Hybrid View

RC Racer

EZ start spinning but engine isnt turning over?

i will hook up the ez start and the green light for the engine will be on but the ez start will just crank really fast but it fails to turn the engine over, sometimes it will start turning over after about 10 minutes of struggling with it, i have made sure the engine isnt stuck at top and if i feather the ez start button it helps a little bit but it will only turnover once to three times at most before spinning again and not turning the engine over and i know the ez start motor is fine cuz i can hear it spinning, is there a gear that isnt engaging or that needs replacing.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like the one way bearing. Take the ez start off, clean the bearing, put some light oil on it and replace.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    Take the EZ start off the engine. Does the one way bearing turn properly ? If it does, reinstall it. Loosen your glow plug to release compression while you crank it over. It should still start this way if there arent any other problems. I had to do this during break in on my old Revo 3.3
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    Buy the sound of it your one way bearing has failed, I went through three of them last summer.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    alright thanks guys, this should cut down the time i need to start my revo in half!