Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,240 of 1369
    RC poster

Hey CyconXc, do you know if these parts fits the Wraith center axle? Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not Cycon, but I guess I can answer your question All three parts will fit perfectly into centered axle housing for Wraith. I have exact same set of parts on my truck and it works just fine
    My Garage: http://top-most.info/rcgarage/?colId=1

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimm3Fuel View Post
    I'm not Cycon, but I guess I can answer your question All three parts will fit perfectly into centered axle housing for Wraith. I have exact same set of parts on my truck and it works just fine
    Thanks Gimm3Fuel, i wasn't sure which axle should i get. Thanks again!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah Fuel knows more about the wraith setup than I do, glad you got it figured out!

But here's an update! Got the front FINALLY finished It now has 2 mounting spots on the front, 2 on the shock tower, and 4 on the chassis. Unless I need to fix a weld or add on a GoPro mount, all the welding is done!

- Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

RC Qualifier
    Got some more pictures! The new vent and rear panel really fill in the back nicely!

RC Racer
    Awesome build!
    Mini E-Revo VXL / E-Maxx 3906 / LaTrax Teton

RC poster
    stop posting pics of real trucks
    also what are the two things on the side of the tire in the last photo

RC poster
    Man, that's sick! Just install the rear lights and it'll be perfect!
    what a great work!

I had a lot of questions but instead of ask evertything, I just read every page of the thread and now i know what and what not to do lol. Thanks a lot Cycon!
    Last edited by nitroslashtt; 08-12-2014 at 06:23 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Awesome build!
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P_TiTTy View Post
    stop posting pics of real trucks
    also what are the two things on the side of the tire in the last photo
    Haha, just wait till you see it after I actually take time and do the new body.. It's gonna look amazing. But the two things in the back are the fuel refill nozzles. I still have to fix them haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroslashtt View Post
    Man, that's sick! Just install the rear lights and it'll be perfect!
    what a great work!

I had a lot of questions but instead of ask evertything, I just read every page of the thread and now i know what and what not to do lol. Thanks a lot Cycon!
    Thanks man!! I know, I definitely need to order the lenses! But I'm glad that it answered your questions lol. But just curious, how long did it take you to skim through the whole thread??

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Thanks man!! I know, I definitely need to order the lenses! But I'm glad that it answered your questions lol. But just curious, how long did it take you to skim through the whole thread??
    About 4 hrs sunday, another 5 or 6 yesterday, and 3 or 4 more today. But at the same time i was searching for everything that i should get so, that took some time too lol.

RC Qualifier
    About 4 hrs sunday, another 5 or 6 yesterday, and 3 or 4 more today. But at the same time i was searching for everything that i should get so, that took some time too lol.
    Dang!! That's some dedication lol. Was there any thing that you were confused about?

RC Champion
    Looks good! Do you have an nut on the other side of the screws on the valance?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Looks good! Do you have an nut on the other side of the screws on the valance?
    Thanks Sean! It's got a nut behind each screw, so I can take it off if I need to. I was going to do the whole wide bumper and attach flap to it, but I changed my mind. It's much easier just doing it on the body.

RC poster
    Dang!! That's some dedication lol. Was there any thing that you were confused about?
    I know haha, i now have everything planned, just need to order the stuff. No that i remember, you explained everything really good lol. I have to say it again, Thanks a lot Cycon!

RC Qualifier
    I know haha, i now have everything planned, just need to order the stuff. No that i remember, you explained everything really good lol. I have to say it again, Thanks a lot Cycon!
    Ok great, that's good. Unlike the thread, the build guide pretty much sums up everything in a more condensed way. But the thread has a so much more info, plus comments from other guys to reference. So by reading through it you have an advantage haha. Where you gonna put your build thread?

RC poster
    Ok great, that's good. Unlike the thread, the build guide pretty much sums up everything in a more condensed way. But the thread has a so much more info, plus comments from other guys to reference. So by reading through it you have an advantage haha. Where you gonna put your build thread?
    yeah, like I had s'thing to ask, but i saw that other ppl made the same questions so, i didn't have to ask you again lol.
    Im not sure yet, cause not too many ppl like nitro

RC Qualifier
    yeah, like I had s'thing to ask, but i saw that other ppl made the same questions so, i didn't have to ask you again lol.
    Im not sure yet, cause not too many ppl like nitro
    Haha that's true..

RC Champion
    Been watching this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-s1JGFjzqUo and I'm still quite surprised as to how realistic your truck is in how it handles!
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Been watching this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-s1JGFjzqUo and I'm still quite surprised as to how realistic your truck is in how it handles!
    Thanks man, I love that video. I think the biggest thing that helped me understand how mine should handle was me watching almost every single trophy truck video on youtube haha.

RC Champion
    Thanks man, I love that video. I think the biggest thing that helped me understand how mine should handle was me watching almost every single trophy truck video on youtube haha.

Lol haha I've found myself spending more time on YouTube watching so many rc videos my mother would call pointless. YouTube has to be one of the best places for visual info, whether it's competent or not.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Lol haha I've found myself spending more time on YouTube watching so many rc videos my mother would call pointless. YouTube has to be one of the best places for visual info, whether it's competent or not.
    Haha I agree with you on that.

Here's some onboard footage I uploaded last night.

RC Champion
    Does the understeer bug you or do you like it that way to slow it down in the corners? If your esc has a drag brake i'd put some in.

RC Qualifier
    Does the understeer bug you or do you like it that way to slow it down in the corners? If your esc has a drag brake i'd put some in.
    No not really, I didn't really notice it until you brought it up haha. If anything I guess it helps keep the rear end from wanting to wash out.

