Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wirgej38 View Post
    Any updates? I'm loving this build! Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Nice scratch build!
    Thanks guys, been kinda busy. I'll post an update tomorrow!
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBeachBikes View Post
    Truck is awesome! Great engineering, traxxas needs to step up and make a exact replica of the real trophy trucks. Looks like the rear 4 link works way better than the a-arm set up. (which is why they build the trucks the way they do)
    I don't see traxxas ever doing anything with solid axle. Also haven't been here in awhole it's looking good Xc!
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier

Update August 9th

Alright guys, so if you saw the last video you noticed that I added the completed side guards so that they cover the shocks.

Another major thing I did was swapping out the steering components. I really didn't like the red of the integy ones and they also had a lot of slop. The HPI Blitz parts are a direct fit and were $25, so I did it. The great thing about them is that they don't bind at full droop, they have more steering throw and they match the rest of the truck.

To finish up the green looks, I'm using the green tape to act as the green tube frame. So I going to tape all the sides that I want green and then put the carbon fiber over it on the sides so it looks like the metal edges are green. Tomorrow I'll post a pic of it finished.

Dude like I have said before your fabrication skills are off chain.Awesome truck dude keep up the good work.........peace

Spencer
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Man it's been a while! Here's you're reward for being patient!

RC Champion
    Well worth the wait, thanks Cycon! I take it you have way too much down travel without the limiting straps....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Whoa.. is it just the video? That thing looks like a handful to drive, keep straight or power slide through a corner ....

RC Qualifier
    very nice video

RC Champion
    Looks as though you could use a steering gyro to assist with control on the straights and cornering..... Looks really good and good job on the build....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Well worth the wait, thanks Cycon! I take it you have way too much down travel without the limiting straps....
    Yeah I've been slacking a little, but it's time to get it finished! The travel goes down another inch, but the drive shaft won't function at that angle. The straps mainly give it a nice visual touch.

Whoa.. is it just the video? That thing looks like a handful to drive, keep straight or power slide through a corner ....
    No it's not just the video. It likes to want to spin out, so it's a constant battle trying to keep it lined up. You would think a 8+ lb car wouldn't want to move from a straight line!

Quote Originally Posted by rustler1999929 View Post
    very nice video
    Thanks Rustler!

Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Looks as though you could use a steering gyro to assist with control on the straights and cornering..... Looks really good and good job on the build....
    That's actually a really good idea, because I was wondering how I was going to fix the traction issue. I'll look into that, thanks!

RC Qualifier
    So here's the aftermath of that day. Had a leak in the right rear shock, and busted the link support, but other than that it was a great day. Going to try an Axial part to replace the RC4WD top link mount, because the aluminum they used was weak, as you can tell..

RC Qualifier
    Amazing. Congrats. You've hand built a better handling truck than what I paid $600 for. Traxxas should take notice.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Banjo, I really do appreciate the complement. In the beginning I never would have thought I would get to this point.

Man! You should be extremely proud of yourself! You have hand built an amazing rc truck! I knew from the start that you would have a finished product that rivals anything you t buy on the market! Congratulations!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Totally sweet! Looks amazing! No offense though but I liked it better with the rear fenders as well...but I can see it looks more realistic without them right? Idk but amazing job once again
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    No it's not just the video. It likes to want to spin out, so it's a constant battle trying to keep it lined up. You would think a 8+ lb car wouldn't want to move from a straight line!
    Yeah, it looks like a bear at times to control. Oh well, that's what scratch building is all about... At times it takes lots of R & D to arrive at an optimum place for the design. The Video was nicely done as well

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    Totally sweet! Looks amazing! No offense though but I liked it better with the rear fenders as well...but I can see it looks more realistic without them right? Idk but amazing job once again
    Thanks mitt! I just forgot to bring the fenders with me. Until I make body posts for them, I just tape them on. I think it looks cooler with them on, that's when you really notice the travel! Next video I'll have them on for sure.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, it looks like a bear at times to control. Oh well, that's what scratch building is all about... At times it takes lots of R & D to arrive at an optimum place for the design. The Video was nicely done as well
    I agree man, it takes a while, but getting it right in the end is the reward of building!

Just read through this for the first time, dont know how i missed this thread until now.

Simply AMAZING, love this build.

