Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 1338
  1. #1161
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,863
    Yes thats beautiful....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  2. #1162
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    looks like you are having alot of fun!

    about the axles do you know where to get a complete rear axle cause I can't find them.

  3. #1163
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by GijsGoos View Post
    looks like you are having alot of fun!

    about the axles do you know where to get a complete rear axle cause I can't find them.
    Thanks, but I don't think you can get one completed. You just have to buy the parts separate.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  4. #1164
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by GijsGoos View Post
    looks like you are having alot of fun!

    about the axles do you know where to get a complete rear axle cause I can't find them.
    If you're going to start with like a plastic wraith type, try dollarhobbyz or rcrecycler

  5. #1165
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon01 View Post
    If you're going to start with like a plastic wraith type, try dollarhobbyz or rcrecycler
    That's not a bad idea, it would be cheaper getting one used
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  6. #1166
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    107
    Dollarhobbyz is new parts

  7. #1167
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks for the help !!

    Cycon what are the rods in the three link supspension, did you bought them or custom build

  8. #1168
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by GijsGoos View Post
    Thanks for the help !!

    Cycon what are the rods in the three link supspension, did you bought them or custom build
    I made them too. I just used 8/32 in. (or 4mm) threaded rod to use with the revo rod ends. Then I put a spacer around the threaded rod for extra strength.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  9. #1169
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    First time putting up raw footage of the truck, check it out!

    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  10. #1170
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brazoria, Texas
    Posts
    1,079
    The truck's shocks sure do have a lot of travel! How does it handle bigger jumps or are you not testing its limits yet? I did notice you weren't much more than half throttle.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

  11. #1171
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    The truck's shocks sure do have a lot of travel! How does it handle bigger jumps or are you not testing its limits yet? I did notice you weren't much more than half throttle.
    Haha yeah man it's got more that 3 inches of travel in the rear! It's pretty insane!! I haven't jumped it any bigger than the ones you saw in the vid. How it's setup now I wouldn't go any bigger. I do plan on getting some new pistons for the rear so it has more pack. But yeah I couldn't really open up the throttle because it's such a small area. The thing gets up there when I have a good amount of space to let lose!
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  12. #1172
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brazoria, Texas
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Haha yeah man it's got more that 3 inches of travel in the rear! It's pretty insane!! I haven't jumped it any bigger than the ones you saw in the vid. How it's setup now I wouldn't go any bigger. I do plan on getting some new pistons for the rear so it has more pack. But yeah I couldn't really open up the throttle because it's such a small area. The thing gets up there when I have a good amount of space to let lose!

    Speed pass videos in order? Lol yea 3" is a heck of a lot of travel.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

  13. #1173
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Speed pass videos in order? Lol yea 3" is a heck of a lot of travel.
    Haha I know! I'm actually scared getting it up to full speed! Things start to get sketchy lol
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  14. #1174
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brazoria, Texas
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Haha I know! I'm actually scared getting it up to full speed! Things start to get sketchy lol

    Can you stiffen the rear sway bar if you have one? Yea, independent suspension is nice cause of the speed you can get out of it.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

  15. #1175
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Can you stiffen the rear sway bar if you have one? Yea, independent suspension is nice cause of the speed you can get out of it.
    Yes I'm running sway bars so I could make them stiffer. It's just that I couldn't keep it in the same spot. I would have to move the whole sway bar set further toward the axle. I don't think the speed run would be as bad if I lowered the ride height.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  16. #1176
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brazoria, Texas
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Yes I'm running sway bars so I could make them stiffer. It's just that I couldn't keep it in the same spot. I would have to move the whole sway bar set further toward the axle. I don't think the speed run would be as bad if I lowered the ride height.

    Yea lowering the ride height will get you speed runs but I feel that may compromise the whole point of this build as you want it to be as realistic as possible. There should be an rc meet where someone judges everyone's car. But that doesn't appeal to everybody since you'd win it all. Lol
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

  17. #1177
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Yea lowering the ride height will get you speed runs but I feel that may compromise the whole point of this build as you want it to be as realistic as possible. There should be an rc meet where someone judges everyone's car. But that doesn't appeal to everybody since you'd win it all. Lol
    That's true, but I would only lower it for a speed run. Wouldn't want to roll it going 50 mph!

    Haha but a rc meet would be cool, so many people want to see this thing up close, wonder why
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  18. #1178
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,863
    Yet another great video
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  19. #1179
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    Cycon may I ask what the measurements are on your chassis and are these good trailing arms
    http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Billet-...al_p_3233.html or are these to short?

    Nice vid btw!
    Last edited by GijsGoos; 08-04-2014 at 04:09 AM.