RC Qualifier
    Well guys I finally got my new Silverado from Proline, so work on the new body will begin soon!

RC poster
    what did you use for the carbon fiber? and ware did you git it? great truck

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach2196 View Post
    It's just a carbon fiber sticker wrap. You can find it on ebay. I'm gonna get some soon too.
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach2196 View Post
    Thanks Zach. Like Sean said it's just carbon fiber vinyl.

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But here's the newest video update on the truck:

RC poster
    you should put a nut at the bottom of the floor triangle (in crappy red circle) and make the doors longer so it will help keep dirt out

but anyways the trucks cage looks hella cool
    Last edited by P_TiTTy; 08-22-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: because the D

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by P_TiTTy View Post
    you should put a nut at the bottom of the floor triangle (in crappy red circle) and make the doors longer so it will help keep dirt out

but anyways the trucks cage looks hella cool
    Thanks. I can't really do that though because I have to put the exhaust through there. Dirt doesn't get in there anyway so I'm fine leaving it open.

RC Qualifier
    Here's the truck doing some speed runs! Also had the chance to try out the new gopro angle

RC Champion
    Can't wait to see these views in the dirt!

RC Qualifier
    Can't wait to see these views in the dirt!
    Yes it's gonna be awesome, I hope to try it soon

RC poster
    Man I just finished reading the entire thread. This truck has come a long way, and just when I thought it couldn't get better, you would take it to the next level. I've been researching building one for a while and I think I have finally decided which route to go. I plan on building 2 chassis' over the next few months so we will see how that goes.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fistalpha View Post
    Man I just finished reading the entire thread. This truck has come a long way, and just when I thought it couldn't get better, you would take it to the next level. I've been researching building one for a while and I think I have finally decided which route to go. I plan on building 2 chassis' over the next few months so we will see how that goes.
    Cool man, I know it's a feat to read the whole thing haha. But you're right, thing has come a looong way. I myself didn't think I could pull it off. But what kind of trucks you plan to build?

RC poster
    Well when I was planning originally, I was going to use an SCX10 chassis and modify that with an I beam front suspension. BUt after reading all of this, Im making my own chassis similar to yours. I have access to a CNC, lathe and welder so we will see what comes of it. If it comes out half as good as yours id like to do a limited production run as a kit.

Right now what im using is a Kyosho Ultima SC front end, Axial trans, and Wraith rear axle. Im going to build the cage and trailing arms. Right now what I have is a chassis plate mounted to the front and the servo mounted. Im waiting on my rear axle to come in for the rest of the mockup. Im using an AX-10 rear axle for now but its way too narrow (just for mockup though). For the power plant, Ill be running a Novak Ballistic 4.5T brushless system paired with a Mamba Max Pro. Its a hug motor so I have to modify the base plate to include a skid for the motor just in case.

RC Qualifier
    Wow sounds like you're well on your way! I would looooovvve to have access to a CNC and welder lol I would build something incredible!
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC poster
    Im a heavy equipment mechanic in the Marine Corps. Im actually in the process of a medical separation, so im going to try to hammer as many out as I can. The first two will be for myself and my dad, everything after that we will see.

Ive been in the RC world for about 5 years now. I started with an AX-10 and then converted it into an SCX-10. Bought a Tamiya TT-01E while I was in Okinawa as well as my Ultima SC. Sorry for the hijack XC. If you need any fabwork let me know and Ill see what my guys can do.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fistalpha View Post
    Well when I was planning originally, I was going to use an SCX10 chassis and modify that with an I beam front suspension. BUt after reading all of this, Im making my own chassis similar to yours. I have access to a CNC, lathe and welder so we will see what comes of it. If it comes out half as good as yours id like to do a limited production run as a kit.

Right now what im using is a Kyosho Ultima SC front end, Axial trans, and Wraith rear axle. Im going to build the cage and trailing arms. Right now what I have is a chassis plate mounted to the front and the servo mounted. Im waiting on my rear axle to come in for the rest of the mockup. Im using an AX-10 rear axle for now but its way too narrow (just for mockup though). For the power plant, Ill be running a Novak Ballistic 4.5T brushless system paired with a Mamba Max Pro. Its a hug motor so I have to modify the base plate to include a skid for the motor just in case.

Im a heavy equipment mechanic in the Marine Corps. Im actually in the process of a medical separation, so im going to try to hammer as many out as I can. The first two will be for myself and my dad, everything after that we will see.

Ive been in the RC world for about 5 years now. I started with an AX-10 and then converted it into an SCX-10. Bought a Tamiya TT-01E while I was in Okinawa as well as my Ultima SC. Sorry for the hijack XC. If you need any fabwork let me know and Ill see what my guys can do.
    Wow that's a lot to take in lol

Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    I would looooovvve to have access to a CNC
    Same haha, custom parts for daaays
    Last edited by CyconXc; 08-25-2014 at 08:59 PM.

RC Racer
    I think fistalpha is going to need to start a build thread! Time for us to start seeing some pics

RC Qualifier
    Here's the truck doing some speed runs! Also had the chance to try out the new gopro angle

This has to be the smoothest suspension I've ever seen in a RC. There frame seems to stay perfectly still when you are driving and your shocks absorb everything. The only time your frame seems to move is when you increase speed quickly and the front end lifts up a bit. Other than that it seems like every bump, even large ones where you go on and off the sidewalk, is completely absorbed and doesn't transfer past the shocks. Very impressive. The whole truck is impressive. Awesome job.