Blows me away that to my knowledge nobody has come out with a mass mfg Trophy Truck.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    nice. is that separate shock in the rear going to be a bump stop.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have bump stops for the rear shocks

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Absolutely amazing man.. your creativity is off the charts to do a scratch build like this is great.. you did an amazing job.. i just finished reading through the entire thread and i have to agree with Cameron i don't know how i missed this thread but i am glad that i found it cause it has inspired me for my next build after i finish building my slash 4X4 from the ground up but i started with the LCG chassis and i am building from there...... but anyways amazing thread, build, fabrication everything is just amazing

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Just read through this for the first time, dont know how i missed this thread until now.

Simply AMAZING, love this build.

Blows me away that to my knowledge nobody has come out with a mass mfg Trophy Truck.
    Thanks Cameron, it's crazy how far it's come in.

RC4WD actually made a trophy truck kit but it's seems like they've discontinued it. I think it was around $400.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    nice. is that separate shock in the rear going to be a bump stop.
    I plan on using bump stops, just haven't figured out the right setup yet. The slash front shocks are a little too long, but the 1/16 shocks aren't big enough to actually dampen the axle...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    Absolutely amazing man.. your creativity is off the charts to do a scratch build like this is great.. you did an amazing job.. i just finished reading through the entire thread and i have to agree with Cameron i don't know how i missed this thread but i am glad that i found it cause it has inspired me for my next build after i finish building my slash 4X4 from the ground up but i started with the LCG chassis and i am building from there...... but anyways amazing thread, build, fabrication everything is just amazing
    Thanks a lot BEvans. I'm really happy that what I've done with this has inspired others. I really want to popularize scale trophy trucks in rc. Who knows, maybe it could be a new class!???
    They're definitely the coolest vehicle with wheels, I don't see why rc companies aren't all over that!

RC Racer
    Thanks a lot BEvans. I'm really happy that what I've done with this has inspired others. I really want to popularize scale trophy trucks in rc. Who knows, maybe it could be a new class!???
    They're definitely the coolest vehicle with wheels, I don't see why rc companies aren't all over that!
    Yea no kidding like i said right now im building a slash 4X4 from the ground up and i got bored with waiting for money and parts that i wanted something to drive so i bought a 1/16th slash and now i have to upgrade it to but that thing is fun to drive.... but anyways thanks again

RC Racer
    Looks great. I like the spare tires. Looks like the slash desert suspension video on you tube.

RC Qualifier
    Neat build !
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Qualifier
    Now you need to do a tenth scale huck fest. Bj won it

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wfburton159 View Post
    Looks great. I like the spare tires. Looks like the slash desert suspension video on you tube.
    Thanks, I've always loved his truck. It was one of the main reasons I wanted to build a scale trophy truck. He really found a good handling scale setup for his stock slash 4x4.

For other's that haven't seen it:

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Now you need to do a tenth scale huck fest. Bj won it

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    I was actually thinking about doing that, but I live no where near dunes! I was watching him on Facebook as he was getting ready for it. Then I saw Monster Energy's video covering it... Wow is his truck amazing... Still prefer his old scene over the new one, but the truck still looks awesome!

RC Champion
    I have seen that video before but still cant get those results...

RC Qualifier
    Check out the beast at the beach! The truck was awesome today, everything worked great, and best of all, nothing broke!

RC Champion
    Yet again thanks for the vid.

RC Champion
    Awesome video! Well done!

RC Qualifier
    Nice job with the filming, 2wd is more fun in the sand for sure!

RC Champion
    Great Vid. It rides so smoothly over the bumps! Great work on the build!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXnewbie21 View Post
    Great Vid. It rides so smoothly over the bumps! Great work on the build!
    Thanks, I'm really happy with how it handled. Next time bigger jumps and longer whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Nice job with the filming, 2wd is more fun in the sand for sure!
    Appreciate it Adam, 2wd is definitely more fun!

Awesome video! Well done!
    Thanks Viper!

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Yet again thanks for the vid.
    No problem, glad you liked it!

RC Qualifier
    I plan on using bump stops, just haven't figured out the right setup yet. The slash front shocks are a little too long, but the 1/16 shocks aren't big enough to actually dampen the axle...
    I've ran the e revo shocks for bump stops for over a year. They are still going strong. You can use slash front shocks. You just need to limit the travel internally. What is that random shock doing there anyways?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    I've ran the e revo shocks for bump stops for over a year. They are still going strong. You can use slash front shocks. You just need to limit the travel internally. What is that random shock doing there anyways?
    Which TT is yours, and do you have a pic? I've seen a couple that had bumps stops. I tried driving it with the bump stop but the oil was too thick, so it just made it land weird. After that I just bent it out of the way of the axle.