  20. #1180
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Yet another great video
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GijsGoos View Post
    Cycon may I ask what the measurements are on your chassis and are these good trailing arms
    http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Billet-...al_p_3233.html or are these to short?

    Nice vid btw!
    Thanks. Those trailing arms could work but they would be short. You would have to make the chassis really long.. I really wish there was a perfect axle and trailing arms set that I could just tell people to get, but there's not.

    Here's the chassis:
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  21. #1181
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    107
    Cycon, I think you will agree that one of the best parts about building one, is doing your own research. Finding what you think will work best. Building your own parts and having a one of a kind truck. If people want to copy, you should just sell them parts, chassis, trailing arms, whole trucks... Just my 2 cents.

  22. #1182
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    106
    Man I bet if and only IF he wanted to. He could sell the crap out of the kits to build this thing!
    "Franken"Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

  23. #1183
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post
    Man I bet if and only IF he wanted to. He could sell the crap out of the kits to build this thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon01 View Post
    Cycon, I think you will agree that one of the best parts about building one, is doing your own research. Finding what you think will work best. Building your own parts and having a one of a kind truck. If people want to copy, you should just sell them parts, chassis, trailing arms, whole trucks... Just my 2 cents.
    I hear what you're saying Jon. If I wanted to start going that route, it would defeat my whole goal from the start. When I made my first metal chassis people instantly loved the truck. Then it went to people starting to ask if I could build them a chassis. Just like I am now, I'm not in the position to mass produce them. Even making 3 chassis would be a ton of work. So even though I couldn't make chassis', I wanted to at least help people make there own. Trust me if we had an easier way to do things we would start something. Until then it's just me helping where I can.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  24. #1184
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    This is what i've got so far

  25. #1185
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by GijsGoos View Post
    This is what i've got so far
    Looks good man, it has nice clean cuts. You plan on getting some protrac arms?
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  26. #1186
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Looks good man, it has nice clean cuts. You plan on getting some protrac arms?
    thanks no not really planning on protrac arms really, still need to order the rear axle.
    but is there a diffrence between the arms?

  27. #1187
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by GijsGoos View Post
    thanks no not really planning on protrac arms really, still need to order the rear axle.
    but is there a diffrence between the arms?
    Oh ok. IMO the protracs look more scale, plus it gives you that extra width/travel. With the rustler arms you have to use slash offset or it will be too narrow. At least with the protrac you have an option to run zero or +3.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  28. #1188
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    You should make lights in the front like this

  29. #1189
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by GijsGoos View Post
    You should make lights in the front like this
    Can't see the pic but I'm guessing you mean the green lights?

    I plan on doing them like my old truck:
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  30. #1190
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    20
    Yeah thats what i ment don't know why the pic isn't showing...

  31. #1191
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Got the 18+ tabs welded on so I could mount up the panels. Like I said the old ones were only temporary. These new ones are .030 inch thick lexan and are now removable!

    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  32. #1192
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    106
    Those panels are awesome. Very cool touch. Man I'm jealous of your build. Wish I the time and money to put into something like this
    "Franken"Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

  33. #1193
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post
    Those panels are awesome. Very cool touch. Man I'm jealous of your build. Wish I the time and money to put into something like this
    Thanks. I used to be the guy that watched people build all these cool things and then I thought why not give it a try? I think I started my making my own bumper for my slash, then I got hooked with fabricating my own stuff. At first it wasn't pretty haha, but the more comfortable you get doing this kind of stuff the better the end result gets.

    I'm pretty happy with how the panels turned out. Tomorrow I'm gonna try and finish up the front bumper.
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  34. #1194
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Sorry I meant to add a new page for it but I forgot. Here it is:

    Hey CyconXc are these the dimensions that I needed and asked for?

  35. #1195
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Wakesurfer is right. You could of just reminded me if I didn't send them. So many people ask for dimensions and the build guide it's hard to keep up. I also cleared out my inbox so that could have been why. I know I've posted the dimensions multiple times, but if you haven't seen them here yah go.

    Thank you so much

  36. #1196
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson Warrrn View Post
    Hey CyconXc are these the dimensions that I needed and asked for?
    Umm.. yeah, you're welcome
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  37. #1197
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Newest addition to the truck:

    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

  38. #1198
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    504
    Oooooohhhhhhh😮
    "That don't make NO sense!"

  39. #1199
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,863
    What servo are you using and how do you like it?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  40. #1200
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    Oooooohhhhhhh��


    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    What servo are you using and how do you like it?
    I'm using the Savox 1258tg. I like it a lot, it's plenty fast enough and it's got good torque. It's coreless, so you can turn the wheels with you hand without it being stiff. Only bad thing is that it has this loud buzzing noise if you don't mess with it to stop. But overall I like it
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •