Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 240 of 1068
  1. #201
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SD California
    Posts
    858
    There is a brushed and brushless rc4wd g10 kit diff available. You were running the brushed version in the beginning.

  2. #202
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    There is a brushed and brushless rc4wd g10 kit diff available. You were running the brushed version in the beginning.
    Are you sure? I looked on their website and only saw one version, unless they discontinued it?
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  3. #203
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SD California
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Are you sure? I looked on their website and only saw one version, unless they discontinued it?
    Ya it may be discontinued because they are going to discontinue the g10 kit from what I've heard. I just looked the g10 isn't even on their site anymore. There used to be an upgraded diff for brushless motors.
    Last edited by 96motorhead; 07-19-2013 at 12:12 PM.

  4. #204
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SD California
    Posts
    858
    Well if you get the length of the pinion and the spacing for the holes on the diff cup I could see if this gear will work. These gears are close to invincible.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-A...item43bdb145be

  5. #205
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    Ya it may be discontinued because they are going to discontinue the g10 kit from what I've heard. I just looked the g10 isn't even on their site anymore. There used to be an upgraded diff for brushless motors.
    That's weird. When I ordered my axle originally, it was just called the Hardcore axle. Maybe I just got a bad set of gears I guess. Hopefully these will work out, I'll measure the old gears tomorrow.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  6. #206
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,387
    It has been awhile since I have chimed in. That truck of yours is just amazing! You should be extremely proud of yourself. You had an idea of what you wanted to do and did it! Congratulations! !!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  7. #207
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    It has been awhile since I have chimed in. That truck of yours is just amazing! You should be extremely proud of yourself. You had an idea of what you wanted to do and did it! Congratulations! !!
    Thanks, but the truck in the video was actually my brother's. I'll make sure to give him the compliment!
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  8. #208
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    These 3 pictures right here have made me think.. Before I never had a good picture of BJ's chassis to base my design off of. These pictures were released a few days ago, and they have made me want to change my design a little. Before mine felt like there were too many pieces, and it's design felt a little too complex...







    With this new inspiration, I'm going simplify and strengthen my build, by doing this:







    I'm the type of person that isn't happy unless something is done right. Now I'm excited because I'll finally be satisfied, and confident that my truck can handle rough terrain. And It won't be made of cardboard of course XD
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  9. #209
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    I also changed up the motor mount. This was actually my brother's idea, so I'm not going to say I came up with this.. But I now have my motor mounted upright to not only save space, but to bring the c.o.g closer to the front and more importantly, centered.





    Here's the new bumper/skid plate pieces. Now everything is one piece and I can take off or replace the front flap thing without removing 4 screws. I'm also bringing back the metal front guard because I don't like how the one on the body moves. The front is now rock-solid, I'm pretty much trying to make this thing bullet-proof. Now there's a nice platform to mount the lights when I'm ready







    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  10. #210
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Looks good! Any more video yet? Thanks in advance.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  11. #211
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Looks good! Any more video yet? Thanks in advance.
    Thanks. No videos for a while until I get mine finished. My brother's had a bad crash while we were out testing it and busted the piece to hold the top 2 links..





    Last edited by CyconXc; 07-22-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  12. #212
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    972
    JB weld is amazing. Could probably use it on that pretty easy

    Samsung Galaxy S4 | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

  13. #213
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    JB weld is amazing. Could probably use it on that pretty easy
    Not quite sure, I haven't used that stuff before. That part takes a lot a stress, so instead of trying to fix it, we're just going to buy a replacement one..
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  14. #214
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Metal's here, time to get cutting!

    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  15. #215
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Not quite sure, I haven't used that stuff before. That part takes a lot a stress, so instead of trying to fix it, we're just going to buy a replacement one..
    If your plan is to replace it then you might as well try and fix it first


    Samsung Galaxy S4 | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

  16. #216
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    If your plan is to replace it then you might as well try and fix it first
    He actually found a spare part from his SCX10 that worked perfectly, it's plastic, but we'll see how it holds up.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  17. #217
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Got the new frame finished

    This feels so much stronger than the other one, and for this one I already have the sway bars built in!









    I'll get it installed and take some more pictures
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  18. #218
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    451
    Sweet! Where'd you get the metal?

