RC Competitor

breaking in is hard to do

Engine keeps getting stuck at top dead center I have yet to get it to crank any remedies here?
    Jato 3.3,Slayer pro

Just keep going, it's hard at first to start it or keep it running. It gets better as you keep going. A little more info?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Competitor
    timely response Thanks for your sry not yoda phone did that anyway like I said I'm an hr in everytime I hit ezstart it cranks for a few turns even ignites now than just gets stuck it is 50 outside but I'm in my truck engine warming on my heat vent 2 ezstart batteries almost dead I'm waiting for my buddy to bring his ezstart
    Jato 3.3,Slayer pro

RC Champion
    Try o bring a hairdryer with you. Heating the engine block will make it easier to turn over

RC Competitor
    Heat helped another trick is loosen plug releases compresssion 1 tank in now
    Jato 3.3,Slayer pro

RC Competitor
    I had to stop the break in procedure on tank 4 its dark think that'll affect anything?
    Jato 3.3,Slayer pro

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyfingerz View Post
    I had to stop the break in procedure on tank 4 its dark think that'll affect anything?
    That won't effect anything. A heat gun works better than a hair dryer. The main thing is to stay patience. I have a rebuilt engine in my Jato and I've been having the same problem.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Competitor
    Thanks buddy and I'm assuming u replaced it all piston,sleve rod etc I havnt done all that yet jato still seems to have good power I'm around 2 gallons in on it I'm thinkin of sendin it in to the place everyone keeps talkin about I do have another 3.3 from the jato I blew to pieces shortly after break in
    Jato 3.3,Slayer pro

RC Qualifier
    Send it to Ab mods n get some sleeve work done. And maybe a new pipe n high flow air filter. That should be a big boost. All the could be done on the side since you have an extra. Def go with heat gun not hair dryer. You need almost 200*.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Competitor
    Hey man,

mine did that until about 6th or 7th tank... it jams up. All i did was flipped truck, and manually spun the motor using the fly wheel (part 4142)...

after a while it will wear in and the ez start will work no problems at all.

good luck!
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4