Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    At some point I'll be getting a gun-metal STRC one.
    I love the gunmetal! Is your red one strc?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I love the gunmetal! Is your red one strc?
    Yeah me too, best color for rc parts in my opinion. The red bulkhead is Integy, along with the old caster blocks.
    Custom RWD 1/10 BJ Baldwin Trophy Truck

RC Qualifier
    Oh integunk erm* I mean integy. I didn't realize that's what it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    Oh integunk erm* I mean integy. I didn't realize that's what it was
    Haha I would never buy Integy. The guy I got my rustler from must of really liked cheap parts

RC Qualifier
    The parts are here! Time to get started!!!

RC Qualifier
    All the parts fit great. Should be completed and ready to test tomorrow!

You can see in this pic how far back I moved the motor. Before the front out drive was a couple mm away from hitting the servo stand. I really want it to parachute and NOT nose dive.

RC Enthusiast
    how is that center diff setup holding up? thinking about trying it out on mine but the 1/8 scale one just for peace of mind

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dezertmobber2103 View Post
    how is that center diff setup holding up? thinking about trying it out on mine but the 1/8 scale one just for peace of mind
    I couldn't ask for anything better, it has held up great. This is the best and strongest alternative in my opinion. Compared to the other ones I've tried this one is better suited for mounting in this truck. The sliding mesh set makes the motor much easier to remove when you need to. The mod1 gears was mainly my biggest factor when buying this, the truck runs super quite and the gear lasts forever. If you have a welder to attach the axle I would definitely go for it.

RC Competitor
    Alright guys I got the new chassis done, I wasn't in a rush because I'm waiting on some parts. This cut of metal was really nice and it came out clean. For this one I decided I'm going to mount the bulkhead directly to the main chassis, and for that reason I also decided to keep the bulkhead the stock width. The camber geometry before was messed up becuase the inner mount sat further out than the hinge pin. Now I won't have to worry about that or the chance of my glue bulkhead breaking.

Tomorrow the new grey bulkhead, top plate, Protrac front tower and EXO light bezel should be here, so that's when I'll get it all put together!

[/IMG]
    Did you Change the measurements of the chassis? and can we see a picture from underneath?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quadsatv View Post
    Did you Change the measurements of the chassis? and can we see a picture from underneath?
    Nice to see you on the forum! I did change the measurements to accommodate the wider bulkhead and to fit the frame exactly. This setup feels much stronger, and I'm also going to make a skid plate to protect the front screws.

RC Competitor
    Yea that's looking awesome already, i had to wait a day to signup on here cause i wasn't able to register the day i tried. Is it possible to run a longer shock setup in the front also? i was looking and found this thread about jato arms, but i don't want wider stance, just more travel.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ato-front-arms

RC Qualifier
    Yea that's looking awesome already, i had to wait a day to signup on here cause i wasn't able to register the day i tried. Is it possible to run a longer shock setup in the front also? i was looking and found this thread about jato arms, but i don't want wider stance, just more travel.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ato-front-arms
    Alright cool, we also had trouble making my brother's account. But for the last hour I've been messing with the front shocks trying to find the perfect setup. I went between 3 shocks (slash front/rear & MGT shock) and 2 different length shock ends to try and get the right about of up and down travel. The traxxas front shock with a longer end had good up travel but not enough down travel. Then I tried the traxxas rear shock with the stock shock end up front with good results. Had to mount it on the whole for the body posts, but it seems like it'll work out ok.

RC Competitor
    Wow looks like it gained more clearance with the shock with the reservoir. what kind of servos you using and linkage with that top plate?

RC Qualifier
    Wow looks like it gained more clearance with the shock with the reservoir. what kind of servos you using and linkage with that top plate?
    Yeah the MGT shock has a little more down travel but that causes it to bottom out earlier, before the chassis does. I'm using a Savox SC-0245, Losi servo horn and an extra steering link from a slash 4x4. The top plate is supported by a 1 in. tube.

RC Competitor
    What kind of tubing do you use for spacers like on that top plate and in the rear between the 2 plates? i found these that looked pretty strong that i thought i would use in the rear of the truck about 13 of them. Axial Post 7x55mm Grey AXA1428

RC Qualifier
    What kind of tubing do you use for spacers like on that top plate and in the rear between the 2 plates? i found these that looked pretty strong that i thought i would use in the rear of the truck about 13 of them. Axial Post 7x55mm Grey AXA1428
    It's aluminum tubing I got from HobbyTown in their craft department. I mainly got it to fit the larger frame screws but it works for other things too. I just measured a piece and it has a 3/16 in. inner and 5/16 outer diameter. I'm sure if you wanted to you could find some online, but it depends on what kind of screws you'll be using.

I had a picture of this guy's that uses those Axial spacers, his look at least 100mm wide. Using those spacers would be better if you didn't want to cut and use the tubing and threaded rod.

RC Competitor
    All im finding is 7x55 and 7x65 on this thread they said 55, i think it varys with spare tire location and what not and your motor mount.

http://www.ideal-rc.com/2011/09/trop...art-4-chassis/

RC Champion
    But for the last hour I've been messing with the front shocks trying to find the perfect setup. I went between 3 shocks (slash front/rear & MGT shock) and 2 different length shock ends to try and get the right about of up and down travel. The traxxas front shock with a longer end had good up travel but not enough down travel. Then I tried the traxxas rear shock with the stock shock end up front with good results. Had to mount it on the whole for the body posts, but it seems like it'll work out ok.

Wow do you think you are going to need limiting straps? I know that much down travel on a real truck wouldn't have a good turnout....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    All im finding is 7x55 and 7x65 on this thread they said 55, i think it varys with spare tire location and what not and your motor mount.
    That's true, are you just going to do a generic shaped frame?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Wow do you think you are going to need limiting straps? I know that much down travel on a real truck wouldn't have a good turnout....
    I'm going to go with the shocks on the right, but that could always change. Sitting flat the front tire sits about 3/4 of an inch above the chassis.

For a real truck that's about this much:

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to go with the shocks on the right, but that could always change. Sitting flat the front tire sits about 3/4 of an inch above the chassis.

For a real truck that's about this much:
    That picture used to be my desktop background for my computer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC poster
    Why are you running the Tenshock on there?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 20LSU View Post
    Why are you running the Tenshock on there?
    I knew someone was going to ask It's going to be the new motor for this truck, going to get a Pro4 HD to replace it in the Tekno. It was fast before with the 3800kv 540, can't imagine the speed it will get up to with this 4600kv Tenshock. Hopefully I can test it tomorrow!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    That picture used to be my desktop background for my computer lol.
    At one point I had it on mine too, it's a nice shot

RC Enthusiast
    I couldn't ask for anything better, it has held up great. This is the best and strongest alternative in my opinion. Compared to the other ones I've tried this one is better suited for mounting in this truck. The sliding mesh set makes the motor much easier to remove when you need to. The mod1 gears was mainly my biggest factor when buying this, the truck runs super quite and the gear lasts forever. If you have a welder to attach the axle I would definitely go for it.
    nice, on my other truck I tried the axial tranny first with Robinson gears and didn't like it then I went to the traxxas vxl tranny with a locker and that's what I stuck with but I like the simplicity of the center diff for sure and of course the ability to use mod 1! do you by chance have the parts list for the setup? I know you gotta by them in pieces
    Last edited by dezertmobber2103; 12-01-2013 at 12:32 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I tried the Axial transmission and I didn't like it either. You can either get a Ten-T(48t spur) or SCTE center diff(44t apur). I found a prebuilt scte diff from an rc website that I can't remember, but I found this one that you should jump on:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-Ten-SCT...p2054897.l4276

And you'll also need these parts to complete it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-TEN-SCT...p2054897.l4276

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...*-MOTOR/Detail

RC Qualifier
    I have the tenshock and pro 4 hd both 550 motors, the tekin is waay faster

Posted by my Galaxy Note 2

RC Competitor
    That's true, are you just going to do a generic shaped frame?
    Yea i like the spare tires mounted side by side Vertical on the rear, im just curious as to how much clearance i will have between them and the top links and the mount. I dont want to have them touching when the suspension is fully compressed, it would probably end like your brothers.

RC Competitor
    Im pretty sure that the spacers and mounts for the spare tires will be high up on the frame, i just dont have them cut out yet i want to make sure i know what setup im doing and what measurements before i start it, im just gathering parts right now, i still dont know what motor esc and drive shaft combo i should do, is that weld hard to do on the one you have?, Im kind of shooting for a truck like this Blue one, but without the extended front a arms.
    http://youtu.be/bFf3i4o3m5g?t=3m27s

RC Competitor
    How long are your trailing arms? they are discontinued now i believe. Was wondering if these would work, also Bluemonkey RC said in about 1 month he would have a new set he would be making that i think should be like yours.
    http://www.vanquishproducts.com/vatwhatrarbl.html

RC Enthusiast
    I tried the Axial transmission and I didn't like it either. You can either get a Ten-T(48t spur) or SCTE center diff(44t apur). I found a prebuilt scte diff from an rc website that I can't remember, but I found this one that you should jump on:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-Ten-SCT...p2054897.l4276

And you'll also need these parts to complete it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-TEN-SCT...p2054897.l4276

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...*-MOTOR/Detail
    nice! thanks man...I would post a couple pics of my truck but I can't get any pictures on here for some reason

RC Qualifier
    nice! thanks man...I would post a couple pics of my truck but I can't get any pictures on here for some reason
    You need to upload the pictures to a 3rd party picture hosting website. Like www.photobucket.com then you link to your pics

RC Qualifier
    Yea i like the spare tires mounted side by side Vertical on the rear, im just curious as to how much clearance i will have between them and the top links and the mount. I dont want to have them touching when the suspension is fully compressed, it would probably end like your brothers.
    Alright sounds good. The axle didn't hit the top, the mount itself just broke. As long as you plan the frame and it's supports correctly the links shouldn't hit anything.

RC Qualifier
    How long are your trailing arms? they are discontinued now i believe. Was wondering if these would work, also Bluemonkey RC said in about 1 month he would have a new set he would be making that i think should be like yours.
    Yeah I think they finally stopped making the Hardcore parts and they're discounted whatever they have left. I just measured mine and they're 6 and 1/2 inches (165mm). Those Vanquish ones are NICE, and they look like they'll be long enough!

RC Qualifier
    No problem, don't forget to get the Revo axle too. I would love to see your truck. Like T4KT1KZ said, try Imageshack or Imgur, I've been using those for years.

RC Enthusiast
    I tried photobucket and I previewed the post and it was just the link to the album...I can't get the actual pictures to show in the thread

RC Qualifier
    I tried photobucket and I previewed the post and it was just the link to the album...I can't get the actual pictures to show in the thread
    I just looked at my account and I don't think they have a direct img code anymore, you're going to have to try another website.

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    still a work in progress but it will be fun when it's finished