  19. #219
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    I'll get it installed and take some more pictures
    Thank you for the pics!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  20. #220
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    Sweet! Where'd you get the metal?
    Thanks, I order all my metal from McMasterCarr. That last piece I got was Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum (Alloy 5052) .125" Thick, 12" x 24".
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  21. #221
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Here the new frame installed. Still need to put on the side guards, bump stops, straps, etc.
    The new width is twice the width of the old one lol









    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  22. #222
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    new york state
    Posts
    724
    Looking great! Very, very cool keep up the good work!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

  23. #223
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    256
    Looking really good man!
    One thing, your upper links are vary close to the limits of the ball ends for angle. You might want to try and remount the ball studs on a bracket of some kind that will get them closer to being in line with the link bars.
    This will reduce the stress on that joint in a crash such as the one your brother had and will help them to last longer.

    Also running vids please!

  24. #224
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmunky View Post
    Looking really good man!
    One thing, your upper links are vary close to the limits of the ball ends for angle. You might want to try and remount the ball studs on a bracket of some kind that will get them closer to being in line with the link bars.
    This will reduce the stress on that joint in a crash such as the one your brother had and will help them to last longer.

    Also running vids please!
    Thanks, it was a concern at first, but through testing yesterday it held up well. Without the shocks on I didn't notice any binding, so I thought I would give it a try.

    I'm going to end up getting these from RC4WD


    I'm also working on a video, so you should see it some time today
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  25. #225
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Looks good! I absolutely love your build.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  26. #226
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    El Cajon Ca
    Posts
    1,802
    Is the drive shaft at an angle or just the picture? Sure looks nice.....
    "enjoy your ride"

    Dennis

  27. #227
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Is the drive shaft at an angle or just the picture? Sure looks nice.....
    Thanks orca, it's finally getting there. The motor sits slightly angled to one side of the mount. I wanted the motor to be centered, so I had the mount the motor mount slightly to the left.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  28. #228
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,387
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Thanks, it was a concern at first, but through testing yesterday it held up well. Without the shocks on I didn't notice any binding, so I thought I would give it a try.

    I'm going to end up getting these from RC4WD


    I'm also working on a video, so you should see it some time today
    Did you say video? All right! I am lookng very forward to seeing all your hard work in action! I am sure we will all be amazed by the way your truck handles the terrain.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  29. #229
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Middle Tenessee
    Posts
    7
    I agree with you El Sob its gonna be awesome to see that video

  30. #230
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    81
    Man I love your build! I was just curious... I couldn't find why you switched back to 2wd from the 4wd chassis. Was it because you said the front diff slowed it down? Were there problems with the ratios? I'm planning on doing a similar build so thanks for your info!
    Start with a stick pack and work your way up, kid

  31. #231
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    hey im wondering if u have a lay out plane for your truck I would love to build one but I don't know any lengths of stuff if you have the lay out planes around and could email them to me that would be awesome and thank you and nice build

  32. #232
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by devmas View Post
    Man I love your build! I was just curious... I couldn't find why you switched back to 2wd from the 4wd chassis. Was it because you said the front diff slowed it down? Were there problems with the ratios? I'm planning on doing a similar build so thanks for your info!
    When it was 4wd it drove well, not problems with the ratios. It had plenty of traction, but it was getting the motor way too hot. I also wanted to make it as scale as possible, the real trucks are 2wd. That's when I switched to the metal chassis, which is the best alternative. Let me know if you have any other questions about it!
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  33. #233
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by ray947 View Post
    hey im wondering if u have a lay out plane for your truck I would love to build one but I don't know any lengths of stuff if you have the lay out planes around and could email them to me that would be awesome and thank you and nice build
    Yeah once I find out that everything works well, I'll post an official setup for my trophy truck. I'll list out the metal dimensions and all the part's you'll need.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  34. #234
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    756
    Got the video up! Let me know what you guys think

    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  35. #235
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Awesome! So how much longer until the weight is to scale? Looks real cool in 2wd in slo mo....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  36. #236
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14
    Truck is awesome! Great engineering, traxxas needs to step up and make a exact replica of the real trophy trucks. Looks like the rear 4 link works way better than the a-arm set up. (which is why they build the trucks the way they do)

  37. #237
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    cool thanks a lot

  38. #238
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    1,066
    This guys build might be helpful inspiration for your rear axle attachment:
    http://youtu.be/Q3-nwWggfps



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    / 16

  39. #239
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Redvers, Sk, Canada (eh)
    Posts
    826
    Any updates? I'm loving this build! Keep up the good work!
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

  40. #240
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,123
    Nice scratch build!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •