clean and own up to it.

Above I said that the T-Bone skids for the Summit are not covered by T-Bones's lifetime break it we replace it policy. And in a little fairness to me it does say that on the contact info page of their website in fine print.

But yesterday when I received my new T-Bone A Arm skids so I could replace the one I broke, there is an extra little yellow piece of papaer that comes with the skids that says the A-Arm skids are indeed covered by the you break it we replace it policy. So....I just wanted to post up and say I was wrong. I haven't checked but maybe T-Bone has updated their website to say the same thing.

Also, I want to give T-Bone big props for inproving the mounting system for the rear A-Arm skids. In other threads I complained about how bad the original mounting system was for the rear skids that I had to ditch it all together and mount mine with zip ties just to get them on. Well I want to thank T-Bone Racing as a company for listening to their customers as they have improved the size of the derlin spacer backing disc that mounts up the skid to the A-Arm. The vertical tube is now longer so now you can get the M4x14 screw to actually bit into the spacer rear easy for a solid and secure mount. I know other had good luck with the original mounting hardware but I didn't. But the new one is great. Nothing rubs, everything is secure, and I finally was able to get rid of my zip tie mounting system.

So on two fronts here I stand corrected. Thanks T-Bone for improving the product and including the skids in your break it we replace it policy.

Now its time to go back out and mark up these nwe skids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sactown_Summit View Post
    Ok. When I am wrong I am wrong so I have to come clean and own up to it.

Above I said that the T-Bone skids for the Summit are not covered by T-Bones's lifetime break it we replace it policy. And in a little fairness to me it does say that on the contact info page of their website in fine print.

But yesterday when I received my new T-Bone A Arm skids so I could replace the one I broke, there is an extra little yellow piece of papaer that comes with the skids that says the A-Arm skids are indeed covered by the you break it we replace it policy. So....I just wanted to post up and say I was wrong. I haven't checked but maybe T-Bone has updated their website to say the same thing.

Also, I want to give T-Bone big props for inproving the mounting system for the rear A-Arm skids. In other threads I complained about how bad the original mounting system was for the rear skids that I had to ditch it all together and mount mine with zip ties just to get them on. Well I want to thank T-Bone Racing as a company for listening to their customers as they have improved the size of the derlin spacer backing disc that mounts up the skid to the A-Arm. The vertical tube is now longer so now you can get the M4x14 screw to actually bit into the spacer rear easy for a solid and secure mount. I know other had good luck with the original mounting hardware but I didn't. But the new one is great. Nothing rubs, everything is secure, and I finally was able to get rid of my zip tie mounting system.

So on two fronts here I stand corrected. Thanks T-Bone for improving the product and including the skids in your break it we replace it policy.

Now its time to go back out and mark up these nwe skids.
    Good on ya for stepping up.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Good on ya for stepping up.

Sent using lipo power

Well T-Bone stepped up and improved their product so I figure I should al least step up too. :-)

They skids really are an awesome product, and the really do an amazing job of smoothing out the under side of the Summit which makes it even easier to get over obstacles then it already was.

RC Racer
    Did your chassis skid fit flush on the bottom? Mine seems to stick out a bit to much. I am thinking about dremeling down the standoffs.

I have gotten used to it.my servo arm just hits it at full lock.so I don't know if I could get it lower without some work.

Sent using lipo power
    Last edited by jamann; 03-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Yeah my chassis skid does stick out quite a bit, but I have gotten used to it also. It does an amazing job protecting the underbelly so I just I overlook it. Function over form in this case.